List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:

Would be a great fit from his form this year. Right age bracket.

I know we have the Draft mafia here but also get some of these blokes in would help to turn things around without giving up top 20 picks.

Baker
Peatling
Garcia

All play with heart and smash in.

Add Blight to that list. Dropped by Richmond this week, with TB leaving getting him in would be good business.

Add Blight to that list. Dropped by Richmond this week, with TB leaving getting him in would be good business.
Someone said they had some mail we were trying to get him across as he only did a 6month contract. Can’t see it unless he has a good reason to get home. Would be very nice

Why does Baker get a say?

If he wants to play for WCE, and Richmond are content with what’s offered by way of trade, isn’t that enough?

Why would he say it?

What if Richmond aren't content with an early 2nd?

We offer an early 2nd and Baker feels that's fair. If Richmond don't accept the "fair offer" according to their own player then what?

Baker saying what he did IMO helps the Eagles negotiations. And if Richmond doesn't accept then.........?

They risk getting nothing.

It's all posturing and part of the trade game.

Next to no chance of TDK. His family are always in the rooms and would have plenty of suitors in Vic and paying big cash as well.

Barnett looks more suited to CHB imo.

Reidy in the one this year but sounds like he is happy to stay at Freo on a 1 year deal. Would need to get in his ear asap.

AFL ruck back ups ain’t setting the world on fire atm. Options for us look pretty empty imo. I think we may have to go a state league ruck and hope Flynn comes good. Just his numbers he had at GWS would do.
Bugger all good ruck trade options at the moment , but it could't hurt to have a go at TDK, we prepared a big package for English and something close to that might tempt him.

Bugger all good ruck trade options at the moment , but it could't hurt to have a go at TDK, we prepared a big package for English and something close to that might tempt him.
Knobel who is OOC at Freo or Reeves included in the Barrass deal are probably the most realistic. Wouldn’t want Reeves to mean we lose a second pick though, would rather contribute to TB salary if they are getting Battle and/or Perryman.

Flynn could yet prove to be a master signing. He had a freak injury, and subsequently had no pre season, so he looked miles off the pace when he did play, but there were a few signs there.
Considering English didn't eventuate (good!), we got him for literal nothing and there's SFA out there this year.

Bailey in the WAFL unless Flynn is injured isn't the worst result.

Flynn could yet prove to be a master signing. He had a freak injury, and subsequently had no pre season, so he looked miles off the pace when he did play, but there were a few signs there.
Considering English didn't eventuate (good!), we got him for literal nothing and there's SFA out there this year.

Bailey in the WAFL unless Flynn is injured isn't the worst result.
I'm more curious to see if he's able to have a hand in bringing Peatling across from GWS, being from NSW himself.

Knobel who is OOC at Freo or Reeves included in the Barrass deal are probably the most realistic. Wouldn’t want Reeves to mean we lose a second pick though, would rather contribute to TB salary if they are getting Battle and/or Perryman.

How did Reidy go last week for Freo?

If you were to go after one of Freo’s surplus rucks, would you rather Knobel or Reidy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Reidy go last week for Freo?

If you were to go after one of Freo’s surplus rucks, would you rather Knobel or Reidy?
Gee that’s tough. Luckily I don’t think we’ll be in a position where we have to choose.

Knobel by the smallest of margins, great tap ruck, huge upside and I think Flynn will be able to do a job for two years when fit.

I’d happily take either though and would understand if the club preferred Reidy. Would also mean BWilliams will look to leave or be encouraged to look for opportunities, which may net us a pick in the late 30s/early 40s.

Gee that’s tough. Luckily I don’t think we’ll be in a position where we have to choose.

Knobel by the smallest of margins, great tap ruck, huge upside and I think Flynn will be able to do a job for two years when fit.

I’d happily take either though and would understand if the club preferred Reidy. Would also mean BWilliams will look to leave or be encouraged to look for opportunities, which may net us a pick in the late 30s/early 40s.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised at knobel being delisted, not because he's ass but freo have a massive draft hand and minimal spots. Knobel being raw and 4th ruck in waiting at freo we could get very lucky

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at knobel being delisted, not because he's ass but freo have a massive draft hand and minimal spots. Knobel being raw and 4th ruck in waiting at freo we could get very lucky

That’d be the best result, could sign him up as a DFA.

Why does Baker get a say?

If he wants to play for WCE, and Richmond are content with what’s offered by way of trade, isn’t that enough?

Why would he say it?

We offer an early 2nd and Baker feels that's fair. If Richmond don't accept the "fair offer" according to their own player then what?

Baker saying what he did IMO helps the Eagles negotiations. And if Richmond doesn't accept then.........?

I've said this before but if Baker is so concerned about Richmond then he should stay there.

An early 2nd would be a very positive result for us.

Richmond want more as they should. They want a mid to late 1st.

If Baker is suggesting an early 2nd is fair that is to the Eagles benefit. The club he wants to play for.

It certainly is not for Richmond's benefit.

Why would he say it?

Yeah, so you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back