Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I get a perverse pleasure out of watching Brown haters suck eggs every time he bobs up and kicks a lazy 3 goals. He simply will not die. The more you count him out - the more bags of 3 you will see.
Yep. No doubt it will burn down in flames at some point, but I'm low key loving Brown and Tmac proving me wrong. Highly doubt it will last

True, but it didn't feel like we had Ryder for very long, plus we lost him to WADA for a year.
We’ve been particularly blessed with rucks but it’s weird how some clubs just produce a lot of a particular type of player.

EG West Coast have always had backmen who could take a game apart. Jakovich, McGovern, Hurn, Glass all as examples

The best thing about Brown is goal kicking accuracy, you know he'll bob up for a couple a game either because of a good lead-up or free kicks with his size.

He didn't have a tonne of impact around the ground but 3.0 was huge for us.

The best thing about Brown is goal kicking accuracy, you know he'll bob up for a couple a game either because of a good lead-up or free kicks with his size.

He didn't have a tonne of impact around the ground but 3.0 was huge for us.
That goal he kicked in the 3rd was huge not too many players nail that. His mark and goal in the last were also pretty big. Unfortunately wasn't really noticeable outside of those moments and at some point I thought he was subbed off. At least he seems to be moving around a bit better and was getting around the ground more.

That goal he kicked in the 3rd was huge not too many players nail that. His mark and goal in the last were also pretty big. Unfortunately wasn't really noticeable outside of those moments and at some point I thought he was subbed off. At least he seems to be moving around a bit better and was getting around the ground more.
Lol let's be real. That goal in the last was Tracs goal, we turned it over high and then because Brown can't move he was standing out the back without an opponent.
Not getting goals that easy come finals time.

Lol let's be real. That goal in the last was Tracs goal, we turned it over high and then because Brown can't move he was standing out the back without an opponent.
Not getting goals that easy come finals time.
Pretty sure Fritsch was there and two opponents on him, was a pretty good grab. Looking on replay he is with gawn running pretty hard to get back to an empty forward line.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Fritsch was there and two opponents on him, was a pretty good grab. Looking on replay he is with gawn running pretty hard to get back to an empty forward line.

Browns opponents not even in the 50 I don't think. Horrible defending by them Screenshot_20240331_213836_Watch AFL.jpg Screenshot_20240331_213850_Watch AFL.jpg Screenshot_20240331_214112_Watch AFL.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK there was one defender but I still think you're being a bit harsh. He was with gawn when he marked on the wing and got back pretty quickly to take that mark. View attachment 1946105View attachment 1946107
It's not being harsh, he ran back into the 50 and no one ran with him? It was ****ing shit defending lol, Fritsch had his man done cold and Brown took a simple uncontested mark over the back instead. The defenders completely taken out by Fritsch lol.

Fritsch is there by the way as well when Gawn marks. Looks like Ratugolea was browns man and got stuck standing on the mark and no one swapped.
If Brown doesn't mark that he legitimately should be subbed on the spot.

There's 20s from Gawns kick to the mark, it's embarrassing from Port.

It's not being harsh, he ran back into the 50 and no one ran with him? It was ******* s**t defending lol, Fritsch had his man done cold and Brown took a simple uncontested mark over the back instead. The defenders completely taken out by Fritsch lol.

Fritsch is there by the way as well when Gawn marks. Looks like Ratugolea was browns man and got stuck standing on the mark and no one swapped.
If Brown doesn't mark that he legitimately should be subbed on the spot.
I meant the part when you said
"Brown can't move he was standing out the back without an opponent."

I think that's wrong, from being on the wing to taking a mark in the pocket was 20 seconds later isn't someone that can't move. Yes his opponent was lazy but it's still good running.

I meant the part when you said
"Brown can't move he was standing out the back without an opponent."

I think that's wrong, from being on the wing to taking a mark in the pocket was 20 seconds later isn't someone that can't move. Yes his opponent was lazy but it's still good running.
Your romanticizing about a nothing moment.
You can even see when Gawns got it Browns just jogging a straight line back to goal, it wasn't some gut busting run, the ball goes to hff, is spoiled back inside and then fumbled by Langdon.

It's absolutely a goal created by shit port play, id be furious if our defence let a bloke out the back like that

You can even see when Gawns got it Browns just jogging a straight line back to goal, it wasn't some gut busting run, the ball goes to hff, is spoiled back inside and then fumbled by Langdon.

It's absolutely a goal created by s**t port play, id be furious if our defence let a bloke out the back like that
Look I'm no fan of brown, I'll admit it wasn't as good of a mark as I initially thought but to say he can't move is still harsh imo he clearly can move okay if he's getting to that spot in 20 seconds deep into the last quarter of the game.

It's absolutely a goal created by s**t port play, id be furious if our defence let a bloke out the back like that

Just smart forward play, get away from your defender!

As long as you don't get fully blown out early I don't mind slowish starts if it means we come home with a wet sail which we've done against the Dogs and Port now.
Reminds me of 2021, instead of panicking and going full throttle trying and catch up in 5 minutes (like we have the last 2 years) - staying calm and working into the game, also running out games more strongly so far this year

Browns opponents not even in the 50 I don't think. Horrible defending by them View attachment 1946096View attachment 1946097View attachment 1946098

OK there was one defender but I still think you're being a bit harsh. He was with gawn when he marked on the wing and got back pretty quickly to take that mark. View attachment 1946105View attachment 1946107
A Lab off!

walk off magnum GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v Port West Horsham: Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back