List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Whose future picks would you have preferred?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Trade period
In:
12, F1, F2, F3, 73, Baker, Owies, Graham*
Out: 3, 63, F4, Barrass, Darling

*Free agent

Done deals

• Jai Culley, Alex Witherden and Coby Burgiel delisted

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:

You can just see it.. not only have we blown up the draft hand for no reason over two blokes we could have gotten for no currency used at all we are going to still have the potatoes like Culley, Rotham. Barnett, witho, Petch sitting on the list spudding it up because no one will kill them off.

Gossage thinks it’s a good move because we might win a couple of extra games to keep Reid… surely we don’t list manage around one guy now.

Same Edmond and the corn are correct

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gossage is a shill for the board of directors. Take his opinion with a grain of salt

Why do you think he knew of Simmos sacking before anyone else?

You don't build with 18year olds only. We already have 20 kids under 21/22. Some of them questionable as to whether they are AFL standard. We will bring in another 4kids this draft and 3-4 next yr. Soon we will be 26 players under 23

And then we have a bunch of 30 year olds with questionable durability.

Baker owes Graham all 26/27 offer a buffer for 3 yrs while the kids develop.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree but you don’t give up a top 3 pick to get these uncontracted aging players in the door.

Yes you need older mature heads etc but you can get them for a lot less than we paid.

I don’t often melt but

How long is Clarke contracted for? We are set for a decade of eating 💩 by the looks it. An 8yr old would have had a better plan than this.

I don’t care if we win trade week or not but 3 for 12 & 14 is horrendous , incompetent and actually just bewildering as I’m still trying to actually believe it’s happening.

We are in a rebuild and the most important, number one rule of a rebuild is you go to the draft. Yet we trade out of pick 3 for a pick outside the top 10. Genius stuff.

Pick 14 Campbell Chesser
Pick 13 Jarrod Brander
Pick 13 Daniel Venables
Pick 11 Liam Duggan
Pick 11 Dom Sheed

In all honesty if I saw Liam Baker walk past me, im going to boo him and tell him to piss off back to Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the hell are we giving up 2 late picks and getting another back?
WTF is this crap?
This could be the all time worst trade.
Please pull out while we can...
This can't be happening.
GIF by Portlandia

I'm going to throw up.

Finish 3rd last and get no top level talent through the door - instead recruiting two uncontracted midget flankers.

Compeltely cooked the rebuild - we are going to be the new Norf for a long time now.

1728945874487.png

(But memes aside, it's a rubbish trade for West Coast and y'all are right to feel annoyed).

The writing was on the wall when it was reported we spent the weekend working on ways to get Baker without trading Barrass.

They had literally months to work on different scenarios, talk to different teams and put contingencies in place. Nothing should have been a surprise. That’s what capable people and teams do. They prepare and cross all the t’s and dot all the i’s.

Absolute amateur hour.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Back