List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 57 19.0%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 86 28.7%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 34 11.3%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 46 15.3%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • Sam Lalor

Votes: 9 3.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick links:
Player contract status
Draft prospect video highlights (thanks to noobermensch)
AFL retirements and delistings

Latest news and rumours:

Last edited by a moderator:
Peatling would be a walk up starter in our midfield next year for sure, would free up Kelly a bit to play off HFF and allows Hewett/Reid to rotate in and out of the midfield and forward with Kelly. Can take Duggan out of there and move him back to the wing or to half back where he and Gov can be our 2 defensive leaders

Hes a strong defensive mid who tackles a lot and a perfect age. Absolutely ideal target hes priority #1 for me

I still have hope for Flynn for no other good reason than the fact Redden and Jetta had disappointing first seasons with us then bounced back.

I'm gonna give Flynn the benefit of the doubt in whatever games he played this year because he had so much time off, though his durability is a pretty big concern. In his four seasons he's played 12, 12, 9 and this year 4 games. That ain't good if you're relying on him to be number 1 ruck.

Here's hoping Reid or Barnett take a massive leap over the pre season.

Peatling would be a walk up starter in our midfield next year for sure, would free up Kelly a bit to play off HFF and allows Hewett/Reid to rotate in and out of the midfield and forward with Kelly. Can take Duggan out of there and move him back to the wing or to half back where he and Gov can be our 2 defensive leaders

Hes a strong defensive mid who tackles a lot and a perfect age. Absolutely ideal target hes priority #1 for me
What would he cost though?

I really hope that Liam Baker chooses Freo or to stay put. Save us Liam

Baker would comfortably be best 22 for us but I do worry about the cost. Think this might work though:

WCE
In: Baker, 12,29,41
Out: Barrass, 23

Richmond
In: F1
Out: Baker,41

Hawthorn
In: Barrass, 23
Out: 12,29,F1

Would give us 3,12,29,41,59 to take to the draft instead of 3,23,59 whilst swapping out Barrass for Baker

Should have a look at Jack Avery in the off season haven’t watched him this year but his stats look good coming off an injury for half the year. Went to school with him always reminded me of James Sicily

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most blokes who go late in the draft or MSD might feel like they owe a club.
If we offer a better contract and a way home to his missus surely that overrides anything he might feel he owes Richmond. He might just not like Melbourne too.
Richmond with Gibcus, Balta and Broad clearly going to be ahead of him along with Young and Miller on their list might not be as attractive a club to try to build a career as West Coast

Depending if we want to run 2 or 3 tall defenders he could be next up if HEdwards or Gov get an injury, and a clear upgrade for our WAFL team. He could be ahead of Bazzo if we need a lockdown full back type and Harry was out

If we offer a better contract and a way home to his missus surely that overrides anything he might feel he owes Richmond. He might just not like Melbourne too.
Richmond with Gibcus, Balta and Broad clearly going to be ahead of him along with Young and Miller on their list might not be as attractive a club to try to build a career as West Coast

Depending if we want to run 2 or 3 tall defenders he could be next up if HEdwards or Gov get an injury, and a clear upgrade for our WAFL team. He could be ahead of Bazzo if we need a lockdown full back type and Harry was out
All possible. Time will tell

Listening to todays episode of Back Chat at the moment and at around 30 minutes Hammer, Dan and Schoey were talking about Freo have to choose between Bolton and Warner and Schofield in like in a serious tone says Warner will be at West Coast at some point, he'll come home and will be at the Eagles...I know he's a cynically dry joker most of the time but he actually looked and sounded serious around it..so just a little something to think about.

One of their posters put it best. WB pick (13) for Rioli then also pick 20 for his salary if they wish.
If i was them I’d trade pick 5 for future picks and then start the negotiations with the Tigers.

Getting a bit sick of reading everywhere how the Tigers are going to have picks 1,5,9,10,13,17…………

It’s like all there players come with a 40% surcharge

If i was them I’d trade pick 5 for future picks and then start the negotiations with the Tigers.

Getting a bit sick of reading everywhere how the Tigers are going to have picks 1,5,9,10,13,17…………

It’s like all there players come with a 40% surcharge
Some of the Tigers valuations on all three of Rioli, Baker and Bolton are absurd. 40% is an understatement.

WCE_phil mentioned a trade that leaves us with pick 5 and Richmond unable to request it but 100% agree if I was GCS I’d be after our, Tigers or North F1 with that pick.

One of their posters put it best. WB pick (13) for Rioli then also pick 20 for his salary if they wish.
Media are saying if GC trade Lukosius it won’t be a salary dump? and will want a fair trade.

So if they do trade him not sure they will need to over pay for Rioli and his salary to be paid. They might want to move some of those picks into next year as they will likely have the number 1 pick in their academy and maybe another likely going first round

Media are saying if GC trade Lukosius it won’t be a salary dump? and will want a fair trade.

So if they do trade him not sure they will need to over pay for Rioli and his salary to be paid. They might want to move some of those picks into next year as they will likely have the number 1 pick in their academy and maybe another likely going first round
Yep my understanding is that their cap is ok. If they get Luko off the books then they can probably pay all of Rioli’s salary.

Pick 20 would be purely optional for the Suns. I hope they value their picks appropriately and don’t cave to ridiculous demands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back