Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it’s not a shame, he’s shown absolutely nothing and for some reason people on BF have a huge hard on for him. If he was any other player he’d be in the delist thread. Although it is a shame that a player who showed so much promise just couldn’t show it it the big time.

You do realise he's only 21, and still trying to settle into a position at AFL level?
He has kicked 13 goals this season so far, from limited opportunities.
He has a huge upside, but l think as a mid/forward (60\40 split).
Couldn't disagree more with any talk associating him with delisting....

I think Long is lucky as I said. However, I’ve seen him play well in the VFL and his first partial game was good.

It’s too early to write him off. Let’s see if he gets to play a proper inside midfield role this time. Last week we had Jordy in a Mitchell type role because he’s injured. That was a waste.

It’s Long or Sullivan for that role this week.
The alarm bells going off is Macrae has had better games at senior level in minimal minutes than Long.

And we rarely give Macrae pure midfield mins he’s always at half forward

Wtf has Long shown to be worthy of an extended run of games that Reef/Macrae don't seem to deserve.

How is Bytel named and Reef/Richards dropped. FMD.
Are you melting Olaf?

The alarm bells going off is Macrae has had better games at senior level in minimal minutes than Long.

Before his last dropping Macrae got 2 or 3 games in the middle. His problem is that he’s small and can’t win contests.

It’s probably why Long is being given another shot.

Yea it's like they somehow need to justify to themselves that the bargain bin SSP/MSD strategy is somehow superior to investing in and developing first rounders.

Really disappointed in our current development of young players. You can point to issues with drafting but if entire cohorts don't even get a proper opportunity, blame needs to be placed on the development side also.

Wtf has Long shown to be worthy of an extended run of games that Reef/Macrae don't seem to deserve.

How is Bytel named and Reef/Richards dropped. FMD.
Maybe just big bodied mid. Not saying he’s earnt his keep. Just maybe the intention to have a bigger body in at centre to bullock and give coverage to Naicos etc.

Harrison and top-up players Long, Sullivan, Bytel and Parker all preferred ahead of Macrae this week. I think he's done at Collingwood.
Harrison and Parker aren’t really competing for the same position.

I don’t think Macrae is done but he’s up against it.

Before his last dropping Macrae got 2 or 3 games in the middle. His problem is that he’s small and can’t win contests.

It’s probably why Long is being given another shot.
And Long is big and dumb by comparison with less ability than Macrae.
I don’t see Long kicking 3 goals in any game like Macrae has done in limited game time every time he gets a game.

Long has already played a full game effectively for the majority of it and looked like a park standard footballer.

We have gone backwards with this type of selection.

I’m just hoping it was a stop gap measure till end of season and we cut him loose because he’s not afl standard period

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harrison and Parker aren’t really competing for the same position.

I don’t think Macrae is done but he’s up against it.
Agree but my point is more that four journeymen top-up players are getting games ahead of a 4th year, former 1st round draft pick.

Last edited:
Maybe just big bodied mid. Not saying he’s earnt his keep. Just maybe the intention to have a bigger body in at centre to bullock and give coverage to Naicos etc.
It’s this.

The Tigers have Hopper and Taranto in the middle who are big bodied and slow.

Have we seen that big body ability in the middle the last two weeks when we've been smashed?

Yea it's like they somehow need to justify to themselves that the bargain bin SSP/MSD strategy is somehow superior to investing in and developing first rounders.

Really disappointed in our current development of young players. You can point to issues with drafting but if entire cohorts don't even get a proper opportunity, blame needs to be placed on the development side also.
Do you want to build a snowman ⛄

I don’t see Long kicking 3 goals in any game like Macrae has done in limited game time every time he gets a game.

Long has already played a full game effectively for the majority of it and looked like a park standard footballer.

I’m just hoping it was a stop gap measure till end of season and we cut him loose because he’s not afl standard period
Half of Long’s game last week was as second ruck because Freddy went down.

I think that they are just giving him another shot and they think he suits the opposition.

Btw, I’m not defending necessarily the clubs decisions but just trying to attempt to explain why I think they have done it.

Completely agree

Long and Sullivan have delist written all over them

Reef and macrae treatment and non selections to me is pretty shabby to be honest by selectors
Should have been given a block of games to see if they can fire up
The in and out strategy kills their confidence ., especially reef .. sub then out then in then sub then out then in then out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back