List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

This guy could be the dark horse to really turn heads next year. Pretty much forgotten about due to missing basically the whole year through injury.
Jamo and Bazzo could be a couple of massive ins next year filling some roles.

On the JD thing, personally I prefer to keep him and test the waters with Bwilliams.

If the past 2 years have told us anything, he isn't a key ruck. He would probably now be 4th + in line as a tall forward and would have more value than Darling in a trade elsewhere.
Having Darling around at least gives some valued experience for the young guys to learn from, particularly when playing with them in the 2's.

Flynn, JWilliams, Jamo could not be any worse than, Bwilliams, Bwilliams, Jwilliams.
No offence but this is crazy delusional. Jamieson being a massive in is ridiculous.

Jamieson despite showing some promise as a KPD has struggled to stay on the park since he arrived at the club so we’ve rarely seen it. Nor has he had the opportunity to properly develop in that role

Given he’d be on a modest contract and is recovering from (I think) knee and/or ankle surgery he’d be a candidate to be delisted and paid out for 2025. That depends on how deep we want to cut and how many of the current uncontracted players we want to retain

I wouldn’t be relying on Jamieson becoming viable KPD depth. If he does then it’d be a welcome bonus

Jamieson despite showing some promise as a KPD has struggled to stay on the park since he arrived at the club so we’ve rarely seen it. Nor has he had the opportunity to properly develop in that role

Given he’d be on a modest contract and is recovering from (I think) knee and/or ankle surgery he’d be a candidate to be delisted and paid out for 2025. That depends on how deep we want to cut and how many of the current uncontracted players we want to retain

I wouldn’t be relying on Jamieson becoming viable KPD depth. If he does then it’d be a welcome bonus
Saw Mr Jamieson at The Morris on Saturday in full moon boot and crutches

I for one think we should keep Darling, rather than trade him for a pick 60+. A break in case of emergency, get him to 300 next year.

We are not North who shunt of a boomer harvey, or Essendon who won't even give Heppell a farewell game.

We should have more than enough list turnover that he's not taking a list spot from a talent youngster.
Darling is the one who wants to play till age 35.He ain't gonna do it at the Eagles so it has to be elsewhere.

Darling to Norf for their R3 pick which is likely to be at 41 and Norf offer him 2 years with a 3rd year trigger. Think of it as a 2 year holiday to explore Victoria.

He would be handy along side Larkey.
And a pick in the 40s would be great for us. There is going to be some kids worth looking at in the third round of this draft. WA players played better than everyone thought. Vic metro and country are stacked. SA and allies there's a few. Then there's all the kids who weren't in the national carnival playing Coates and SANFL and wafl. I know a bunch of kids playing in coates but not higher, who have had multiple meetings with clubs. Recruiters are 'out and about' this year.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back