List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
In a Sunday Masters league if i'm lucky 🤭

Look, i'd love to be wrong. I hope we have a 200 game player, who applies manic pressure, kicks bags every other week and can run through the midfield.
Reality is that the Hawks didn't exactly dig their heels in which gives us their view on his likely usefulness going ahead.

What do you see him being? I think best case we get a Josh Hill quality fwd (more pressure, less goals, same amount of kids)
No better than Zac Langdon.

Ryan & Culley coming back will see him out of the team. On top of Burgiel & Hall. He will be forced to fight for his spot in this team soon enough in the wafl. We will re-visit this comment in 4 to 6 weeks on the proviso we don't get a truckload of injuries. Vastly different team when Ryan, Culley, Burgiel, Hall, Hewett & Oscar are all in. Even Archer Reid may get thrown into the team. A 2 metre Peter to kick too would be pretty handy. Let him grow in the AFL. Looks like WAFL team will struggle again. Too manys ins and outs on a weekly basis.

STD's can be pretty nasty Briz. Can effect mental health and performance.:grimacing::straining::drunk:

Have been known to take weeks if not months to get over. Years in fact if the wife or girlfriend finds out as well. Put the house on the market, sell and find somewhere else to live.

Have to wonder about the culture at the Lions TBH. Even the fans seem to be turning into welfare dependents who have become hooked on handouts. Some fans seemed obsessed with how big the welfare cheque will be every year. ;)

I do like the Eagles mini history promo it plays before games detailing the adversity it faced when first entering the comp, quite a long list. But even with the uneven playing field and the decks stacked against them they succedded where no others have before.

Let us know when your lot eventually get there!

This is absurdly smug from a supporter of the worst team in AFL era history.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who should we get in the mid season draft. Do we have space or do we need to move a player to the inactive list. I think we need to go for Ruscoe or a mid in the msd.

Oh Well need a quick fix ....

Free agency is our friend -

Spend money on

T English
L Baker

Draft - pick 1 maybe plus priority picks most likely .

Free access to M Champion

Is Baker a free agent? Didn’t think he was

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That would work for us this year. But will it work for someone with pick 3, 4 or 5?

I see the top 5 being even ATM so we need a Vic bolter to really play well to get the Hawks, Tigers or North super keen. They need to see the value in trading for pick 1.

Tigers have a swag of 2nd and 3rd rounders already before any new player trades or compo. Baker also a factor.
And if someone did separate themselves as a stand out no1 we would be silly to trade then. Catch 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English auditioning for a gig at WCE ..
Yes he played very well. We can use all the talant we can get. I hope we at least get one big fish this year in free agency. He probably doesnt want to come to us now after playing us. At leat we played them early, maybe he will forget how bad we are.

Maybe if mckercher wasn't from tassie we mightve taken that offer?
He's actually just what we need.
Going by today's game we still needs mids. Ones that can get their hands on the ball.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Only problem being he'd be surrounded by trash and would look ordinary playing for us. Harley is doing extremely well considering the awful team he's in.

Baker is a ball butcher and English whilst playing a very good game had a dominant midfield to tap to yet against what is one of if not the very worst side in AFL history had less hitouts than Bailey Williams, his team lost clearances and even with all of that dominance on turnover and around the ground it was even for inside 50's.

I don't want either player at any cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back