Changes vs Lions Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

I used gun instead of elite for this reason. They are guns to us but certainly not elite with in the comp.
Although Nic's is an elite ruckmen, Gaff an elite wingmen. Priddis an elite contested stopage player and Gov is elite for intercept marking.
It falls away pretty quickly after that.

I guess we differ in opinion there as I dont really think we have many guns or elite players in our side at all. NN is great when he's on, but he can't play a full game and seems injured, Shuey is way overrated by this board, Kennedy is good but misses too many shots from gettable positions and needs it delivered a certain way as he's not great in body on body contests IMO. Priddis has one string to his bow and that makes him a liability everywhere else and the list goes on. Add to that this team has no apparent heart or desire to do the hard work and we are no chance. Last years grand final showed how far away from a flag we are, and nothing has gotten any better.

I guess we differ in opinion there as I dont really think we have many guns or elite players in our side at all. NN is great when he's on, but he can't play a full game and seems injured, Shuey is way overrated by this board, Kennedy is good but misses too many shots from gettable positions and needs it delivered a certain way as he's not great in body on body contests IMO. Priddis has one string to his bow and that makes him a liability everywhere else and the list goes on. Add to that this team has no apparent heart or desire to do the hard work and we are no chance. Last years grand final showed how far away from a flag we are, and nothing has gotten any better.
This is all true but Nic is an AA ruck and the best tap in the game. By being the best as in better than everyone else doesn't that make him elite?
Priddis the same. Top 3 for tackles, possies, contested possies then a Brownlow in the entire league makes him elite at what he does.
Gaff was elite last year. The best winger in the game and AA. JK won the coleman. Surely if you kick more goals than everyone else it makes you the elite goal kicker of the competition.

Yes Nic has no tank and Priddis is slow and can't kick, Gaff can't kick off his right and doesn't break a tackle but they are still elite for their positions, well were elite last year.
Everyone has limitations. Even Gary and he is GOAT.

My changes for next week

IN Cole, Nelson, Mcinnis
Out Ellis (Omit) Duggan(Omit) NN(rested)

I would rest butler for another week and let tommy cole come in. Been Massive Duggan fan but i think a few weeks of WAFL might be what he needs. Nelsons recent form in the middle for ep has been very good and i would like to see how he goes at AFL level. Lions game is a good game to introduce him into the middle. Also i would give NN an extended rest.

I really really don't wanna go to this game. I don't think I've ever dreaded a game that we're likely to win easy this much.
I'll watch and ridicule them, with every good passage of play that occurs.

I'm allowed to, my feelings are hurt dammit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you worried that we'd lose or that we'll flat track them by 80+

Both results would likely result in me putting the remote through my TV.
Scared that we'll showboat our way to a 10-goal win and everything is fine. Had the same feelings before the same fixture last season after that Freo game, but I guess it turned out alright after that. But I just don't see how anything about this team is going to change in a hurry.

One thing to be wary of... As poor as Brisbane are, their home form is quite strange, going under by less than a quick to Sydney and pushing Hawthorn into the last quarter, but then being thrashed by Collingwood and Fremantle :huh:

Let's just hope our bunch of softies don't think the bye has come early...

Scared that we'll showboat our way to a 10-goal win and everything is fine. Had the same feelings before the same fixture last season after that Freo game, but I guess it turned out alright after that. But I just don't see how anything about this team is going to change in a hurry.
Wait till the game after.....beat Essendon by 100,000

Then North will beat us with hard contested footy.

lol RINSE AND ****ING REPEAT

This is all true but Nic is an AA ruck and the best tap in the game. By being the best as in better than everyone else doesn't that make him elite?
Priddis the same. Top 3 for tackles, possies, contested possies then a Brownlow in the entire league makes him elite at what he does.
Gaff was elite last year. The best winger in the game and AA. JK won the coleman. Surely if you kick more goals than everyone else it makes you the elite goal kicker of the competition.

Yes Nic has no tank and Priddis is slow and can't kick, Gaff can't kick off his right and doesn't break a tackle but they are still elite for their positions, well were elite last year.
Everyone has limitations. Even Gary and he is GOAT.

I think Elite transcends position. Is Nic Nat one of the best ruckmen in the comp, yes definitely! One of the best players in the comp - Nah. We don't have a single player in the top 10 in the comp so nah we don't have an elite player in my opinion

I think Elite transcends position. Is Nic Nat one of the best ruckmen in the comp, yes definitely! One of the best players in the comp - Nah. We don't have a single player in the top 10 in the comp so nah we don't have an elite player in my opinion
Elite goes 30 deep IMO but yeah I know where you're coming from.

Our recruiting has been woeful for a long time and we have done nothing to address our contested ball defeciencies other than draft Sheed which was a fantastic pick. The Tom Lamb pick was a woeful pick not that he cant eventually make the level but we passed up what looks like being a 200 plus game contested beast in Blakely exactly what we had been crying out for AFL ready and already showing more after 5 games than any of our young mids have bar Sheed in the last 5 years. We have no excuse to say we didnt know what he could offer look at his games in the Wafl for Swans before he was drafted.
Then we traded our first pick for Redden when we could have picked up Dunkley who we were keen on another who looks to be a good kid afl ready that is tough. We bid on him for father son along with the dogs and was not matched by Sydney. Will be a better player than Redden. The draft we took Brant College we were very interested in Rory Atkins but because he was seen as a rogue we didnt draft him. Another who looks to be a young player who will be a B grader at worst what did we have to lose we entered the draft at pick 45. These are just 3 examples of players the Eagles were very interested in but did not get for one reason or another. I am sick of drafting flankers and small forwards who have never actually played permenant forward. Fix the drafting up otherwise we have a barron period ahead.

Our recruiting has been woeful for a long time and we have done nothing to address our contested ball defeciencies other than draft Sheed which was a fantastic pick. The Tom Lamb pick was a woeful pick not that he cant eventually make the level but we passed up what looks like being a 200 plus game contested beast in Blakely exactly what we had been crying out for AFL ready and already showing more after 5 games than any of our young mids have bar Sheed in the last 5 years. We have no excuse to say we didnt know what he could offer look at his games in the Wafl for Swans before he was drafted.
Then we traded our first pick for Redden when we could have picked up Dunkley who we were keen on another who looks to be a good kid afl ready that is tough. We bid on him for father son along with the dogs and was not matched by Sydney. Will be a better player than Redden. The draft we took Brant College we were very interested in Rory Atkins but because he was seen as a rogue we didnt draft him. Another who looks to be a young player who will be a B grader at worst what did we have to lose we entered the draft at pick 45. These are just 3 examples of players the Eagles were very interested in but did not get for one reason or another. I am sick of drafting flankers and small forwards who have never actually played permenant forward. Fix the drafting up otherwise we have a barron period ahead.

Shred was a good pick. Patrick Cripps would have been a fantastic pick

Everyone whinges that Butler takes his time with the ball. Last night that's exactly what we needed. There was no composure from anyone.

If fit I'd like to see him in for Ellis who is not close to best 22. Ellis can't kick, he always throws it on the boot, not even to advantage side.

Assuming Mackenzie will return but wouldn't be mad if Barrass got another game. He seems a lot more defensively minded (punch first, even when he could mark it) but will be a good defender.

It feels a bit hopeless any changes we make. I wish we had a really challenging game coming up to see how they would respond.

IN : Nelson - Adamson - Jetta - McKenzie
Out : Redden - Hutchings - Masten - Schofield

Wow you would give LeCras another game, he has been worst than everyone else you listed out.

I would rather keep Hutchings and drop lecca.

That would send a message to the whole team.

Will be a very very interesting selection thursday as Simpson has declared major changes.

Wow you would give LeCras another game, he has been worst than everyone else you listed out.

I would rather keep Hutchings and drop lecca.

That would send a message to the whole team.

Will be a very very interesting selection thursday as Simpson has declared major changes.
Yeh hutchings is our best goal kicking mid (that says a lot) we cant drop him

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes vs Lions Round 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back