Preview Changes vs Hawthorn Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet could be even better playing on the third tall.

That is like saying Michael Clarke could make more runs against a weaker opposition.

No shit.

Just because McInnes or Lamb or Lycett come in - doesn't mean they are going to get "the second tall"

Defenders by and large choose who they match up on. Usually it is a combination of physical requirements and quality of player.

Darling by and large is going to get the better defender over McInnes because he is a better player.

In- butler Out Hutchins. Selwood sub. What more can we do. Hills earn't one more week and it's shame Newman and lamb haven't had a crack yet.

That is like saying Michael Clarke could make more runs against a weaker opposition.

No shit.

Just because McInnes or Lamb or Lycett come in - doesn't mean they are going to get "the second tall"

Defenders by and large choose who they match up on. Usually it is a combination of physical requirements and quality of player.

Darling by and large is going to get the better defender over McInnes because he is a better player.
Useless was possibly the wrong choice of word on my behalf.

Darling has almost been an all or nothing forward over the last couple years.

If you take a look back at 2013 he kicked 29 goals from 7 games and 13 from the other 15. And in 2014 he kicked 23 goals from 7 games and 16 from the other 15. I'm taking into account his defensive pressure has caused lots of goals and can't be measured with stats and his 2012 was amazing with Lecras and Kennedy injured.

The issue for me is when teams like Collingwood just send a flanker to him then Kennedy may find himself competing with two key defenders. It's more likely to do with injury but Kennedy and Hill while being good haven't been dominating since Darling has been back.

Mcinness is injured so we won't know how that may work. Possibly this week leave Barrass in and play Mcgovern forward.

It's not the ideal game for him but I'd be happy for Lamb for play. We've got to get games into him and now is as good a time as any.

At a guess....he seems pretty confident in himself. Can put pressure on and would be a bit of an unknown for the Hawks.

Reckon he could play hills role.

A few interesting match-ups:

FB: Butler Schofield Sheppard
FF: Puopolo McEvoy Gunston

HB: Hurn McGovern Wellingham
HF: Shiels Roughead Rioli

C: Masten Priddis Gaff
C: Hill Mitchell Smith

HF: LeCras Darling Sheed
HB: Stratton Frawley Birchall

FF: Cripps Kennedy Sinclair
FB: Durea Lake Gibson

R: Naitanui Yeo Shuey
R: Ceglar Hodge Lewis

I: Ellis Selwood Hill
I: Burgoyne Shiels Schoenmakers

S: Rosa
S: Hartung

My biggest concern is JK. he looks very sore and have sever played well end of season. His inaction robs us of a key strength
I was thinking this yesterday. He always seems to drop off later in the season..... Not sure why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few interesting match-ups:

FB: Butler Schofield Sheppard
FF: Puopolo McEvoy Gunston

HB: Hurn McGovern Wellingham
HF: Shiels Roughead Rioli

C: Masten Priddis Gaff
C: Hill Mitchell Smith

HF: LeCras Darling Sheed
HB: Stratton Frawley Birchall

FF: Cripps Kennedy Sinclair
FB: Durea Lake Gibson

R: Naitanui Yeo Shuey
R: Ceglar Hodge Lewis

I: Ellis Selwood Hill
I: Burgoyne Shiels Schoenmakers

S: Rosa
S: Hartung

If Butler and McGovern do come in that actually looks pretty good matchup wise. Defense looks decent.

Looking forward to the weekend.

So out
Barass, Hutch, Hill

In
McGinnity to hurt a few hawks
Lamb to be sub and come on for a last qtr impact
MCGovernator to come back sew up the defense.

My heart beats in agreement with these suggestions, but my brain pulsates doubt that they will make three changes to a team that has not lost since round 10.

I like Darling but he's under sized and doesn't take marks against good key defenders.
Needs to find a way to use his strength in one-on-one contests. We've all seen what he can do, and it is so frustrating seeing him lose contests that he very well should be nullifying or winning.

Out hutch

In McGovern

Yup I would keep Barras as the sub ...if gov or Schofield goes down we have a back up plan

Yup I would keep Barras as the sub ...if gov or Schofield goes down we have a back up plan
Nah, have to have a runner as the sub. If a player goes down early you can't afford to have a tall as the subbed in player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Hawthorn Round 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back