List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Ongoing discussions:

• List Manager Matt Clarke appeared on Sept 11 Gettable - Click spoiler below for summary
    On the draft: "We predicted that the draft was strong, but it's probably gotten stronger during the year."

On top end of draft: "You could probably make five or six different choices and get it right."

On Pick 3: "I reckon there's five (players) around that mark."

On splitting: "I think you want to hold an early selection if you can. The depth of this group allows you to maybe have some movement there, and see what you can do to bring in more talent in the first 20-25 picks. Easier said than done, and I think most clubs would be saying the same thing. We'll see what we can do."

On Liam Baker: "He's still yet to make a decision. They're still weighing up a few things. We'd love to get Liam on board from what he offers from a talent and leadership point of view. We understand where we're at as a group, we're rebuilding our group, we need to add some guys in the middle tier to support our young group."

On Jack Graham: "We've got a number of players that we're speaking to. A bit of a wait and see on that one as well. We'll talk to a number of guys."

On Shai Bolton: "I think it will be difficult for anybody, really. He's heavily contracted and a high quality player."

On James Peatling: "He's heavily involved in a finals series at the moment so I don't want to comment too much on it, but I think there's a number of guys that have been playing really good footy this year that could suit what we do and what other clubs do. He's taken his footy to another level this year."

On Tom Barrass: "We've had an early discussion with Hawthorn about it, they understand where we're at. He's nominated Hawthorn as his ideal destination. We want what we think he's worth, as a genuine key back in the competition that can do what he can do. We're obviously mindful of getting an appropriate deal for West Coast."

On Tom Clurey: "Maybe (note: sounded very non enthused). We'd probably need some key back depth, whether that's through the draft or trade and free agency."

On Jack Darling: "We've had initial discussions with his management group about (moving). We're open to talking, as we are with all of our players, but Jack's contracted with us."

On Liam Ryan: "I expect him to be at West Coast next year, yes." (The most definitive answer of the day by a mile, a non-starter of a talking point.)

On out of contact players e.g. Rotham, Witherden, Jones: "We're still working through what it looks like from a list point of view, and how many selections we'll want to have, and players that may come in and potentially may go out. You might want to give a coach an opportunity to look at these guys."

On Harley Reid: "We've had discussions most of the year with his management group. I think it sits in a really good place. We're open to doing really whatever they want to do to be honest. We're really confident in building the right system around Harley, on and off field, to make sure that he's really comfortable, that he's going to play his best footy, and his long term future."

On Jake Waterman's new deal: "Yep, really close. We're working really closely with his management on that. I expect that we'll have something done pretty soon."

On Oscar Allen: "We've been talking with Oscar and his manager most of the year on that one. We're going through some stuff at the moment. I think we'll be ok with that one."

Past rumoured targets:

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of you guys need to chill.

This trade between Carlton and Hawthorn is good for everyone.

Eagles want a 1st and 2nd and hawks don't want to pay that. They want to keep a 2nd next year.

Mackenzie has cleverly unlocked an extra 2nd so now we can satisfy Clark with a 1st and 2nd while keeping a 2nd next year

The only difference is that the Eagles get a F1 instead of 14. But that strengthens the possibility of getting Warner next year anyway.

Everyone wins here.

Cheers for the intrusion, and thanks for wasting all of our time with this rubbish.

This is a terrible deal for us - go and take your current picks, figure out a way to get us something good in this year’s draft, or we will happily keep Tom.

The entitlement of a club who’s chasing a contracted player is astounding.

Does the value have to do by how highly he rates himself then?
There are only 2 WA teams, so the fact he nominated the team with less draft capital restricts the compensation that he can yield for his beloved Tigers. So it's on him, it's not up to us to manufacture a draft pick that he thinks he is worth.

Judd is a different story, there were no mixed opinions of what he was worth.
He doesn't even have to rate himself to know that any team gaining him needs to pay a high price, and that him leaving would have a big impact on his former club.
Can't say the same thing about Baker...
The only difference is that Carlton were chasing Judd. Baker is chasing us. That changes the dynamic. It doesn't change the idea that Baker doesn't want to screw Richmond through the PSD, which I can understand. It would suit us absolutely.

Oh not us, I meant Hawks given they’ve exited the first round of this draft.

Would be the same us as with Kelly. They took Watson last year so would be fine for the next 2 drafts at least.

That's a very big difference and if it becomes F1+F2 then I'm not sure it'll get it done.

No extra picks in this years draft isn't very appealing.

The Hawks win here because its a worse offer than the one we've already rejected.

Not exactly. We rejected handing back a F3. If the deal is now F1 and F2 they won't be asking for F3 with TB but in my opinion that probably stacks up as about as appealing as 14 for TB with the swapping of future picks anyway.

People need to really stop tuning into the trade radio shit :radio::toilet:

Bunch of campaigners we don't like, in a circle jerk of Vic bias crap.

Don't give them the viewership, vote with your ears and hopefully trade radio dies and they shorten trade week to an actual 5 days instead of the total joke that it is now.

We say this shit every year yet you fools still tune in. Sack up. Find your testicles and remember you no longer live in grandma's basement, you're adults.
This campaigner gets it.👆
Baffles me why anyone would switch that abysmal shit on. I listened to 20 minutes of it about 4 years ago and put my foot through the dash. Never again.
Fkukwits all of them.

This campaigner gets it.👆
Baffles me why anyone would switch that abysmal shit on. I listened to 20 minutes of it about 4 years ago and put my foot through the dash. Never again.
Fkukwits all of them.
I actually liked it when David Noble was on with SOS, after Noble got fired from the North job.

He actually explained sh!t in detail and explained all the rules to do with draft and trading.

Made SOS appear stupid for the first two days. Then SOS actually started to demonstrate he knew the rules as well, and could get in to technical explanations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE OUT: Barrass, F2
WCE IN: 6, 41

HAW OUT: F1 (CARL), F1 (HAW)
HAW IN: F2 (WCE)

RICH OUT: Rioli
RICH IN: F1 (CARL), F1 (HAW)

GCS OUT: 6, 41
GCS IN: Rioli
I assume you meant to include barrass to hawks ins, which would have them making out like bandits. Also Richmond are liable to spit the dummy and shut the deal down before they involve themselves in a mega deal that gets us pick 6 while they get 2 late future firsts, given they were already under the assumption they'd have their way with Gold coast and get 6 and 13 for rioli

We're not, those of us who are growing dumber by the hour by keeping up with this thread have seen others making the same mistake a couple of times by assuming we already have 14 before trading Barrass out. I'm just being my normal clown self and carrying on with it.
Ahhh Bender! ..your tolerance levels are under stress! A steady stream of stupidity will do that to you!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back