Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I swear to god, if Billy’s the travelling emergency…
Remember when we had Harrison Wigg in really good form in the SANFL, then they made him traveling emergency and then the SANFL team had the bye the next week and we then went "Well we can't pick him now, he hasn't played in 2 weeks!". We'll probably do something similar with Dowling.

This is where we need to change our philosophy.
Let’s see which players don’t deserve to play AFL and then fill those spots with the best performed SANFL players.
We aren’t contending and have our selection backwards and we end up with players in the list who we aren’t sure about after 3-4 years.
I am confident that if we debut a KID interstate, and we were smashed, and the KID lost confidence then all the posters on the changes board would say “Not your fault Nicksy, at least you gave it a crack”

I am confident that if we debut a KID interstate, and we were smashed, and the KID lost confidence then all the posters on the changes board would say “Not your fault Nicksy, at least you gave it a crack”
I’m confident we’ve had 2 games at home so far.

Oh **** off

I'm glad we didn't drop any kids, but literally in what world is it logical to bring Hammil in, during the year where he is likely to be delisted.....

We have form for this sort of brain-dead shit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gollant in is a good step in the right direction. He needs to play the remainder of the season. Needs the games

I'm glad Cook, Nank remained. So a positive.

Hamill, Well this smacks of Nicks jumping on the mature body. But Hamill needs a go at some stage to determine if he has a future.

Nicks yet again showed he is not wanting to go out of his comfort zone with selection. So nothing will change. Missed opportunity to put games into fresh faces.

Can't wait for Murphy and Schoenberg to be the answers in the coming weeks.

I bet Curtin is loving what he is seeing when he would have almost certainly played at West Coast already. Probably also played at North Melbourne and St Kilda.

Well, we expected the worst (Hamill), and it was delivered.

Gollant in is a positive, and they managed not to drop Cook or Nankervis, which is also a plus. But the lack of selection accountability in the midfield is farcical.
Given his gametime last week i'm assuming Cook is sub.

Off topic but i would love to see Curtin get a run in the middle this week at SANFL level, and then next week and then each and every week that he is there and when he finally gets a nod for the AFL side, he can have a run through the midfield rotations.

As for dowling, any chance that its smoke and mirrors and he might actually come in for someone game day...?? One can only hope

It's cartoony enough for me to believe that Nicks thinks he is so big brain to bring in a guy with no hip/core strength to feast on the new dangerous tackle law.

I don't see why they bring in Gollant - he hasn't got it.

Pedlar needs coming back ASAP. Kick him to the kerb to make a point but you don't leave him out. The second he finds his groove again he can drag the whole team along with him, we saw it in patches last year.

Nicks is a ****ing donkey

I'm glad we didn't drop any kids, but literally in what world is it logical to bring Hammil in, during the year where he is likely to be delisted.....

We have form for this sort of brain-dead s**t

I guess the positive is its list exploration even if its by dumb luck and pathetic selection policy. The season is over anyway. So there is technically no harm in giving Hamill a game. Its his last chance or his gone and he has played well in many of his non concussed games. So I'd rather have him get a game or two, see how he goes before making a decision.

Probably giving the selection committee too much credit but maybe this was their idea with Parnell. But I doubt it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back