Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully Clarke's knee is shot, he's far more of a threat than Hannath or Griffen. They both lumber and will be easily out maneuvered around the ground.

Beating Geelong and port is a decent form line don't you think ?

In 2013 perhaps. Not sure what you're expecting from Geelong this year and Port Adelaide haven't really had a great start to the season but they'll come good. Defensively Port haven't been all that sharp.

As for Fremantle, they might well be a little midfield dependent.

Those extolling the virtues of McGinnitys defensive role in our side musnt of been watching our first two games this year, particularly Friday night when Yarran had free reign to do as he pleased with McGinnity not even in shot. A pumpkin wearing boots would do a better job coz at least we could carve a scary face into it..

No changes for me, I'd play McGinnity on Ballantyne, Nelson on Walters and Sheppard on Hill.

B: McGinnity (Ballantyne), McGovern, Nelson(Walters)
HB: Hurn, Schofield, Yeo
C: Gaff, Priddis, Shepperd (Hill)
Hf: Wellingham, Lycett, LeCras
F: Cripps, Kennedy, Bennell
R: Natanui, Rosa, Shuey
I: Masten, Sheed, Tunbridge
S: Duggan
E: Lamb, Hill, Colledge
Bennell not accountable enough to play on Walters or Ballantyne.
Hopefully Tunbridge comes up, otherwise Lamb in his spot

As for Fremantle, they might well be a little midfield dependent.

Vs Port
Total Goals 11
Midfield Goals 4

Vs Geelong
Total Goals 15
Midfield Goals 9

They do rely on them to make up the shortcomings of their forward line. Close down their mids scoring (easier said then done) and they are beatable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like you've been cheering them on. You're going to be quite conflicted come the weekend.
He's just saying it how it is, they have a decent midfield who will most likely destroy ours. What can we do to stop it? I hope Simpson can think of a few answers in the coming week. I don't think we'll win but a big loss would hurt like hell.

After watching the game again my original thought of no changes has been flipped. McGinnity has to be omitted. Offers nothing when we have the ball and couldn't tag a 3 legged rocking horse.

Not sure who to bring in Lamb, Scooter and Ellis all a chance. But id still make just the 1 change.

Might be hard for the match committee to bring anyone in seeing that East Perth had the bye. Ellis should have a run in the wafl first IMO.

Those extolling the virtues of McGinnitys defensive role in our side musnt of been watching our first two games this year, particularly Friday night when Yarran had free reign to do as he pleased with McGinnity not even in shot. A pumpkin wearing boots would do a better job coz at least we could carve a scary face into it..
You mustn't have looked at paddys face then. No carving necessary

Yup yarran was blitzing early and it was only 105kegs of Lycett falling on him and giving him a decent corky that quelled his influence.

He was licking his lips with that matchup

Mcginnity's scary face !! th_320x214_mcginnity.jpg

Freo's billion or so i50 hurt Geelong and eventually weight of numbers saw the goals being kicked. If we don't get plenty of our own i50 it will be ugly. There is a massive onus on our mids to run hard both ways or they will be selling the defence down the river with the way Freo mids push forward so well.

The thing I noticed the most was how strong their players were in the tackle. They made plenty of effective disposals with guys hanging off them. It will be interesting to see if they have as much time when they play a more seasoned Swans midfield in round 4.

As much as I hate to say it. I think we need a big game from somebody on the inside to quell there massive clearance machines
in mundy, fyfe and barlow. if they get there hands on the footy atleast 60% of the time first we are going to get smashed.

As much as I hate to say it. I think we need a big game from somebody on the inside to quell there massive clearance machines
in mundy, fyfe and barlow. if they get there hands on the footy atleast 60% of the time first we are going to get smashed.
Those 3 had 100 possessions between them against Geelong

Add in 29 from hill and it's no surprise Geelong were smashed. With that weight of numbers again our defence has no hope

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back