List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
So he has formed that opinion based on rubbish, you can argue that.

But you can’t tell him his opinion is not his opinion.
You can't tell him his opinion is not his opinion but you can tell him his opinion is wrong. If it's my opinion that the earth is flat, my opinion is wrong. Not all of Miguel Sanchez's examples were ideal ones, but some opinions can be wrong if they don't correlate with fact.

You can't tell him his opinion is not his opinion but you can tell him his opinion is wrong. If it's my opinion that the earth is flat, my opinion is wrong. Not all of Miguel Sanchez's examples were ideal ones, but some opinions can be wrong if they don't correlate with fact.
No you can’t. You can say that opinion has been formed poorly and not based on fact, but you can’t say it’s wrong. It’s his opinion.

Read this morning that Hawk's pick 12 will be enough to get the deal done for Barrass, and then we're trading that on to get Baker from Richmond.

So essentially Barrass for a mediocre 27 year old mid who will be retired by the time the Eagles get near the 8.

And it wasn't even satire.

You'd be happy with this hey twce13 ? Master stroke of list management. 😂
Not sure your source but Ralph in HUN wrote in today’s trade wrap that the general view in AFL experts is that 12 and 27 is about right for Barrass and I tend to agree with that. Ralph then wrote that in his opinion, Eagles should give up 12 for Baker. Ralph was the protagonist that reported numerous times last year that West Coast would 100% split the No 1 pick for local WA talent so his track record is crap

So maybe go and re read the article or get greater sources because you are starting to panic and cast judgement yet you know SFA on the specifics.

That would be valid if

The first time he got a real, extended shot at playing the position he was drafted for, not being stuck behind out two most prolific goalscorers... ever, he didn't perform so well he was a serious Coleman contender for a significant portion of the year (and is still fourth). In a bottom four team.

But he did.

Very happy to see him continue to perform at a high level moving forward…

No you can’t. You can say that opinion has been formed poorly and not based on fact, but you can’t say it’s wrong. It’s his opinion.
If it's my opinion I can flap my arms and fly, can I fly?

If the answer is no, then my opinion was not based on fact and it turns out my opinion was, wait for it, wrong. The idea that everyone's opinion is valid and needs to be respected is absurd. We can acknowledge their opinion and then point out that it's ****ing stupid and factually wrong.

If I disagree with someones opinion based on my own subjective belief, like say which flavour of Smith's chips are the best (salt and vinegar), that's just a clash of opinions. If I tell them they're empirically incorrect based on that, then I'm acting overly argumentative.

If I tell someone that their opinion is wrong based on factual evidence, for instance that no, the Earth isn't flat, then that's facts vs opinion, and I'm completely within my rights to tell them they're wrong. Doesn't mean they have to listen, but that doesn't make their opinion correct.

My opinion is that this opinion discussion is tiresome and boring

I am also of the opinion that I should start applying thread bans for people who want to keep posting their opinion about opinions

And that opinion is a fact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this draft we must address our biggest issues. Ruck and Midfield.
If Hewett can overcome his foot injury and become an AFL midfielder, that would be a huge plus, 50/50 if he’ll ever get over the problem.
We must plan though as if he won’t.
Draft the best mid available with our 1st pick, and be aggressively looking to trade for a ruckman from another club.
If we don’t get a decent ruckman for 2025, it could be Groundhog Day.
I have a bit of faith in Pyke and list management, I’m sure they’ll be doing all in their power to make it happen.
Disappointing that the highly touted Barnett has given us zero to get enthused about.
I think we need 2 more mids a bull and a magnet and skip the ruck this off season. I think we wait a year and throw the kitchen sink at Tom DeKoning next year, .... start sounding him out now and make a hard play at him. If we went hard at a ruck this off season who would we go after that is better that Flynn? not much on offer at the moment via trade or draft. Rucks take time, Barnett was only drafted in 2022 and is starting to show a bit more output in the second half of this season. We should start seeing what he is touted for mid to late next season . Us punters are notoriously impatient with rucks.

Pick 12 for Liam Baker and the rights to microwave memberships due to dumb decisions and its a deal.
We might not get it, but we should ask for the right to dump chicken poop out the front of the club as well.

I think need 2 more mids a bull and a magnet and skip the ruck this off season. I think we wait a year and throw the kitchen sink at Tom DeKoning next year, .... start sounding him out now and make a hard play at him. If we went hard at a ruck this off season who would we go after that is better that Flynn? not much on offer at the moment via trade or draft. Rucks take time, Barnett was only drafted in 2022 and is starting to show a bit more output in the second half of this season. We should start seeing what he is touted for mid to late next season . Us punters are notoriously impatient with rucks.
Next to no chance of TDK. His family are always in the rooms and would have plenty of suitors in Vic and paying big cash as well.

Barnett looks more suited to CHB imo.

Reidy in the one this year but sounds like he is happy to stay at Freo on a 1 year deal. Would need to get in his ear asap.

AFL ruck back ups ain’t setting the world on fire atm. Options for us look pretty empty imo. I think we may have to go a state league ruck and hope Flynn comes good. Just his numbers he had at GWS would do.

Not sure your source but Ralph in HUN wrote in today’s trade wrap that the general view in AFL experts is that 12 and 27 is about right for Barrass and I tend to agree with that. Ralph then wrote that in his opinion, Eagles should give up 12 for Baker. Ralph was the protagonist that reported numerous times last year that West Coast would 100% split the No 1 pick for local WA talent so his track record is crap

So maybe go and re read the article or get greater sources because you are starting to panic and cast judgement yet you know SFA on the specifics.
Maybe he just typed 27 wrong?

I could sort of live with 27 for Baker. 12 would be burn the club down level.

Ralphy said it on MWT last night.

Hase responded on SEN WA today with Eagles 2nd Rd pick should be enough for an OOC player like Baker.

Goss said what most can see and he would bring a lot the Eagles need

Ralphy said it on MWT last night.

Hase responded on SEN WA today with Eagles 2nd Rd pick should be enough for an OOC player like Baker.

Goss said what most can see and he would bring a lot the Eagles need
You can take the boy out of Richmond, but you can't take Richmond out of the boy

My opinion is that this opinion discussion is tiresome and boring

I am also of the opinion that I should start applying thread bans for people who want to keep posting their opinion about opinions

And that opinion is a fact
Thank f**k - my head hurts reading this drivel. Complete waste of cyber-ink.

Maybe he just typed 27 wrong?

I could sort of live with 27 for Baker. 12 would be burn the club down level.

23 or 27 or F2.

All are about right (I mean we should still be pushing for 12 + F1 from Hawks, but that’s unlikely. I think I prefer 27 in a deep draft to F1 for F2 swap next year as that is likely what they will ask for).

Baker would improve our side, puts in every week, and can play almost any segment of the ground. He’s no star, but no slouch either. Graham + Baker for say 23 + cap space is good business.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

12 for Baker doesn't make any sense. Assuming Richmond are targeting the low- first round value that has been reported, we'd be looking at pick 54 coming across with Baker, which is walk away from the table stuff.

I'd rather give them 23 + F2 for Baker + F3 and let them figure out how to get a first rounder themselves.

12 for Baker doesn't make any sense. Assuming Richmond are targeting the low- first round value that has been reported, we'd be looking at pick 54 coming across with Baker, which is walk away from the table stuff.

I'd rather give them 23 + F2 for Baker + F3 and let them figure out how to get a first rounder themselves.
Both teams will have nearly 6 weeks to have it sorted so it’s a day one trade. Along with the TB, get them done and move on to the other targets if that’s picks or players. But let’s be honest it won’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back