Review Dees V Lions: the Bad, Fugly and Abominable

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you not think we're rotating some through to see what they have got? Even if they aren't potentially up to the level? It seems to that blokes at Casey who perform, are genuinely getting a call up as well. So these guys aren't just coming in just for s*s and giggles. Most of these blokes need way more run in the legs and several more preseasons to be running out games super strong. That's fine you think that way. I think differently. I'm glad we're playing a young 22 right now and In my opinion is a strong reason why we aren't dominating or running out games strong.
That's exactly what I said we are doing. I'm just saying that despite the club posturing about how young we are, the core of our team is still aging. All we've done is rotate the bottom 6 of our side from shit old blokes to untried youth.

The reason we aren't performing is because the players we rely on to get us over the line like Viney, Oliver etc are not getting it done and the next rung down aren't good enough. The fact we are playing a few extra kids isn't making a huge difference to the results. Do you think if we replaced Brown, AMW and Tholstrup with Hunter, Billings and Salem we would have played significantly better?

That's exactly what I said we are doing. I'm just saying that despite the club posturing about how young we are, the core of our team is still aging. All we've done is rotate the bottom 6 of our side from shit old blokes to untried youth.

The reason we aren't performing is because the players we rely on to get us over the line like Viney, Oliver etc are not getting it done and the next rung down aren't good enough. The fact we are playing a few extra kids isn't making a huge difference to the results. Do you think if we replaced Brown, AMW and Tholstrup with Hunter, Billings and Salem we would have played significantly better?
My point was that was a big reason why we weren't running out the last couple of games well. Clearly a mixture of things, but having 11 players 22 and under in my opinion is part of it. Goofy and his gameplan is taxing, and we don't have the list we had in previous years. I'm not pinning our fade outs purely on being so young and inexperienced, but it's part of it in my opinion.

My point was that was a big reason why we weren't running out the last couple of games well. Clearly a mixture of things, but having 11 players 22 and under in my opinion is part of it. Goofy and his gameplan is taxing, and we don't have the list we had in previous years. I'm not pinning our fade outs purely on being so young and inexperienced, but it's part of it in my opinion.
Except we've run more than our opponents the last 2 games and we don't have 11 players. Other than that keep plugging away you'll get there!

I doubt Goodwin will do much unless it’s mathematically impossible for us to play finals
I think thats right. its his job to do that.

But I've been through this stuff before, with the D's.

I'd rather us have a stop over for the season... with many guns out of form or injured. Grab some re-stocking for Xmas this year, finishing around 14th... and go hard in 2025.

Otherwise we can see, by end of 2026 Gawn, May, Viney, TMc, McAdam, Salem, will all be off the list...

& Petracca, ANB, Langdon & Lever will all be turning 31Yrs of age. At the end for all of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back