Review Dees V Lions: the Bad, Fugly and Abominable

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess Norf couldn't use that excuse either for the last year or two?

We're not gonna dominate with 11 of our senior team thats 22 and under. Especially when amongst that lot aren't any real budding superstars. It's not that hard to figure out that the more kids you play, the less likely of doing a hell of a llot.whether it's been forced upon us or not through injury or form, it's good to see a lot of the younger blokes getting games.
Mate the guzzling of club propaganda here is ridiculous

North are asking more of their younger players than we are of ours so yeah there's a considerable difference. Their list profile is completely different to ours so it seems like a fairly pointless comparison.

It's fine to play kids and see what they can do but that's all it is. The way the club is trotting out how many kids we're playing to try and con the supporters to think that we are younger than what we are is stupid when half of the kids we're playing now will not be on the list in 3-4 years.
Based 🎓🎓

Ahhh but he wasn't in the 22. Think alot of people seen to think the sub is part of the 22.
Jordon is the greatest unused sub we've ever had which is saying something.

Jordon is the greatest unused sub we've ever had which is saying something.
Nathan Jones' last game was as an unused sub, wash your mouth out

Nathan Jones' last game was as an unused sub, wash your mouth out
What a fantastic way to farewell the clubs greatest warrior of the past 25 years!

Jesus I forgot about this, still can't remember it now tbh. Was it pre finals?
Against Essendon. Round 15 or 16 2021 IIRC.

Against Essendon. Round 15 or 16 2021 IIRC.
Bloody hell.
I don't care how badly he was playing, If you brought Nathan Jones on halfway into the 3rd quarter of the GF that campaigner would have done something. What a shame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair that was back when you needed an injury to activate the sub.
May was playing with a massive tear in his hammy in the GF. Realistically, we should've let Jordon (obviously preferably Jones) run on once the game was out of reach.

I get that there were reasons why all these decisions were made. I'm more just expressing how shit it's been that we haven't been able to have proper farewell games for any of our champions. Much worse was Hibberd last year who was dropped for the Semi final and retired without any fanfare whatsoever.

I get that there were reasons why all these decisions were made. I'm more just expressing how shit it's been that we haven't been able to have proper farewell games for any of our champions. Much worse was Hibberd last year who was dropped for the Semi final and retired without any fanfare whatsoever.
Yeah maybe I'm wrong here but feels like the last proper fair well game we had was when Robbo, Wheatley and maybe Brown? All got retired.

Don’t disagree at all. Thought Hibberd was stiff to even be dropped, like he announces his retirement then Goody drops him? wtf?

Don’t disagree at all. Thought Hibberd was stiff to even be dropped, like he announces his retirement then Goody drops him? wtf?
Considering we ended up with Schache as an unused sub anyway it actually boggles the mind.

Yeah maybe I'm wrong here but feels like the last proper fair well game we had was when Robbo, Wheatley and maybe Brown? All got retired.
Davey maybe?

On 20 August 2013 Davey announced his retirement from football at age 30. He played his last game on 1 September against the Western Bulldogs.

We lost by 20 points.

Davey maybe?

We lost by 20 points.
The 2009 game was Robbo Wheatley and Whelan and they all got fair welled. Brock McLean punched a handball to Robbo to run into and open goal and celebrate infront of the crowd.

Can't say I remember the Davey fairwell lol

The 2009 game was Robbo Wheatley and Whelan and they all got fair welled. Brock McLean punched a handball to Robbo to run into and open goal and celebrate infront of the crowd.

Can't say I remember the Davey fairwell lol
All the games from that era kinda merge into one blur of me slowly sinking into my seat over three hours at a sparsely filled MCG.

All the games from that era kinda merge into one blur of me slowly sinking into my seat over three hours at a sparsely filled MCG.
I'd just moved overseas and was partying shitloads so I didn't watch the replay of any game we got belted in, so basically didn't watch any.

I remember sitting on the work computer watching us beat Essendon to end the winning run and the owner of the company was like what's that and then oh is that the game that Mark Jackson guy used to play 😂

I'd just moved overseas and was partying shitloads so I didn't watch the replay of any game we got belted in, so basically didn't watch any.

I remember sitting on the work computer watching us beat Essendon to end the winning run and the owner of the company was like what's that and then oh is that the game that Mark Jackson guy used to play 😂
Would be the only footy player to ever appear on The Simpsons

1719972798891.png

North are asking more of their younger players than we are of ours so yeah there's a considerable difference. Their list profile is completely different to ours so it seems like a fairly pointless comparison.

It's fine to play kids and see what they can do but that's all it is. The way the club is trotting out how many kids we're playing to try and con the supporters to think that we are younger than what we are is stupid when half of the kids we're playing now will not be on the list in 3-4 years.
Do you not think we're rotating some through to see what they have got? Even if they aren't potentially up to the level? It seems to that blokes at Casey who perform, are genuinely getting a call up as well. So these guys aren't just coming in just for s*s and giggles. Most of these blokes need way more run in the legs and several more preseasons to be running out games super strong. That's fine you think that way. I think differently. I'm glad we're playing a young 22 right now and In my opinion is a strong reason why we aren't dominating or running out games strong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back