Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's be realistic.

Barlow, Fyfe, Hill and Mundy will each get 25+ touches.

Selwood will "tag" one of them, which will have zero effect.

Some B or C grade Freo mid will play on Shuey and keep him to a dozen touches. Gaff, see Shuey.

Priddis will get 30 touches, 10 clearances and 10 tackles and people will have him in our bests.

JK, LeCras and Cripps will get cold waiting for the ball and frustrated at the lack of freedom they have/shitness of the entries when it does come in.

Derbies have become predictable as ****.

Out:
Tunbridge (Injured)

In:
Ellis?

Hope this doesn't effect the structure too much. If this doesn't work we're going to have to have to throw in a lamb chop or maybe go back to college. If all else fails I guess we could get a nice pint of guiness to at least fill that KPF need.

Out:
Tunbridge (Injured)

In:
Ellis?

Hope this doesn't effect the structure too much. If this doesn't work we're going to have to have to throw in a lamb chop or maybe go back to college. If all else fails I guess we could get a nice pint of guiness to at least fill that KPF need.
Newman ****ed his finger and is out for 8 weeks or so

Gonna be 29 degrees on Sunday , might be to our advantage , I dont know why ...I just hope it is !!
It won't be

Freo did a lot of work on their fitness after getting run down by port last year. They're as fit as anyone in the comp right now

We have to change it up in the middle or it will be the same result, Try Ellis,Yeo, Lecras in there at times Nic nat doing some roving off lycett or more like sharking Sandilands we really need to change it all up this game only chance we have !!

So far this year our midfield has only scored 5 of our 34 goals with 4 from Shuey and 1 from Gaff.

Early days i know but apart from Shuey and Gaff i can't see any other midfielder kicking goals regularly.

i would not be writing off west coast. they could have won both derbies last year with better goal kicking. however the loss of Mckensie and brown comes into play. good news for you is that nic nat, shuey, kennedy and lecras are in form and they are your most effective players. game on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have to change it up in the middle or it will be the same result, Try Ellis,Yeo, Lecras in there at times Nic nat doing some roving off lycett or more like sharking Sandilands we really need to change it all up this game only chance we have !!
But we have our brownlow medalist and his 30 disposals.
He is our saviour.

So far this year our midfield has only scored 5 of our 34 goals with 4 from Shuey and 1 from Gaff.

Early days i know but apart from Shuey and Gaff i can't see any other midfielder kicking goals regularly.

Cavka is pretty handy around goals from all reports, hopefully he can make a debut later in the season once he's fit.

He's just saying it how it is, they have a decent midfield who will most likely destroy ours. What can we do to stop it? I hope Simpson can think of a few answers in the coming week. I don't think we'll win but a big loss would hurt like hell.
Direct, quick and accurate football is how we do it. We're not there yet to beat Freo, I think...

The thing I noticed the most was how strong their players were in the tackle. They made plenty of effective disposals with guys hanging off them.

That's exactly what we don't have :cry: Priddis is the only one of our mids that consistently achieves this but (as has been debated to the ends of the earth) his disposal won't win the game for us even with his strength in the tackles. Shuey has the ability to but Freo will shut him down pretty quick, and of course Nic Nat can do it but he'll need 30 disposals to match it with Freo's numbers.

Should the game become tight and contested I sadly think it'll be up to Masten, Gaff, Wellingham, Rosa etc, most of whom couldn't shake off a light breeze let alone a 90kg Nat Fyfe power tackle.

I'm hoping for our sake the game turns into a slingshot battle, as we've seen this season Simmo's put in place some pretty good end-to-end goal set plays that work because our talls are able to take the mark and are all agile enough to keep the momentum going - we don't have lumberers. Hopefully Freo press too far forward into their attacking 50 and we are able to get out the back of them enough times to kick a reasonable score.

I wouldn't count on it though, Ross is too smart to let a flowing game happen for 4 quarters and our skills aren't really good enough to sustain that anyway. It's just the only way I can see us not being killed coz if it comes down to contested ball situations we're cooked like Lamb's skin under the perth sunshine.

I'm tipping Freo by 25, if we can keep it around about that margin it should be an enjoyable game to watch at least and will teach our new batch of draftees (ie our saviours) a lot more than a 60 point win over Carlton.

It was one of their no-namers with 300 or so posts in their changes thread. Looked for it again but can't find it, a mod must have come across it.

Yep ep, can't remember who it was but shallow post. Our mods don't put up with that. Got removed pretty quick after he got openly criticised for it. He got a kick up the ass. All good move along.

I think this match is going to be a lot closer than everyone thinks.

Appreciate the sentiment but your lot are that far in front it's not even funny.

Your mids - lead by superstar Nat Fyfe - will tear us to absolute shreds.

Hope to be competitive if nothing else.

It was one of their no-namers with 300 or so posts in their changes thread. Looked for it again but can't find it, a mod must have come across it.
That's bad form and I hope he copped some time off.

No need for that bullshit.

Yep ep, can't remember who it was but shallow post. Our mods don't put up with that. Got removed pretty quick after he got openly criticised for it. He got a kick up the ass. All good move along.

Inside 10 goals then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes Vs Dorkers Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back