Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Rockliff (injured or not)
In: Atley

I don't want a see a centre bounce where we don't have a fast player there. More midfield time for Motlop and Wingard. Play Boak deeper if you need to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neade for McKenzie or something dumb like that
Not so dumb.

I thought we were in trouble against Essendon when the 10th halfback came into the team for a small proactive winger.

Hinkley has a wonderful game plan for a couple of games, then goes all defensive!

He may complain that the team wasn't being adventurous and spreading but what did another halfbacker signify - be defensive and stay with your man, which is what they seemed to me.

Drop a halfback and bring in an attacking small.

Doesn't seem to have heard of attack is the best form of defense.

In all team sports I know of whether soccer,Lacrosse,basketball etc if a player is to be replaced by another be it injury or form then it’s always a like for a like otherwise you disrupt the team balance which then has a flow on effect on the game plan. Ruck out then ruck in. Don’t over complicate things cause it just doesn’t work. You just got to wonder Hinkley is on big coin to not get the basics. If Dixon pulls up lame then you can thank the coach for playing him in a position he wasn’t born for .

Byrne-Jones - Clurey - Jonas

Bonner - Howard - Hartlett

Pittard - Wines - Polec

Motlop - Watts - S.Gray

R.Gray - Marshall - Johnson

Dixon - Wingard - Powell-Pepper

Boak - Westhoff - Ebert - Trengove

If Marshall doesn't recover from his concussion might need to bring in Frampton to provide a big strong target up forward.

Not sure about the changes but I thought DBJ didn’t look out of place in the forward line against Essendon. Prefer him back but certainly wouldn’t mind seeing him up forward again in short stints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Changes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back