Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

>10 Goal loss - bad loss
5-10 Goal Loss - anticipated loss
<5 goal Loss - Excellent result for WCE
West Coast win - I'm not sure I have enough crack to smoke to believe this could happen.

I think Freo will be better for longer and it will be a comfortable win to them. I just hope we see some periods of play where we show we can go with them and it is driven by the younger players aka hope for the future.

>10 Goal loss - bad loss
5-10 Goal Loss - anticipated loss
<5 goal Loss - Excellent result for WCE
West Coast win - I'm not sure I have enough crack to smoke to believe this could happen.

I think Freo will be better for longer and it will be a comfortable win to them. I just hope we see some periods of play where we show we can go with them and it is driven by the younger players aka hope for the future.
Losing by less than 5 goals can never be considered an excellent result.

If Scooter is 100% over his ankle i want him in as last year he did a good job on Fyfe for half a game and if we kicked straight in that half we could have won. If he is still propy then leave him out till he is and even then make him come through the WAFL.

Fremantle look good but being a derby you never know so it might be closer than the Geelong game.

Ellis should play WAFL too to get some match fitness.

In: Scooter ( IF 100%) Lamb
Out: Mcginnity, Tunbridge (Inj)

Bennell Mcgovern Yeo
Shep Schoey Hurn

Rosa Sheed Gaff

Masten Lycett Lamb
Cripps JK Lecra

Ruck: Nic Nat, Wellingham, Shuey

Bench: Priddis, Nelson, Scooter Sub: Duggan

If Scooter is 100% over his ankle i want him in as last year he did a good job on Fyfe for half a game and if we kicked straight in that half we could have won. If he is still propy then leave him out till he is and even then make him come through the WAFL.

Fremantle look good but being a derby you never know so it might be closer than the Geelong game.

Ellis should play WAFL too to get some match fitness.

In: Scooter ( IF 100%) Lamb
Out: Mcginnity, Tunbridge (Inj)

Bennell Mcgovern Yeo
Shep Schoey Hurn

Rosa Sheed Gaff

Masten Lycett Lamb
Cripps JK Lecra

Ruck: Nic Nat, Wellingham, Shuey

Bench: Priddis, Nelson, Scooter Sub: Duggan

Don't agree with this bit. I hear it every derby. When we were good and freo not so, they had a habit of lifting, and beating us. When it's been the other way around, them good, us shit, we don't lift, we just stay shit and lose, there's no fairy tale ending here. We will lose, and lose badly. I predict Pav will kick 8, and we will go down by about 7 goals. Our frankenstein backline cannot compete with the likes of Pav, Walters, Resting ruck, possibly Balla's, and their numorous goal kicking mids.

What year was it that Pav beat us on his own?? I think that may happen again.
2012. Pretty unlikely. He's a handy forward now, not a dominant one.

Who goes to Hill? I know you blokes are talking up Rosa on Fyfe as the matchup, but Fyfe will win that easily if it happens. It was Hill that Scott made the mistake of letting run free.

Its a Derby that we need to show up for and WIN ( if given a chance ) ,.... Fremantle having a six day break us an eight day break , no Crowley to tag Shuey .

In addition we have an injection of youth in Nelson , an improving Sheed and a backline that now is reliant on ball movement and dare I say it pace rather then slowing the game down .

I know it is unlikely and haven't check the odds but we need to win it if at all possible :straining:

2012. Pretty unlikely. He's a handy forward now, not a dominant one.

Who goes to Hill? I know you blokes are talking up Rosa on Fyfe as the matchup, but Fyfe will win that easily if it happens. It was Hill that Scott made the mistake of letting run free.

Selwood won't play, so really it's probably only Rosa, and maybe Wellingham who can play a run with role (wellinghams best game for us was last year when he went with Ablett) I'd say Rosa will definitely go to Fyfe, but I can't see him being able to do the same job as he did on Judd. If Wellingham goes to Hill, he will get destroyed, so we might be better trying to play someone on him who can run the other way (we have plenty who can run forward, just not the other way:D) and make Hill follow him. What's hill's defensive game like? We all know he can run and carry, but how is he the other way??

I think Wellingham is on a slow but gradual trajectory playing off what looks like the HBF, or something. I wouldn't want to interrupt that trajectory unless we absolutely had to. Rosa to Fyfe if we think he can match it. Agree with you MIKE85 across the board there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who does McGinnity play on (if he plays)? Dockers don't seem to have a dangerous playmaker off halfback like Murphy or Yarran (or Hurn). Duffield is probably the closest, or maybe ibbotson?

I reckon Hill comes in for McGinnity this week. Or Ellis if Tunbridge holds up (doubtful)

No chance can we beat Freo, their midfield is way to strong compared to ours. Fyfe , Mundy , Barlow and Hill will have a field day against ours.

Our undermanned back line is in for a world of pain this weekend. Rosa won't be able to quell Fyfe, whilst it was a good job on Juddy, their is a hell of a difference between Judd and Fyfe, Fyfe is another league at the moment.

Looking forward to the head to head between our brownlow medallist and their also ran

Should be an intruiging spectacle with our brownlow medallist narrowly beating him by virtue of the fact that our guy actually won a brownlow therefore must be better.

Then im looking forward to the second quarter when he is moved off him and we stop losing so badly

Rosa on Fyfe, Wellingham on Hill, Yeo to pick up Fyfe when he comes forward?

Their talent spreads us thin, but if we bring some intensity we can at least give ourselves a bleak chance..

29 and sunny so rain not a factor.

Rosa on Fyfe, Wellingham on Hill, Yeo to pick up Fyfe when he comes forward?

Their talent spreads us thin, but if we bring some intensity we can at least give ourselves a bleak chance..

29 and sunny so rain not a factor.
I think Yeo should follow fyfe all game. He has the height and athleticism, and if we do want to turn Yeo into a midfielder it would be a good learning curve for him.

Looking forward to the head to head between our brownlow medallist and their also ran

Should be an intruiging spectacle with our brownlow medallist narrowly beating him by virtue of the fact that our guy actually won a brownlow therefore must be better.

Then im looking forward to the second quarter when he is moved off him and we stop losing so badly

You fail to understand how the Brownlow works. It's awarded to the player judged fairest and best as determined by the umpires, game by game, across the course of all 198 matches of the home and away season. Not hard to follow, but it seems to elude you.

Last edited:
I think Yeo should follow fyfe all game. He has the height and athleticism, and if we do want to turn Yeo into a midfielder it would be a good learning curve for him.

That leaves Rosa in his defensive position, which may not be ideal. In different circumstances Id agree with you.

Simpson has repeated that Yeo will be down back until we get more defensive stocks on the park.

At some point we need to accept we wont stop Fyfe getting the footy. If we limit him to 20-25 and no goals thats probably a win. Yeo's disposal is too vital so I'd like to see him still focus on getting a touch down back and creating. Happy for Rosa to "limit" Fyfe and not win his own ball all day, he isnt as damaging anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back