Changes V Lions Rd3

Remove this Banner Ad

Duffield trained this morning ,Barlow and Johnson didnt

I saw Johnson and Barlow at the end signing autographs in their training gear Salim. They might have been doing work inside the club rooms today.

I also noticed that Sandi and Pav took it real easy today and left the track early.

Is this a regular thing on Tuesday training Salim?

cant see how dropping mayne once he finally got them through the big sticks is a good idea. :confused:

dawson is as good as silvagni, so i would suggest we drop kepler if silvagni played well enough in the wafl to warrant a recall, does anyone know how alex played?

walters???? your joking right :confused:

I think dawson is equal to silvagni

its an unfortunate situation, bordering on laughable that we find ourselves in... whilst pearce may have earnt a spot on our squad, he has done nothign at afl level to suggest that he is anything other than a d-grade plodder, it was a mistake to elevate him.... and now that we have other rookies playing well at wafl level, who could be decent at afl level, we cant elevate them... i'm all for rewarding effort and wafl performances, but pearce will never be anything other than bog-ordinary in the afl

I agree with you on Pearce but I differ greatly on Dawson.
SNOS>Dawson.I think our best back six should have SNOS , maca & Dawson.

He's never forgiven us for making him look like a fool in Launceston.

He made himself look like a tool in Launceston, he needed no help! But yeah, I take your point, in his tiny mind he would blame us and obviously does, because he reems us every time he umpires (is that the right word?) one of our games.

Nicholls is regarded by a tool by most of the football fraternity, it's just that those who think he's a tool varies from week to week.

The supporters of the club we face this week absolutely loathe him (he used to work for the Lions and has ruled against them in most matches since he became an umpire).

Out : Duffield, mellington,
in: Roberton, Mundy

Roberton's form warrants selection,and Lyon lives by "keeping the integrity of selection"

Barlow starts half forward rotate through the middle with Deboer, throw the vest to Mundy.

Even afl.com is mentioning Silvagni as a forward option after his recent wafl games, I'd much rather he came in as a defender and JA deserves a better run than one game dropped..... couple of months, one game dropped... but after last week my 2 cents would still be (all dependant on fitness):

Silvagni, Lower, Mundy

Barlow to 4 quarters, Mundy sub, outs dependant on injuries but if everyone put their hands are up, JA or Kep from the forward line (or both, put Pav and SCOS forward and Barlow and Mundy bracing the mid) and and/or Ibbo or Suban from defense.

Even afl.com is mentioning Silvagni as a forward option after his recent wafl games, I'd much rather he came in as a defender and JA deserves a better run than one game dropped..... couple of months, one game dropped... but after last week my 2 cents would still be (all dependant on fitness):

Silvagni, Lower, Mundy

Barlow to 4 quarters, Mundy sub, outs dependant on injuries but if everyone put their hands are up, JA or Kep from the forward line (or both, put Pav and SCOS forward and Barlow and Mundy bracing the mid) and and/or Ibbo or Suban from defense.

Yeah pretty much this. I really hope Mellington pulls up well.

With A graders like Mundy I don't see why they can't play a full game. Atleast don't start him as the sub. You wouldn't expect Ablett or Pendlebury to start as the sub coming back from injury, even Johnathon Brown would be expected to play most, if not all of the game this weekend. (I know FWD and MID bring different workloads and fitness requirements, just using Brown to emphasise the importance of A graders.)

Barlow and Mundy should both play a full game, or at least as much as they can handle. Shouldn't have to start as the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out : Duffield, mellington,
in: Roberton, Mundy

Roberton's form warrants selection,and Lyon lives by "keeping the integrity of selection"

Barlow starts half forward rotate through the middle with Deboer, throw the vest to Mundy.

Agree with all of that, but add bradley out, silvagni in

If the returning player begins on the ground he can decide upon the amount of game time required as opposed to coming on as a sub for a pre-determined time.

Why not have Mundy out there from the start, helping to build a good lead & then he can have a rest once he is done for the day, whether that be after 1, 1 and 1/2, 2, 2 and 1/2 quarters etc.?

With A graders like Mundy I don't see why they can't play a full game. Atleast don't start him as the sub. You wouldn't expect Ablett or Pendlebury to start as the sub coming back from injury, even Johnathon Brown would be expected to play most, if not all of the game this weekend. (I know FWD and MID bring different workloads and fitness requirements, just using Brown to emphasise the importance of A graders.)

Barlow and Mundy should both play a full game, or at least as much as they can handle. Shouldn't have to start as the sub.

If the returning player begins on the ground he can decide upon the amount of game time required as opposed to coming on as a sub for a pre-determined time.

Why not have Mundy out there from the start, helping to build a good lead & then he can have a rest once he is done for the day, whether that be after 1, 1 and 1/2, 2, 2 and 1/2 quarters etc.?

I agree, best way to do it.

Barlow had to play a nearly full game due to injury last season anyway, when coming back as starting sub. In case of an early injury we are stuffed anyway...

Brisbane are slow plodders for the most part, so we should be picking a fast side imo. We really need to go for the kill in this game, as percentage is going to be important come season end, and we have some really tough games coming up. Hopefully Rossco is setting up to hand out some floggings where oppurtunity presents.

The problem with this is if someone gets injured early in the game. We shouldn't be taking gambles with underdone players starting either on the ground or as the sub....

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Lions Rd3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back