List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

I was in the small boat that wanted English as I believed he would have improved and complimented our midfield but I won't lose sleep over it.

We really do need a better ruckman.
Yup me too....he would've improved our list ..but oh well we move on

But we do need a ruck......lets hope Flynn can have a big preseason and have some impact next year and we continue to develop J williams

bailey is serviceable but he is not a ruck

End of last year Hurn (186cm) played on Larkey(198cm) and beat him comfortably.

Height can definitely be managed with skill, but probably need a McGovern type floating around to chop off leads, no way to stop those when giving up that much height
Hurn's strength through the hips has well in excess of others we have. makes a huge difference.

Would be interested to see how BBW goes in the ruck with an actual pre-season developing as a #1 ruck under his belt.

It's time to stop persisting with the theory that he's going to be a forward who can pinch hit. He's got zero forward craft. It's full time ruck or bust for him IMO.

He also has zero ruck craft…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He also has zero ruck craft…
Because he's been developed as a forward

I'm not saying he's going to become Max Gawn in one off season, but a pre-season developing as a ruck, working purely on his craft, can only be good for his ruck prospects.

If that fails, then yeah, we need to explore other options.

Because he's been developed as a forward

I'm not saying he's going to become Max Gawn in one off season, but a pre-season developing as a ruck, working purely on his craft, can only be good for his ruck prospects.

If that fails, then yeah, we need to explore other options.
I think the "Developed as a forward" is overblown.

I'm sure he did some forward work but he would have been doing 90% ruck work in his development. And if he was genuinely developed as a forward, it didn't work. He sucks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving the reported interest in Peatling. If we can turn Barrass into Travaglia/Lindsay and Peatling, I think that’s a pretty solid outcome for us.

Peatling has looked awesome in place of Cogs and Kelly lately, and would be a great piece of our midfield alongside Yeo, TK, Harley, Hewett and Pick 3.

Get it done Eagles!

Not to mention offering Devon Robertson a 4 year deal.

Say his name and he appears…

Clap GIF

Loving the reported interest in Peatling. If we can turn Barrass into Travaglia/Lindsay and Peatling, I think that’s a pretty solid outcome for us.

Peatling has looked awesome in place of Cogs and Kelly lately, and would be a great piece of our midfield alongside Yeo, TK, Harley, Hewett and Pick 3.

Get it done Eagles!
Delicious, can see it now, midfield loaded next year. First center bounce, Bailey Williams goes up, gets nowhere near it, and the opposition ruck palms it straight down to his midfielder and they burst from the stoppage.

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Did Barrass and McCarthy get drafted interstate to the same club and spend 3 years playing together and win a flag?

No they didn't.
If Rivers wants to go there based on that then he can go there as far as I care.. these are still young men though, their priorities lay where they lay I suppose.

Get Gold Coast involved

WCE
OUT - Barrass, 59
IN - 6, 47

Hawthorn
OUT - 10, F2
IN - Barrass

Gold Coast
OUT - 6, 47
IN - 10, 59, F2

I imagine we would want Hawthorn's F2 more than a low pick upgrade but that's one way of getting a better pick back for Barrass.
I think Gold Coast will be aiming to use pick 6 and hope Lombard slides so they can use points to get him shortly after pick 6.

I think we need some clarification on this pick 3 for Curtin business.

I am pretty sure they were sending us picks back also in what we offered

Was never a straight swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back