Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be a brave move to play Lienert over Homa. I'm a Lienert fan and really keen to see him get a chance but is this the time to be 'having a look' at a player. If Ken genuinely believes Lienert is in better form then fair enough but I doubt that's the case given he's just come back in from an injury lay off.

It would be a brave move to play Lienert over Homa. I'm a Lienert fan and really keen to see him get a chance but is this the time to be 'having a look' at a player. If Ken genuinely believes Lienert is in better form then fair enough but I doubt that's the case given he's just come back in from an injury lay off.

But we were keen to get him out there before he was injured. We also have the situation where Hombsch has become last player in first player out on a couple of occasions which maybe has him at a level where he has peaked like Moore and Young. We know what Hombsch brings to the table and it's limited he's not growing in the role.

Leinert could prehaps grow into something better? We are not losing anything trying something new on exposed sanfl form.

If Hombsch has told us he is definitely going I wonder how that would change people's opinions re: Hombsch v Lienert this week?

For mine we know what Hombsch can offer come finals time if required so if he is definitely leaving I would use this week to have a look at Lienert.

Otherwise I would go with Hombsch.

If Hombsch has told us he is definitely going I wonder how that would change people's opinions re: Hombsch v Lienert this week?

For mine we know what Hombsch can offer come finals time if required so if he is definitely leaving I would use this week to have a look at Lienert.

Otherwise I would go with Hombsch.

Genuinely a difficult position in one way but great for the PAFC in another to have quality choices.

Going back a year or two, Kevin Sheedy was reported as having said to a player who asked why he wasn't being given a go in the 'As'' "Which of your teamates do you think you should replace?"

Having watched a few games at Alberton I think Lienert suits the style of our back six in that he is quick to move accross and help out. Like most/all of the guys back there he is not the gorilla one v one player.

Having sat a few times in the south eastern pocket at Alberton where there is almost no crowd what has impressed me most (apart from his kicking) is Lienert's voice and team care.

Quite a few times have seen him in Magpies games directing the younger guys and offering encouragement. Will fit in and play ok if he comes in I think.

Winter time. Some grinding wins. Time to get some buzz. Time for a debutant.

Yeah I'm really keen to see Lienert at AFL level.

Now really is the time to do it, too. If we have an injury to a KPD come finals, I'd rather choose from (realistically) Hombsch and Lienert, rather than just Hombsch.

Hombsch over Lienert.

2 reasons.

1. We're trying to get top 2 or top 4, and that may require percentage. In that situation you play the absolute best team you can, and you show no mercy to the opposition.

2. We're also preparing a side for the finals, Jonas will be back by then. We are unlikely to need to play both of Hombsch and Lienert, unless we have some serious injuries, as such we should be playing the player who will be needed come finals time, as much as possible when thr chance is there. That man is Hombsch.

P.s. with point 2, it's especially important when it is likely that the Magpies wont play finals, and we'll be pulling depth up from the SANFL, in the finals, that may not have played in weeks.

Hombsch over Lienert.

2 reasons.

1. We're trying to get top 2 or top 4, and that may require percentage. In that situation you play the absolute best team you can, and you show no mercy to the opposition.

2. We're also preparing a side for the finals, Jonas will be back by then. We are unlikely to need to play both of Hombsch and Lienert, unless we have some serious injuries, as such we should be playing the player who will be needed come finals time, as much as possible when thr chance is there. That man is Hombsch.

P.s. with point 2, it's especially important when it is likely that the Magpies wont play finals, and we'll be pulling depth up from the SANFL, in the finals, that may not have played in weeks.

Agree totally. Unless we genuinely think Lienert is the better option, play Hombsch. We're late in the season in a Premiership window, you play best available unless someone is being rested.

Agree totally. Unless we genuinely think Lienert is the better option, play Hombsch. We're late in the season in a Premiership window, you play best available unless someone is being rested.
I think we genuinely think Lienert COULD be the better option.

Hombsch is well in front come finals time but we want to see if Lienert can add something extra/different AND we want to give him a game in case we need him come finals time if we get a few injuries.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably right but I'd prefer Sam to play in the SANFL and, strange as it sounds, give Farrell or Toumpas a go in that position.
Sam Gray or Farrell no worries. But no way should Toumpas play AFL ever again.

Sam Gray or Farrell no worries. But no way should Toumpas play AFL ever again.
I understand that Toumpas is the resident whipping boy around here but he is probably winning the Magpies B & F right now, whilst he is no where near our best 22, you've got to give him some credit for his persistence. He has continued to work hard.

I understand that Toumpas is the resident whipping boy around here but he is probably winning the Magpies B & F right now, whilst he is no where near our best 22, you've got to give him some credit for his persistence. He has continued to work hard.
He's continued to work hard...

on the 2016 pre-season 2km time trial ;)

Ken having a press conference today? He usually pre-empts selection.

Won't be until tomorrow I suspect. Usually has a presser for Sunday games on a Friday morning so we will know the team by then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back