Changes V Lions Rd3

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange how nobody's calling for Clancee to be dropped this week.. :eek:

My point being that 1 game doesn't warrant a drop, maybe take that into consideration for a game where everyone went missing in the 1st half.

I will categorically state that if Pearce is in the team, then we have at least 1 player unavailable as he is definitely not best 22. IMO

Bradley needs to be dropped & learn 2 hold his marks.
Bring in a "small" for team balance as we were one player tall.

Barlow to start & play until he needs a rest.

Mellington & Duffield appear to be gone for next game.

Maybe Crozier or Roberton for Duffield.
Neale for Bradley.
Mundy or Morabito for the sub role in Mellington's place.

For a swirly, unpredictable breeze(for us anyway) ...yes...our forward line was too tall. Silvagni, Mundy and Mora needs to come in soon. Id offload Dawson for Silvagni, Bradley/Anthony for Neale, Mundy for Crowley and Mora for Ibbo

I don't think we need any drastic changes.

If Mundy and SNOS are ready to go then bring them in at the expense of Pearce (Can't see this guy ever getting a regularly spot) and Duffield.

Ibbotson has consistently received a free ride in the team, I expect this to continue.

If SNOS plays for Claremont today you'd think he'd be doubtful of playing against the lions...

That certainly would've been the case under Harvey, and Ross is supposedly more conservative with fitness issues etc but I personally can't see why a bloke in the prime of his life and fit as a mally bull can't play 2 games of footy in 6 days. It's all about management surely?

Same goes for Neale btw.

Surely it will be Grover for Duffield, and Neale or Mundy (Sub) (or maybe Pitt even though he showed nothing on the weekend) for Mellington and thats it?

If SNOS is truly demanding selection, I'd drop McPhee, make McPharlin play McPhee's role, and Silvagni take McPharlin's. There's a weakness in our defence, and it's not Zac Dawson.

If SNOS is truly demanding selection, I'd drop McPhee, make McPharlin play McPhee's role, and Silvagni take McPharlin's. There's a weakness in our defence, and it's not Zac Dawson.

This.

I would a setup more like:
B: Suban - Dawson - McPharlin
HB: Broughton - Silvagni - MJ

This enables Broughton and Hill to rotate of HB and on the ball, MJ setup play off The backline and let McPharlin mop up the loose balls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

I would a setup more like:
B: Suban - Dawson - McPharlin
HB: Broughton - Silvagni - MJ

This enables Broughton and Hill to rotate of HB and on the ball, MJ setup play off The backline and let McPharlin mop up the loose balls.

Slower than a wet week.

One of our main problems.

Crowley is one of the worst users of the pill, handballe to danger almost everytime and turns the ball over heaps. would love for him to e more accurate with his handballs. he uses his size well but turnovers in the middle is killing us

I disagree. If that was the case being one of our worst handlers of the ball, He wouldnt of kicked 2 goals in the final quarter from the 50m arc against the swans.

In: Mundy, Morabito, Silvagni, Neale
Out: Anthony, Duffield, Mellingtonm Pearce

FB: Ibbotson Dawson Silvagni
HB: Mcphee Mcpharlin Suban
C: Hill Barlow Neale
HF: Mayne Pavlich Mzungu
FF: De Boer Bradley Clarke
1st: Sandilands Crowley Fyfe
Int Broughton Mundy Johnson Morabito (Sub)

In: Mundy, Morabito, Silvagni, Neale
Out: Anthony, Duffield, Mellingtonm Pearce

FB: Ibbotson Dawson Silvagni
HB: Mcphee Mcpharlin Suban
C: Hill Barlow Neale
HF: Mayne Pavlich Mzungu
FF: De Boer Bradley Clarke
1st: Sandilands Crowley Fyfe
Int Broughton Mundy Johnson Morabito (Sub)

I don't think SNOS or neale will play as they both played WAFL today..

I disagree. If that was the case being one of our worst handlers of the ball, He wouldnt of kicked 2 goals in the final quarter from the 50m arc against the swans.

Shooting at goal is the only thing he is good at surprisingly,although didnt he miss his first shot 25 mtrs out straight in front

In-Mundy,Snos
Out-Dawson,Anthony

Spurr seems fairly quick , problem is he's stuck on the rookie list.

Yes he is, and so is JKW and he's stuck on the rookie list too. Forster and Sutcliffe get over the ground alright too.

Let's hope they can play and over time we can fix the problem that Chops highlighted. We need to be patient unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes V Lions Rd3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back