Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was Fred Rodriguez for WA this champs? he bolted into the top 5 for next year too and Riley Onley was a big bodied mid for VC, he has improved a lot.
Looks like WA is back on track next year. Can't remember the last draft with that many possible top 30 WA talents - and we get two of them. Huzzah for the NGA rort

Unless they change it again. They've always gotta be changing something
Dont Put That Evil On Me Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Whan and Hart. I might be showing my lack of knowledge but Hart projects as a medium type forward and Whan a strong mid with very good left foot.
Plus quite possibly Nomlatyu from EF. (possibly) If I'm not mistaken he features in a Fremantle advert for NGA's and community projects. I might be wrong but it looks like the big 197cm South African Aussie.

Looks like WA is back on track next year. Can't remember the last draft with that many possible top 30 WA talents - and we get two of them. Huzzah for the NGA rort
Strong young list 4 top 25 picks in a deep draft and the NGA change have you guys extremely well positioned for a flag tilt. Must say I hope you win one the behaviour of the freo fans after the 2013 GF loss at the pubs I was at was first class.

Strong young list 4 top 25 picks in a deep draft and the NGA change have you guys extremely well positioned for a flag tilt. Must say I hope you win one the behaviour of the freo fans after the 2013 GF loss at the pubs I was at was first class.
Not to derail Davo's thread but it's a pretty exciting time to be a Freo supporter. I don't know if we finally get there but we've never been in this good a position off and on field. Fingers crossed

Also, Ludowyke bowling Sharp and Greeves out for a duck.
Hell, he's sending down some serious Malcom Marshall thunderbolts, and I not only love it but can certainly see it with Archie who I think will be much better next year and Harry, along with Kayle can be anything at the next level.

It seems like most draft boards weren't as impressed with Joel Cochran and have him falling from 30-45 all the way into rookie contention. I mean Sydney don't mind because it means they effectively get a national pick rather than a rookie pick to take one of the mass of quality of depth in the draft.

It seems like most draft boards weren't as impressed with Joel Cochran and have him falling from 30-45 all the way into rookie contention. I mean Sydney don't mind because it means they effectively get a national pick rather than a rookie pick to take one of the mass of quality of depth in the draft.
Joel Cochran looked bog average as a tall forw, so they threw him into defense where he looks a bit better, he does seem to have good athletic traits like speed and agility with some good movement, but lacks footy iq a little, could play a role and be a late pick for Sydney? I don't tend to rate role players in the first 2 rounds, unless there's signs they can improve and be more than a role player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys,

I managed to sit down with Benny Barrett from an interview on my podcast 'From the Stands.'

Take a listen:

Come join the 'From the Stands' forum: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/from-the-stands-podcast.1379575/#post-84166441

Rated him since the u16s, looked good at the champs, had 1 really good game and 1 decent, love his movement and potential, good speed, if he kicked more goals and hit more tackles he would be an exciting prospect, something for him to work on in the sanfl u18s.

Joel Cochran looked bog average as a tall forw, so they threw him into defense where he looks a bit better, he does seem to have good athletic traits like speed and agility with some good movement, but lacks footy iq a little, could play a role and be a late pick for Sydney? I don't tend to rate role players in the first 2 rounds, unless there's signs they can improve and be more than a role player.
He has played most of the year as a more mobile key defender so i think him being chucked up forward was the wrong move. Anyway i think the Swans know his true value so the lower he falls its only better for the Swans

I'll share my point system from the u18s champs on the best 20 performers from my analysis

Harvey Langford - 61
Tobie Travaglia - 49
Jagga Smith - 46
Luke Urquhart - 46
Xavier Lindsay - 34 in 3
Leo Lombard - 45
Ben Camporeale - 45
Sid Draper - 44
Bo Allan - 32 in 3
Levi Ashcroft - 42
Murphy Reid - 42
Cooper Hynes - 42
Dyson Sharp - 41*
Xavier Ivisic - 40

Most Goals
H.Armstrong 9 in 3, Berry 9, Kako 8, Welsh 8, Murphy 7, Champion 6, Bradley 6

Last edited:
Rated him since the u16s, looked good at the champs, had 1 really good game and 1 decent, love his movement and potential, good speed, if he kicked more goals and hit more tackles he would be an exciting prospect, something for him to work on in the sanfl u18s.
Bit hard to kick a whole lot more goals in the SANFL U18's when he plays so much on ball at that level and in the SANFL reserves?

Played on ball the last 2 weeks in the Reserves, 6 tackles and 7 tackles respectiverly.

Capture.PNG

Is that an answer or a question?
Well Geelong Grammar and the GWV Rebels both had the bye last week and Sam didn't play today for the GWV Rebels so there's a good chance he was required by Geelong Grammar who played yesterday?

Remove this Banner Ad

Draft Expert Davo-27's 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back