Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The omission of Richards is hard to understand. Played great immediately from debut, got injured, back for one game and out again.

From the extended bench, I hope its Harrison, DeGoey, Frampton and Hoskin-Elliott who make the 22, with Lipinski as sub (and lucky not to be dropped altogether).
Fly has his favourites... Selection integrity is an issue. Oleg has been extremely poor for weeks. Bytel's disposal is worse than Jason Wilde & shouldn't be picked. Sulli is too slow and provides nothing defensively. Cannot play him and Pendles in the same area. Reef deserves a full game rather than bits here and there. Dean performed better than Frampton when he was subbed 3 weeks ago

Fly has his favourites... Selection integrity is an issue. Oleg has been extremely poor for weeks. Bytel's disposal is worse than Jason Wilde & shouldn't be picked. Sulli is too slow and provides nothing defensively. Cannot play him and Pendles in the same area. Reef deserves a full game rather than bits here and there. Dean performed better than Frampton when he was subbed 3 weeks ago

Most coaches would have favourites (players they have extra trust in).

WHE is one for sure but that is due to his ability to slot into various roles and Fly appears to value that.

I don't think he is.

Agreed. He often looks spent - hands on knees, breathing heavily - and that’s just from playing as a forward who doesn’t roam too far from goal.

He’s no chance of playing midfield at AFL level in such condition. And it’s a big concern that his tank is so bad late in his 4th season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We haven’t had the luxury of giving a block of games to Macrae and Reef. We’ve been playing poorly and losing and did not have the time, nor the inclination for risk, to see if they could ‘fire up’.
but we carry some non performers week after week no matter what..lipinski Markov etc

Might be as simple as we’ve settled on McStay, Elliott, DeGoey, Cox as our key forwards so to speak so McInnes isn’t needed and with Schultz back Richards misses out. Hopefully we aren’t chasing tail as much and get to see more of what Long and Sullivan bring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither is de goey at the minute. Rotate them 50/50 forward/mid.
I’d say it’s likely that’s what we are doing anyways which is why there’s no spot for Richard’s and reef. Degoey is clearly lacking fitness so I’d say we will limit his running by playing more forward. We’ve lost Krueger, and added cox and Shultz, and with Degoey likely getting more forward minutes there’s no spot for reef and Richard’s. Add mccreery next week and even less spots. Long and Sullivan are in due to midfield rotations. Are they ideal? No, but they are all we have. Macrae ain’t it.

It’s that simple but so many are overacting on here as usual. This place is terrible during a few losses

Its unlikely is about the players going out, but more those coming in.
Not sure we can blame the forwards for last week when there was only 37 inside 50s. Can't do much about lack of opportunity. And I'm sure this would be repeated to those players.

Its unlikely is about the players going out, but more those coming in.
Not sure we can blame the forwards for last week when there was only 37 inside 50s. Can't do much about lack of opportunity. And I'm sure this would be repeated to those players.
Exactly. Likely want Cox to be another target down forward. We have Dan back. And Billy. And now Shoota. Don't need another 2 forwards.

Did anyone hear why AJ didn’t play the VFL game? Someone else missed and nothing in the injury report, just curious, not that he was going to play AFL but sometimes players go missing and nothing is said like when T Brown was missing for weeks with no explanation.

Did anyone hear why AJ didn’t play the VFL game? Someone else missed and nothing in the injury report, just curious, not that he was going to play AFL but sometimes players go missing and nothing is said like when T Brown was missing for weeks with no explanation.
I'm assuming he was ill. He wasn't at the main session last week, so they prob named him and gave him until game day to get up. He didn't. But would have been nice if they mentioned that he was a late out and why.

Exactly. Likely want Cox to be another target down forward. We have Dan back. And Billy. And now Shoota. Don't need another 2 forwards.
Yeah, it's just a bit unlucky. But unfortunately that happens. And no doubt they'll be told as much too.

I think Reef isn’t playing as he is viewed strictly as a forward and I can see why. Aside from his poor aerobic capacity, I’ve been struck by his lack of agility which is obviously crucial as a mid. Has the turning circle of a large vehicle.

I’d say it’s likely that’s what we are doing anyways which is why there’s no spot for Richard’s and reef. Degoey is clearly lacking fitness so I’d say we will limit his running by playing more forward. We’ve lost Krueger, and added cox and Shultz, and with Degoey likely getting more forward minutes there’s no spot for reef and Richard’s. Add mccreery next week and even less spots. Long and Sullivan are in due to midfield rotations. Are they ideal? No, but they are all we have. Macrae ain’t it.

It’s that simple but so many are overacting on here as usual. This place is terrible during a few losses
Imagine being in the trenches with some of the whiny sooks on this board?

Just went on the CFC website and saw our selections. Have not yet read any posts here. That is because I want to give my initial, authentic reaction without being influenced by others' opinions. I will then go back and read what others have said in order to compare my judgement with theirs.
WhyTF was Reef dropped???

Yeah, I've seen enough football to know that you can't actually tell how good a player is unless they get sustained runs in the 1sts -- coming in for a game and then getting dropped is useless.

Who else hasn't been good enough:

Brett James
Podsiadly
Paul Seedsman
Matthew Carr
Nathan Lovett-Murray
John Ceglar....

None of them were good enough. Just NOT. GOOD. ENOUGH.

Ceglar was always rated apparently. It wasn't his footy ability or lack thereof that saw him depart.

Reef unlucky. Had a little bit of the ball when he came on and nowhere near the worst.
Thought Richards would be given more time considering his great first couple of games.
Bytel is lucky to be playing, I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's in our best 22.
I don't mind Long, strong body although pretty slow.
Happy Cox is back, we've missed the height and Richmond are his bunnies.

Just maybe, we are missing Mitchell more than we think...

Mitchell in the midfield unlocks virtually every other player who would/could potentially spend time in there. His absence is definitely a big factor in our current ladder position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back