Preview Changes Vs Port Adelaide, round 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy hasn’t been sh*t for 2 years straight, far from it. Need I remind you of the fact he was a major reason we won a flag in 2018.

You’d think for someone that hasn’t played for a year and a half, you’d all be a little more lenient.
He was a revelation, in 18. No one denies that.

He's been rubbish since. It's been 2.5 years. How many more years should we be lenient?

He's been rubbish since. It's been 2.5 years. How many more years should we be lenient?
I've said this before and I'll say it again. Vardy wasn't even that good in 2018. Everyone just remembers the GF. He played 10 games and averaged under 10 disposals/15 hitouts a game.

In all seriousness Vardy does need to be dropped. In the last 2 games he's been brought on not because he is a great ruckman, but because our actual great ruckman needed a rest and we needed someone who can at least halve the contest (which I would argue he hasnt even been doing that well).

He is offering nothing around the ground outside of the ruck contest and needs to be benched. Cycle Allen/ Darling/ inanimate carbon rod through the ruck and play an extra mid or something.

He's not wrong though. A lot of people around here are quick to pot others for pointing out flaws in the gameplan/ players and think we should just blindly trust the club.

As you say, Vardy has been sh*t for years. Blind Freddie can see it, but for some reason we keep persisting with serving up the same streaming crap on gameday again and again and expecting a different result. The club obviously wants to play a 2 pronged ruck attack to conserve Nic, but the plan to execute that shouldnt be to keep putting the same nothing player on the ground again and again. The fact that we keep picking Vardy because we dont have any other choice is a glaring problem.
After watching making their mark, it looked like vardy was going to be delisted untill hickgod requested a trade.

2018 was 3 years ago?

Vardy has been pretty f*cken woeful since the flag year.

Actually, no, 2.5 years, probably less. And in that time, he’s missed a year and a half. But you seem to keep forgetting that.

Vardy is done and dusted.

2018 was 3 yrs ago, he hasn't looked like it since.

He hasn’t gotten a consistent run since the first half of 2019 (as I said, a year and a half), and that has an impact on a players ability to regain form. Perhaps you should wait more than his first 2 games in a year and a half before writing him off.

And, as I keep saying, it’s been a season and a half since his last game. That is a long time to be absent from football, or do you think he should be dominating from the getgo?

Actually, no, 2.5 years, probably less. And in that time, he’s missed a year and a half. But you seem to keep forgetting that.

He hasn’t gotten a consistent run since the first half of 2019 (as I said, a year and a half), and that has an impact on a players ability to regain form. Perhaps you should wait more than his first 2 games in a year and a half before writing him off.

And, as I keep saying, it’s been a season and a half since his last game. That is a long time to be absent from football, or do you think he should be dominating from the getgo?
Keep fighting the good fight.

But hes finished as a AFL footballer, you know this.

No one is asking him to dominate but what he has produced in 2 games if bar below bad.

He had the lowest rated game on field, by any team today. To go with his 3 possession and 1 hitout last week.

The coach backed him in, in the first hf of 19 a d he was putrid. Below WAFL grade.

Keep fighting the good fight.

But hes finished as a AFL footballer, you know this.

And Dom Sheed was a failed draft pick who would never live up to his potential in the second half of 2018. Odd how quickly that faded.

Honestly, I don’t think it’s fair to judge someone as a failure just because they’re still building after a long layoff. Remember, 2019 was a year and a half ago. It doesn’t make sense to just treat him as though he hasn’t had any injuries/setbacks in the the meantime.

No one is asking him to dominate but what he has produced in 2 games if bar below bad.

He had the lowest rated game on field, by any team today. To go with his 3 possession and 1 hitout last week.

The coach backed him in, in the first hf of 19 a d he was putrid. Below WAFL grade.

I wouldn‘t put much value in the player ratings, but that’s a whole other thing.

You can’t keep ignoring the fact he’s coming off a long layoff, and only playing 50% game time as second string to Nic. That has an impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be a statue of Nathan Vardy outside Optus Stadium to commemorate his last quarter in the GF, but unless he absolutely beasts it in the WAFL, his time is up. He's gotta go for one of Brander, Trew or Ah Chee, and let Allen or Darling cover 2nd ruck.

I just don't get the point of wasting a spot in the 22 on the role we're currently asking Vardy to do.

50% gametime when Nics playing 72% seems pointless, especially when when we can't win a clearance with Nic off the ground anyway. Just throw an extra runner on.

And Dom Sheed was a failed draft pick who would never live up to his potential in the second half of 2018. Odd how quickly that faded.
Dom Sheed at his worst, was/is still providing more than the witches hat that is Vardy.

You are all not paying attention to the real problem which is contested ball, Vardy and whoever being dropped doesn’t change the teams real issues. We get beaten at the contest easily and concede open play to our opponents way to easily. Make as many changes as you like but the reason we lose won’t go away until the coach addresses it.

You are all not paying attention to the real problem which is contested ball, Vardy and whoever being dropped doesn’t change the teams real issues. We get beaten at the contest easily and concede open play to our opponents way to easily. Make as many changes as you like but the reason we lose won’t go away until the coach addresses it.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back