Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Predict your Thursday night melt level

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mchenry still isn't ready and he has played 65 games now. Why are we suddenly so careful now with Curtin when we have clearly brought players in previously who weren't up to it.
McHenry should have been canned before his draft. What the hell were they looking for? Were are "runt" numbers down?

The feel good cheering and hugs have gone out the window with debuts.
We will now call him Commander Nicks.
More like commandant Schultz..
mr narrins GIF

It's a shame we are playing the worst team in the league so early into the season

Even a slight pressure release right now is bad
Maybe it's best to just let him select Ned and Murphy, we get beaten by North and Nicksy will get his marching orders.. better to rip the bandaid off and get someone in who will play the kids and keep them at the club

I am worried they have mismanaged his knee injury as its been mentioned he looks like he is a bit ginger on it and we won't see him at all at senior level this year. I can imagine him getting despondant and seeking a move away
They should rest him for the rest of the year if injured. He looked proppy in preseason games. Needs a full rest to get it right i would say. If he does want out we should at least extract a decent pick. Both wa clubs not going well so a top 6 pick would be around the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a possible placing a team for the reserves. I hope the club did not actually send that through as it included Dowling Gollant
curtin Himmelberg Taylor Strauchnie etc.

No Burgess who was far less effective than berg on Saturday even though he got 3 goals and can’t ruck to save himself

No Murphy. Oh my god his form before injury was awful. Surely he should play. Ressies

No Ned. No cook.

Integrity at selection is a must. Agree with Gollant getting the arse but what about the other constant non performing players.

A win for north on cards

I only hope this is a staff writers team and not what the club sent in

Lest we forget

Just saw a possible placing a team for the reserves. I hope the club did not actually send that through as it included Dowling Gollant

No Burgess who was far less effective than berg on Saturday even though he got 3 goals and can’t ruck to save himself

No Murphy. Oh my god his form before injury was awful. Surely he should play. Ressies

No Ned. No cook.

Integrity at selection is a must. Agree with Gollant getting the arse but what about the other constant non performing players.

A win for north on cards

Lest we forget
Clearly Dowling’s not playing, Nicks would have pumped him up, not talked him down which would have done wonders for the kids confidence and belief.

Murphy might not be ready and there’s no chance surely he and NED would play in the same team.

Agreed I would have gone EH over Burgess, better ruck

Clearly Dowling’s not playing, Nicks would have pumped him up, not talked him down which would have done wonders for the kids confidence and belief.

Murphy might not be ready and there’s no chance surely he and NED would play in the same team.

Agreed I would have gone EH over Burgess, better ruck

Why not?

We LOVE Murphy and McHenry has replaced Pedlar

No Ned. No cook.

A win for north on cards

Lest we forget
Where did you see this?

Can someone please give me some remedies to assist with the immense frustration, disbelief then anger then possible mental breakdown when teams come out tonight as it looking like no talented kids getting selected and same old plodders picked again .
Maybe Murphy back ,but the breakdown cant handle it anymore , if they actually pick McHenry again .
Who at best not close to AFL player and in last 2 weeks been even worse .
Not even Nicks could do that .
Can He .

But He, Talia, Sloane and a number of players of that era always put themselves first, its never the team or the club.
I partially blame that on AFCs system of making players wait to debut and make it harder to play games earlier, so at the end of your career, why would you want to make it easier on other players? Why miss more games.

The rest of the blame sits with the board/selection panel who reinforce that selfish belief by picking these guys at all cost.
To my knowledge the Board has no say in Selection, other than perhaps informal discussions where opinions might be sought/aired. I could easily imagine this taking place today:
Nicks, to Smith: "Owya goin this week, Smithy?"
Smith: "I really wanna play".

Nicks, later, to Selection Panel: "Smithy's good to go, no worries".

Either way, it's Nicks. The selection/game-style buck stops with Nicks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes vs Nth Melbourne

Back