Review Dees v Swans - the Good, bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I take alot of piss around us but this one im dead serious about
Ill never take back that finals series and that GF is a memory for all of us for the rest of our life but...

Winning the flag was the worst thing thats ever happened to us.
Ever since then we became high on our shit, we became boring safe and stuck in 2021
Ive hardly enjoyed a game of footy from us since 2021, we were much better to watch in 2017/18 when we were shit.
Theres this dumb arrogance that exists at our club that we are the best team in it, we just have to play our brand. Weve been ****ing happy to be a 3rd-6th level team in the comp assuming it will come good and thats been fed into by the nuffy supporters around this joint aswell.

Worst part is this shouldnt be a shock, its been a slow painful drop off thats right infront of everyones face and yet 2 full years after the flag we still think we are hot shit

Bad signs:

• Exactly same issues as 2023. Forwards just congregate at the top of the goalsquare and we bomb it on their head. It's only the young blokes, like McVee and Windsor who try anything different. I can't imagine we're coached to play this way, but I also don't understand how it hasn't been fixed in 3 years.
  • Overly dependent on big name players. If Petracca, Gawn, Oliver, May and Viney don't pull us over the line, no-one else will.

Worse signs:

We might actually start wishing for our season to resemble 2023 more. Things which seem to have gotten worse:

• Our last quarter capitulation is something new. Even when we played like crap in '23, we never got rolled that easily.
  • Zero faith in the depth players compared to previous years. Laurie isn't going to make it, Schache is taking up space, Chandler can't get near it. These guys should be playing seconds, but we just don't have anything else in the cupboard.
  • Guys who have been in the system for a few years just aren't taking the next step. Sparrow, Spargo, Salem: guys like this need to be making a consistent contribution and they aren't.
  • Beaten in the clearances and contested possessions despite the fact that they were missing arguably their three best inside midfielders. Genuinely pathetic, especially if that's supposed to be advantage over other teams.

Gonna be a long year. I've found this team difficult to watch over the past two years even when we're winning, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna stay invested when we're losing. I don't even feel angry or disappointed, just... exhausted. I can't think of a better word for it. Watching us feels like watching a man running up a sand dune. Like yeah, I admire the effort, but what's the point?

Shortest dynasty in history. This season is gonna be a burning hot pile of garbage. Was onboard, but totally off now. How tf did I think we'd win with a F50 of Schache, Laurie, Spargo and Chandler!? Worst F50 in decades.

Viney about the only reason to keep watching this season. The guy is unmatched in effort.

Until Goody and Stafford GTFO, this club is cooked.
What Dynasty? We haven't won a final since the gf. We aren't even wasted should have dynasty like essendon 99-01

Bad signs:

• Exactly same issues as 2023. Forwards just congregate at the top of the goalsquare and we bomb it on their head. It's only the young blokes, like McVee and Windsor who try anything different. I can't imagine we're coached to play this way, but I also don't understand how it hasn't been fixed in 3 years.
  • Overly dependent on big name players. If Petracca, Gawn, Oliver, May and Viney don't pull us over the line, no-one else will.

Worse signs:

We might actually start wishing for our season to resemble 2023 more. Things which seem to have gotten worse:

• Our last quarter capitulation is something new. Even when we played like crap in '23, we never got rolled that easily.
  • Zero faith in the depth players compared to previous years. Laurie isn't going to make it, Schache is taking up space, Chandler can't get near it. These guys should be playing seconds, but we just don't have anything else in the cupboard.
  • Guys who have been in the system for a few years just aren't taking the next step. Sparrow, Spargo, Salem: guys like this need to be making a consistent contribution and they aren't.
  • Beaten in the clearances and contested possessions despite the fact that they were missing arguably their three best inside midfielders. Genuinely pathetic, especially if that's supposed to be advantage over other teams.

Gonna be a long year. I've found this team difficult to watch over the past two years even when we're winning, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna stay invested when we're losing. I don't even feel angry or disappointed, just... exhausted. I can't think of a better word for it. Watching us feels like watching a man running up a sand dune. Like yeah, I admire the effort, but what's the point?
I love the man running up the sand dune analogy, it's perfect.

Shortest dynasty in history. This season is gonna be a burning hot pile of garbage. Was onboard, but totally off now. How tf did I think we'd win with a F50 of Schache, Laurie, Spargo and Chandler!? Worst F50 in decades.

Viney about the only reason to keep watching this season. The guy is unmatched in effort.

Lol here's the melt queen. Give everyone who thought we'd struggle shit then jump off one game in. There's no room here.

I’ll take master-coach Simon Goodwin’s advice and not look (too far) into the past and just focus on today and the season ahead.

We look like a bottom rung team with poor fitness, poor skills and a boring, predictable and ineffective game plan.

The whole lot from top to bottom can **** right off.

Complete nightmare fuel

All the worst parts of our game on full display: dumb, predictable and boring.

That run of kick outs to the exact same spot on the far wing in the fourth quarter did me in. Gawn is cooked and can barely compete so we put it on his head like 5 times in a row.

If we’d lost 110-90 or something I’d at least feel something, but it’s the same slow car crash shit, awful forward entries, every goal, of which there are always few, seem so hard to get, always a freak kick or effort that isn’t sustainable to kick a score.

We’re going to struggle for crowds this season, reckon plenty will drop off, it’s more how we play than the results now, I genuinely don’t enjoy how we play.

I hope we don’t crash out like 2019, don’t think the club could handle that, but ****, no idea how we drastically improve from here, I can’t see it.

I take alot of piss around us but this one im dead serious about
Ill never take back that finals series and that GF is a memory for all of us for the rest of our life but...

Winning the flag was the worst thing thats ever happened to us.
Ever since then we became high on our s**t, we became boring safe and stuck in 2021
Ive hardly enjoyed a game of footy from us since 2021, we were much better to watch in 2017/18 when we were s**t.
Theres this dumb arrogance that exists at our club that we are the best team in it, we just have to play our brand. Weve been ******* happy to be a 3rd-6th level team in the comp assuming it will come good and thats been fed into by the nuffy supporters around this joint aswell.

Worst part is this shouldnt be a shock, its been a slow painful drop off thats right infront of everyones face and yet 2 full years after the flag we still think we are hot s**t
I agree with the majority, but honestly, what’s it got to do with the supporters?

What people think on here has ZERO impact on the shit going on with club.

I agree with the majority, but honestly, what’s it got to do with the supporters?

What people think on here has ZERO impact on the s**t going on with club.
If they turn up to the coterie meeting or meet and greets and are getting validation from the supporters there's no need to change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm going to do my best not to stress about the footy this year. I've got more important things to worry about. David King said summed it up best "vanilla". Even in the 3rd quarter when we kicked 5 it felt a bit boring. We basically scored 1.33 goals in the other 3 quarters. Probably felt similar to the Geelong game last year (I know it's the same as any other game) but the way we just stopped in the last quarter. I'm hoping that the early part of the season we are working on ball movement and it will click in but I think most people agree we've had plenty of time to readjust our game.

Anyway on to next week.

Spot on bunch of duds, don't forget howes. Usual match up on spargo, blakey was huge.

How good is Grundy smacking Gawnie around.
Imagine putting Josh ****ing Schache in a final over him, albeit as a sub that you don't even use despite having a broken Tom MacDonald spudding up the field.

Genuinely amazed I feel shitty about losing, was the most predictable shit ever.

What Dynasty? We haven't won a final since the gf. We aren't even wasted should have dynasty like essendon 99-01
You don't understand sarcasm? Of course we didn't have a dynasty. That was my point. There was none after all the huff and puff. Our dynasty lasted a covid season.

Where do you start hey.

Spargo was absolute trash and should not have been brought in. Honestly wish we were just better off playing Kynan Brown.

Tom Sparrow can take his 14 disposal midfield performance and **** right off. The amount of love and praise this bloke gets from the club is so laughable. Never seen a more overrated player by a club. Danster jizzing himself over a suburban game performance last week when people were asking him to back up that performance week in, week out.

Cliff coming quicker for the likes of Gawn, May, Lever unfortunately. The concerning part is the depth after these guys pull the pin.

Getting absolutely smoked in clearences against a team missing Parker, Mills and Adams.. yep, she's going to be a long year.

To try and find a silver lining I'd rather we play crap in the early rounds and be forced to change things up in the first half of the season than watch us win a bunch of games then desperately hold onto a top 4 spot in the second half of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back