List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Quick links

Latest news and rumours

Done deals:

• Zane Trew, Jamaine Jones and Jordyn Baker delisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Real tough to trade Barras out and a top 10 pick in, inside the last day. We’ll be paying a huge premium for a top 10 pick
Yeah not sure how it gets done - though we can trade picks right up to draft night. Richmond might motivated to trade one of their first round picks for our F1+F2 - they probably have more first round picks than list spaces at the moment.

As much as we want Travaglia I can see us taking Allen coz WA kid.

As we know, what fans want and what the club want are miles apart

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Another low production, average skilled half back flanker, Eagles cant get enough of these guys

From the AFL website

The 23-27 age backet [sic] is another hole in the Eagles' list that they are keen to address, with Baker, Owies and free agent Jack Graham all helping in that regard

Who Writes this stuff? None of them will be in that age bracket (unless you count 27/28 year olds as well). Both Graham and Baker will be 27 and Owies will be 28 by the time the season starts in 2025.
Seems like the Eagles took that idea and went nuts with it.
We should've been targeting players at least a few years younger, not ones that will be 30+ once we're contending.
You wanna build a team that can improve and contend, but be able to have sustained success once we get there.
Who actually brought this up first? Was it the club or the media?

Maybe a needed reality check for Pyke and head office? Before trade week, I was already sceptical of the new happy positive 'gloss and spin' that was being churned out by the Eagles propaganda machine. I understand the need to distance itself from a negative build-up after years of bad form, but let's just keep it real folks...and transparent.

Just realised that I didn't get past the 1st paragraph of the Club's Woosha announcement, being so happy he was coming on board and all.

On re-reading, had missed the bit where they say they "look forward to drawing on his experience at working at other clubs and in particular, utilising his experience on how to emulate the Bombers who have transformed a shiteshow into a fantastically mediocre club, who's definition of success is eminently achievable under the new club standards we have adopted under Don Pyke's leadership.

All power stance to you.

The Club."

Like a 24 year old Warner perhaps? :think:

Seriously have people literally lost their minds.

We don’t rate any players from any other clubs. Only West Coast Eagles players have value and are great.
24 year old Warner Dud.
25 year old Bolton Dud
Cmon mate get with the program lol

From the AFL website

The 23-27 age backet [sic] is another hole in the Eagles' list that they are keen to address, with Baker, Owies and free agent Jack Graham all helping in that regard

Who Writes this stuff? None of them will be in that age bracket (unless you count 27/28 year olds as well). Both Graham and Baker will be 27 and Owies will be 28 by the time the season starts in 2025.

If you haven't noticed but the Eagles don't have the same access to trade in players from a big pool. Most won't consider moving West.

So when the opportunity comes to bring in talent being a year older than your preference doesn't mean you don't do it.

They turn 28 next year. Let's not split straws.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giving pick 3 away, wreaks of new management, prioritising short term success ahead of the long term. Which is more in their own interests.

I thought maybe Worsfold returning before the draft, would be a voice to stop such nonsense.
Woosha doesn't officially start until next month.

If you haven't noticed but the Eagles don't have the same access to trade in players from a big pool. Most won't consider moving West.

So when the opportunity comes to bring in talent being a year older than your preference doesn't mean you don't do it.

They turn 28 next year. Let's not split straws.
Yeah sure you said that 2 weeks ago mate. Also not true when FOS saying he is Happy and wants to come here....

Nonsense to lump everyone into that based on the actions of a very small minority

Richmond have absolutely managed to get peak value for all their outgoing players so far (excluding Graham compo). It's absurd. Someone call their bluff on Rioli FFS.

I think it's widely known and accepted they're going to be crap for a while with their new list profile being full of young kids..

But deary me it'll be interesting watching to see how quickly it takes them to overtake us in the rebuild in a couple years time.

Having an absolute bounty of top end talent In a deep draft sets them up hugely. Add a couple FA'S in the right age bracket, given they'll have the salary cap and look appealing, and suddenly they're a competitive club on the rise again before Tazzy start ruining the drafts.

Bit like Hawthorn.

Hopefully none of it happens and it all goes to shit.

We have Matt Owies anyway, so we'll be fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Post Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back