List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Smillie, O'Sullivan and Draper mentioned in who WC is looking at in the draft by Twomey

Also said they may look at splitting it, but only for 2 other top picks and not part of the Baker trade
that's good

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah...we're getting pumped with him IN the team...I wouldn't be heartbroken if we got a couple first rounders or something for him while he's 'at the peak of his powers' for now
Correct, being pumped by 60 vs 100 is the same shit in my eyes, I called for us to trade a few of our players like Sheed Gaff Darling etc while they were at their peak and I was shot down for it…. Fast forward a few years and some shocking contracts later and it seems like it would’ve been the right calls..

Some of the clubs decisions/lack of decisions infuriate me when I think about it

Eagles best successful teams always had good , dominant ruck combinations we need to improve the ruck stocks, I think we have some quality in Barnett and Livingstone but further improvement in English would help a lot if Bulldogs don't match .

Eagles best successful teams always had good , dominant ruck combinations we need to improve the ruck stocks, I think we have some quality in Barnett and Livingstone but further improvement in English would help a lot if Bulldogs don't match .
They probably ain’t matching if it’s band 1 and I reckon we ain’t putting in an offer that wouldn’t be band 1.

Charlie Banfield looks good, Wes Walley looks good and Koby Evans is a ridiculous athlete who could be anything. Wonder if they trade Ryan and/or Barrass and get some future picks in....

Hold. The f*ck. Up.

There's a guy names Wes Walley?

I can hear Dwayne Russell salivating from the other side of the continent.

Bailey wouldn't be happy as depth, particularly on the last couple of years' form. This year's form has been poorer, but if he can lift, we would have suitors where he is more needed. If we have English as our main ruck, JWilliams as fwd/ruck, then Flynn as depth and Barnett still developing looks a lot better.
Bailey was trash till like 10 rounds in last season and this year he hasn’t even got to the standards he was at last year. Even then he was competitive at best then. He’ll be seen as depth at any club that enquires about him. He’s got no forward craft and at his best is someone that can nullify the oppo ruck but he hardly does that.

He’s played two game but Barnett has hardly shown he’s quality. If he had a reserves side he’d be playing reserves. Young rucks takw time and thats fine but he also doesn’t the excuse of being a beanpole as he isn’t far off pushing 100kgs

Love Barrass but it's clear for our rebuild trading him is a key.
Not that I'm an advocate of trading Barrass but if that's the strategy, it would have to occur this year.
His trade value will diminish moderately next year and then significantly the year after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, trading Barrass would leave us a little thin down back, but I think the rise of Harry Edwards makes me a lot more willing to see what clubs are prepared to offer.

I don't think we can play all 3 of Gov-Barrass-Edwards in the same side, so the potential for a nice payout makes sense.

Would also be great to see Barrass playing in a finals side again, he's too good a player to languish for the rest of his days.

Gov can hang around long enough for Bazzo to develop etc.

We're so far away from being competitive that when we sneak into 8th in 2031 and get flogged by ten goals in our first final in a decade its going to feel bloody amamazing.
Like Cockburn making their first final v Essendon, getting smashed and getting a standing ovation form the crowd as the players walked off?

That kind of success?

We need to generate extra top end picks and trading Barrass helps with that

However, I think it’s clear he’s just using other teams interest to get a longer extension. He wants an extra two years like the Dogs are offering.

We need to generate extra top end picks and trading Barrass helps with that

However, I think it’s clear he’s just using other teams interest to get a longer extension. He wants an extra two years like the Dogs are offering.
I guess our Dr's know the Tre extent of his issues. Is this information available to the club?

Not that I'm an advocate of trading Barrass but if that's the strategy, it would have to occur this year.
His trade value will diminish moderately next year and then significantly the year after.

Yep highest value is right now.

Yep, thank Barrass for his fine service and send him to a contender. Everyone wins.

Have heard some at WC say 'oh we need experience to teach the young guys'.....how's that going?

Get some quality player's who will be here to help us contend down the line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back