List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

Let’s just wait and see til the end of trade period before we burn the club down. We needed mature heads around our group to set better standards with a lot of our older guys a year or two away from retirements. I don’t love this move but it’s a fair overreaction to say this has cost us our next premiership. We will be bottom 4 again next year and still have a strong draft hand again in 12 months. We still have plenty of young talent on our list.
Clubs have been frothing over this draft all year and the dumb****s in charge have all but traded OUT of it.

Seriously, this club is run by ****heads.

Let’s just wait and see til the end of trade period before we burn the club down. We needed mature heads around our group to set better standards with a lot of our older guys a year or two away from retirements. I don’t love this mood but it’s a fair overreaction to say this has cost us a premiership. We will be bottom 4 again next year and still have a strong draft hand.
We have just wasted the last three years playing "mature players" while being at the bottom of the ladder. Too bad they didnt lead by example, and were bat**** lazy.

I agree with the premise of having veterans around to set an example, but we are in more dire need of top young talent than barely-AFL level players such as Graham and Owies

No, done.

The club was in superior positions for negotiations with each of Hawthorn (Barrass contracted), Richmond (Baker PSD) and Carlton (Pick 3) - and yet we ended up with this aborted foetus of a trade.

It's a result that flies in the face of any kind of competence.

Like many I'm probably going to feel silly in a few days for the sheer magnitude of my reaction but right now it's membership-cancelling, give up on this broken sport with its broken rules level bad.

Don’t get me wrong I hate the trade as much as anyone

But I wonder if part of our thinking was that if we proved to Hawthorn we could get the Baker deal done without them, it would increase our negotiating power there?

It’s a low percentage play
Ya the 'madman' theory of negotiation.

Look how ****ing stupid we are? Do you really think we won't hold Barrass and get nothing in return?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Baker now under pressure for the rest of the career to be better than the player we would've drafted at pick 3.
We paid a big price just to get him through the door.
I hope he understands the magnitude of the responsibility that he has to bear

Jacob Brennan has a lot to answer for.

Feel like Clarke, Graham, Baker and McQualter will be catching up for coffee weekly counting their buckets of cash and laughing at all this after putting in tge minimal amount of effort each match.

All in sunny WA on the Eagles dime.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back