List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add to this, this condition is known as avascular necrosis and can lead to chronic pain, loss of function, and even permanent damage if not properly addressed. Recovery from a navicular is often prolonged and the potential for re-injury or long term complications is super high, especially in something as demanding as afl footy. This is why I'm nervous about Hewett's injury and praying it has nothing to do with this.

Id say navicular injuries are the worst injury you can get.
Correct, but until (if) we can see his scans let’s not jump to conclusions. But agree with WCE_phil and seemingly yourself, if we don’t have full access to the imaging then he can’t be considered.

Hewett scenario is very different but still far from ideal.

Last edited:
I’d take it but how do we convince Jack to uproot his life and move to Victoria, any idea if they offering extended years?

Pick 49 would be helpful.

There’s probably not much we can do to convince him, that would be up to Melbourne to outline where they see him fitting in and probably offering him another year

All we can do is let him know we’re intending to prioritise opportunities for younger players like Jack Williams and Archer Reid so he could be spending considerable time in the WAFL

Would be happy to pay some of Darlings salary next year to improve any pick we got for him

There’s probably not much we can do to convince him, that would be up to Melbourne to outline where they see him fitting in and probably offering him another year

All we can do is let him know we’re intending to prioritise opportunities for younger players like Jack Williams and Archer Reid so he could be spending considerable time in the WAFL

Would be happy to pay some of Darlings salary next year to improve any pick we got for him
I agree, the incentive needs to come from Melbourne, not us . He’d be a lock every week with the state of their forward line. Not au fait with Demon’s salary cap situation but as you say even a bump up to the Swan’s 2R (38) would be worth a salary contribution. We could offer to pay the entire salary next year and ask for 38 and 49 in exchange for Darling and 58 and it wouldn’t impact our cap at all.

Heard Melbourne have some interest in Jack Darling so we would be looking at pick 49 for him
I'd do that. We need to turn our list over and its a deep draft
He's been great for our club and it'd only be if he's keen but a pick is a pick

On SM-S921B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Waterman, Allen, Jack Williams, Archer should be the pecking order next year. Maric may slide in there off the wing.

If he has interest elsewhere for a few years, he should take the payday.

For what the club could get as opposed to what he can help provide as injury cover, getting to 300 and most importantly what he can provide at WAFL level to help with development unless someone offers him a couple of years with a trigger for a third I would much prefer to keep him on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a weekend where 40 possession games seemed to become the standard, Lalor's modest 22 touches could get overlooked. He was strong and muscular at the contest all game, standing up in tackles or breaking them with a swivel of his hips.

I can't be the only one aroused after reading this.

Harry O'Farrell was back on the weekend playing Coates league. Must've been swung forward as he kicked 2.4.
He’s had a few game showing a fair bit up forward too. Good return for him. Would be far more keen to get him with a 2R than any kind of play for Trainor in the top 10.

For what the club could get as opposed to what he can help provide as injury cover, getting to 300 and most importantly what he can provide at WAFL level to help with development unless someone offers him a couple of years with a trigger for a third I would much prefer to keep him on the list.
True enough, if the club commits to him starting WAFL next season and only play him in case of emergency.

I thought subbing Williams before him on the weekend was a very poor decision, for instance.

It’s a shame Alex Condon committed to joining the pies would’ve been real handy for us at the moment. At 212cm I’m sure he could win a hit out. Is it too late to try change his mind or is the commitment set in stone and can’t change his preference?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Waterman, Allen, Jack Williams, Archer should be the pecking order next year. Maric may slide in there off the wing.

If he has interest elsewhere for a few years, he should take the payday.
Rotham never had the heart or desire to play it but I wonder if Maric can make it as third tall that go taller or smaller if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back