List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
There has to be more elements to this.

Blues trading up to pick 3 and taking a kid doesn't make much sense to me. They need points to match the Camp twins and at the moment have virtually none bar the picks they look like giving the Eagles, 12 & 14. They also have almost no points from next years draft they can trade forward to secure Cody Walker in 2026, and they will almost certainly need to, unless they plan to trade out a valuable player to cover that.

It was reported late today Port just pulled out of the Houston to Collingwood deal, involving Suns, Lukosius and so forth.

Blues are surely angling to end up with Houston, a 2025 rd 1 pick and some points to match the Camp twins.

Eagles will surely want in return for pick 3 - Baker, pick 12(or 14?) and something else, maybe a pick in the 20's, which would seem a more realistic return.

Richmond might go for pick 12 in return for Baker and the pick currently at 24. Tigers may want a bit more back their way.

I am guessing either or both of Port and Suns are going to be involved here.

I wouldn't panic until you see the final wash-up. Matt Clarke is not an idiot.
Blues are trading up for pick 3. Theyre not trading up for Houston.
Idk how they get their points, I suspect theyll trade out Kennedy or something to get something to use to match bids

If Carlton are to get pick 3, 12+14+Owies cant be it, thats not enough. But they have no other picks. The tweets from Twomey and Rhino didnt mention any other players being involved, only picks.
Doesnt match up

Jokes and fake melts aside he's not terrible, and I concur - I just don't see the point in recruiting him. It's baffling.

Feel similarly - it's easy to look at his goals tally and general vibe and think we're getting a 5 years younger Jamie Cripps (which wouldn't be a massive need for us but whatever).

Problem is watching him live he doesn't really do anything other than the 1-2 goals a game. He isn't much of a linkup or posession forward (has never averaged double digit disposals in a season, Cripps on the wane averaged 14.3 this year.) Not a massive forward pressure operator, averages over a tackle less than Cripps across both career average and 2024 average.

Not mega quick, not a marking point of difference like an L.McCarthy. Not a leader or successful player like Graham. Visually watching him he's not someone who makes his teammates better (which is why Carlton aren't resigning him). If we were top 8, sure, sometimes you just need to buy yourself goals, but not a need for us any way you look at it. Wouldn't take him for free.

Blues are trading up for pick 3. Theyre not trading up for Houston.
Idk how they get their points, I suspect theyll trade out Kennedy or something to get something to use to match bids

Nobody seems to want the players the Blues want to trade out.

If the deal is just what has been revealed so far it wouldn't seem to make sense for Carlton or the Eagles. So there will definitely be more to it.

Feel similarly - it's easy to look at his goals tally and general vibe and think we're getting a 5 years younger Jamie Cripps (which wouldn't be a massive need for us but whatever).

Problem is watching him live he doesn't really do anything other than the 1-2 goals a game. He isn't much of a linkup or posession forward (has never averaged double digit disposals in a season, Cripps on the wane averaged 14.3 this year.) Not a massive forward pressure operator, averages over a tackle less than Cripps across both career average and 2024 average.

Not mega quick, not a marking point of difference like an L.McCarthy. Not a leader or successful player like Graham. Visually watching him he's not someone who makes his teammates better (which is why Carlton aren't resigning him). If we were top 8, sure, sometimes you just need to buy yourself goals, but not a need for us any way you look at it. Wouldn't take him for free.

There will be no way the Eagles will be yielding any substantial value for Owies, he will just be steak knives. He is only worth a pick in the 50's at best.

We need top 10 top, top 5 picks to get the those game changing mids, we haven't had one in 10 years.

And now we've only chosen 1 in 13 years.

Can't wait for Baker the lightweight midget to be the enforcer

**********. ******

the-newsroom-speech.jpg

First step in solving a problem, is realising there is one.
West Coast is not a powerhouse organisation anymore.

I’ve played along tonight but I’ve a strong feeling we are going to end up with pick 6 anyway with the Rioli trade reportedly nearly being done. I think that happens first and then at least three clubs get fancy with it

No it’s no good, I’ve gone full Arnold Toht.

The Ark has been opened, I’ve stared straight inside.

Good night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes based on everything else so far that is still ****ing atrocious

No sure about that.

Keep pick 3 you get a gun mid.

or if I am right, trade it out you might get Baker, B Allan and a very good(possibly Oscar Allen level) key position prospect in the 20's.

I don't think it is cut and dried, but I really don't believe Eagles would be giving up pick 3 for Baker and Bo Allan and nothing else of any real value.

Club that has been successful for 10+ years is walking smith to the PSD.

Crows get the midfielder we wanted for a F2

We’re going to give up 3 for a 27 year old who’s best attribute is his leadership and a mid 1R.

It feels like we’re trying to be as unsuccessful as possible to the point we have to hand over our licence back to the AFL.

We came out and said we were in this hole because we couldn’t build an elit midfield because we had to take best available at mid teens picks. Now, we have that opportunity and we’re trading out, for… mid round picks.

This might be the one that breaks the camels back, going to be hard for any internals fronting up in here if these goes through.

Well Carltons 2 picks would be ball park for pick 6, so if we assume its 12+14 for 6
Then how does Carlton get from 6 to 3?
Owies worth nothing. Kennedy? Carroll?

West Coast do 3+f2 for 6+Baker
Carl send Carroll to wce for wcef3

Kennedy is worth pick 30ish?
12+14 equal to 6 roughly?

Carlton send 12+14+Kennedy+wcef3 for pick 3 from Richmond?
Rough equivalent value is 6+30+f3 for 3

Eagles - Split 3 and some future picks for 6+baker+depth players. We should get future picks from Barrass to replace what we spend here
In: 6+Baker+Carroll+Owies
Out: 3+f2+f3

Carlton - Get 3 for everything
In: 3
Out: 12+14+Kennedy+Carroll+Owies

Richmond - Get a big body utility/mid, and an extra 1st rounder to diversify their kids in the deep draft.
In: 12+14+Kennedy+wcef2+wcef3
Out: 6+Baker

We take 6+26+Champion in the draft(unless we buy in again with Barrass picks). Add Graham, Baker, Owies and Carroll as depth. Lets us keep Burgiel or Culley, or buy another pick with something from the Barrass deal instead.

Is this roughly even for all parties?

Who says no?

Last edited:
No sure about that.

Keep pick 3 you get a gun mid.

or if I am right, trade it out you might get Baker, B Allan and a very good(possibly Oscar Allen level) key position prospect in the 20's.

I don't think it is cut and dried, but I really don't believe Eagles would be giving up pick 3 for Baker and Bo Allan and nothing else of any real value.
Should have checked your club supported before, any richmond fan that thinks baker is worth more than a second rounder is delusional

Why, because Richmond and GC has potential picks 6, 13 +++ first rounders.

WCE being notoriously closed shop on feeding media, its easy to put something up within inner team and see what is reported by whom....
Deliberately feeding Rhino lack of details or he's run with a source otherwise....

The whole deal just doesn't stack up..... Feels like we're playing the media game while sucking back a Cuban cigar and an 18yo Laphroaig at the Sofitel Melbourne lobby...

I'm tending to agree with this premise - the proposed trade just seems so far off the mark to be legitimate...

However, for those reasons, it would be easy to identify if it was a red herring that was fed for the sake of finding leaks.

Still get the feeling that the D.Rioli deal gets done first before we see any genuine movement here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back