Review Dees V Lions: the Bad, Fugly and Abominable

Remove this Banner Ad

AMW and Tholstrup played well. One of them needs to be the 5 min sub for their development
I have a new idea for Goody - one is sub, the other sits on the bench with him. With 5 minutes left on the clock, they both come into the field holding hands skipping to their positions. When they get there, they turn around and blow kisses to Goody to express their thanks and gratitude.

I tell you one thing, if I was a betting man I would have put my house on lions to win at half time. No more certainty in life than death, taxes, and MFC 2024 capitulation in the final quarter.
**** Brisbane, had them by 25+ and my 3 other legs won.

Screen Shot 2024-06-28 at 10.44.22 pm.png

One of the most unintelligent things I've seen at the end of the game by ANB. Just mind boggling.

I called a heartbreaking close loss late in the third. Could see we were digging deep but we're running out of legs.

Yep, brave effort from a mainly young group tbh. I could get mad but tbh, I felt we played really well for most of the game.

Really pleased with the young core. Woey probably the one who looked out of his depth tonight. Not sure he's gonna make it.

JVR is developing really nicely. Loved his first few quarters. Tholstrup once he picks up the pace will be good I reckon.

Riv to stay mid every week now please.

Oliver and Viney need to play at that level every week.

Was expecting a record belting, so as disappointing as that loss was, it was clearly a damn good effort tonight by a mainly young group.

Ps - f* Goofy. GTFO with Stafford. Clear as day we needed to make the sub at 3qt. 2 weeks in a row he's totally screwed up the sub. You can't defend that. Absolute rubbish coaching.

The saddest part for me is that football has almost zero impact on me lately. I used to care about what happened, but I'm in a major slump with this team, and as a result, the whole game. MFC has kind of killed my football spirit somehow. The plus side is that my weekend will not take a hit over this.
Yep two years ago I would have been raging at a loss like this. At the moment I don't feel anything.

One of the most unintelligent things I've seen at the end of the game by ANB. Just mind boggling.

I called a heartbreaking close loss late in the third. Could see we were digging deep but we're running out of legs.

Yep, brave effort from a mainly young group tbh. I could get mad but tbh, I felt we played really well for most of the game.

Really pleased with the young core. Woey probably the one who looked out of his depth tonight. Not sure he's gonna make it.

JVR is developing really nicely. Loved his first few quarters. Tholstrup once he picks up the pace will be good I reckon.

Riv to stay mid every week now please.

Oliver and Viney need to play at that level every week.

Was expecting a record belting, so as disappointing as that loss was, it was clearly a damn good effort tonight by a mainly young group.

Ps - f* Goofy. GTFO with Stafford. Clear as day we needed to make the sub at 3qt. 2 weeks in a row he's totally screwed up the sub. You can't defend that. Absolute rubbish coaching.

What ANB did was dumb but I don't see the point in laying into the players, they cracked in all night and just ran out of legs. Our clown coach sold them up the river not using the sub and parking the bus.

Goodwin in his presser:
-Shattering to lose the game when people didn't give us a chance.
-We have an identity
-Proud of how we performed
-Last qrt: blamed their mids getting on top, we went a bit too safe maybe, blamed our young players, will unpack, but great first 3 qtrs(???)
-We might need to go and look at if we go a bit too safe in last quarters
-We've been strong about getting forwards playing together, Petty, Rooyen and Turner can become a formidable forward line
-"Great observation (about better pressure this week). Our pressure is back, really evident for a big part of the game"
-Clayton showed he's got high level of skill and back to his best tonight
-Kosi = good
f me these are softball questions..
-(Can you play finals?) Absolutely, long way to go, so building, few things to work on, building momentum now.
Walks out with more questions still being asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First quarter watch, ball movement atrocious been a whole term of get and bang it as long as possible. No doubt our midfield has great 'numbers'

Oliver Viney Tholstrup been the main culprits but everyone's doing it. Hardly used the handball out of stoppages

Goodwin in his presser:
-We have an identity
-Last qrt: blamed their mids getting on top, we went a bit too safe maybe, blamed our young players, will unpack, but great first 3 qtrs(???)
-We've been strong about getting forwards playing together, Petty, Rooyen and Turner can become a formidable forward line
-"Great observation (about better pressure this week). Our pressure is back, really evident for a big part of the game"
-Kosi = good
-(Can you play finals?) Absolutely, long way to go, so building, few things to work on, building momentum now.

Fuming no one asked about his sub tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bad .... All that effort and the coach decides to park the bus with over 10 min to go . Waits until 3min to go to put on the sub. Ask the coach why our players are running out of legs ? Won't have a go at most of the players as they gave it all , but Goodwin is delusional if he thinks that will get us to finals ,let alone win some. You can't play one good quarter and then try to hang on .

Bad .... All that effort and the coach decides to park the bus with over 10 min to go . Waits until 3min to go to put on the sub. Ask the coach why our players are running out of legs ? Won't have a go at most of the players as they gave it all , but Goodwin is delusional if he thinks that will get us to finals ,let alone win some. You can't play one good quarter and then try to hang on .
Simply doesn't get asked these tough but obvious questions.
Maybe the media have decided to back off after all the stuff about his panic attacks and mental health came out.
Not good enough either way.

Last edited:
What ANB did was dumb but I don't see the point in laying into the players, they cracked in all night and just ran out of legs. Our clown coach sold them up the river not using the sub and parking the bus.
Trust me, I'm on the sack Goofy bandwagon. Stafford too has been abysmal. BUT, the senior players bottled it tonight when it mattered. Not sure how that's all on Goofy? Langdon miss! Terrible! Petty having multiple good shots. Missed them all. Fritta misses. ANB with that mindboggling bad decision. I'm sorry, but those are on the players and what costs games just as much as Goofy not subbing in Brown until the last few minutes. Which I agree needs to be called out. Horrible coaching, but also horrible from our leaders not to come away with the win there.

Goodwin in his presser:
-We have an identity
-Kosi = good
What an ignorant load of codswallop. Blaming young players and then the 3 years too late reflection on being safe in the last???

This guy is the slowest learner in the world.

PS. Don't even get me started about him praising backs turned into forwards. That experiment is a total fail.

Also, Sparrow was putrid again. He's so sloppy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Sparrow is garbage. Can't believe people were talking him up as a future captain. You just don't notice the bloke out there. I can't remember him doing anything more than a couple of significant things in his whole career so far. A nothing player. Tholstrup has already gone past him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees V Lions: the Bad, Fugly and Abominable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back