List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Great take.
I’m hoping we get 2xF1 for TB and trade one back in (Sydney?) for another throw at the stumps this year.

At worst, we’re replacing our bottom 3 players with quality senior players. Even if they aren’t in our next premiership team, they’re going to play a role to develop the kids coming through.

We fkd this entire trade period, but it will be okay… I hope.

What does a rough 'best 23' look like on paper with these inclusions?

I'd assume it looks stronger than this season, however I can understand the frustration from supporters with not taking an elite level talent in the top 3.

I hate you guys even more now for giving Carlton out of all clubs a top3 pick.....go to hell eagles
One Of Us GIF

What a start to Clarkes tenure. Had 12 months to plan an attack on this draft/trade period and he produces this.
I'm in shock tbh.

Dropped the ball on the Barrass trade.
Overpaid for Baker
Terrible pick swap
Gave away our late picks for the Champion bid

Whats next Dev for a F2?
Trade Barrass for a pick on traded to Swans for pick 19?
Trade our F1 for GC pick 13?

Absolute shambles

Couldn't care less if they are interested. They are badly interested in Bolton and Richmond want pick 10&11 for him. They might even want more then that.

You don't get gun players for free. Freo will have no choice but to give up there top draft picks. And we would of said to Richmond Allen is ours at pick 12 so they won't touch him.
Be serious.
Freo aren't giving 3 picks for Bolton.

Okay looking forward to how our side may look in 2025, we obviously have a heap of small/mid forwards.

Assuming we play Oscar, Waterman and JWilliams as a backup ruck/3rd forrward.

That leaves, Ryan, Brockman, Long, Cripps, Owies, Dewar, Hutchison, Hewett, Baker, Rawlinson all competing for those last spots in the forward line + other roles.

Who do we think can move into other roled from that crop?

Personally, I think Hutch showed he could be an option as an inside, ball winning mid. Baker and Hewett will also spend time, mid/forward.

Dewar is the other one, that I think should be trained as a wing/half back. His skill level is elite and could potentially fill the role, that Lewis Jetta left in 2020.
Hutchinson & Long to midfield, Maric to wing, Brockman & Ryan to spend significant time in the midfield.

It like our draft team looked at our list and felt we had a gap in 26+ year olds which we did. And decided to check some checkboxes like KPI

But then decided to sell the farm to get these 26+ year old. But they miss this minor astrix where it says those 26+ year olds need to be good and they age fast

We are all in on the Warner train for next year it seems. Plus with the new matching rules, we are trying to set ourselves up next year if Banfield and Co have blinder top age years.

Remember we will be able.to utilise 2 years of picks in the Warner trade. In my opinion. He won't cost as much next year compared to this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker and Graham (and maybe Dev) will help Harley actually get through full games better.

Could free him up to be more attacking.

#thinkingofpositives

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh goody, rather than sell the promise of building with a gun midfielder and future glory, let's sell the farm this year to help him get through games now (gee not sure what Yeo, Kelly and Graham were supposed to be doing) without a clear path to winning premierships.......because you know, Reid ain't worried about the ultimate glory if he can get September off.

WC supporters are petty rusted on, but we have just pushed our rebuild back with Tassie looming, WTF?

Friendly reminder that Carlton wanting it and West Coast agreeing to it are very different things

I want to win lotto, which is probably just as likely to happen as us accepting 12+14 for 3.
Update: I did not win lotto

We are going to be bottomed tabled side for a decade not a mid tabled side.

We are going to be bottom 4 for the next decade.

We are topping up our shit list with 27 year olds who retire before we improve significantly creating a cycle

We are all in on the Warner train for next year it seems. Plus with the new matching rules, we are trying to set ourselves up next year if Banfield and Co have blinder top age years.

Remember we will be able.to utilise 2 years of picks in the Warner trade. In my opinion. He won't cost as much next year compared to this year.
Who says he wont change his mind or just pick freo

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back