Review Dees v the Ancient Enemy (Collingwood) - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly RD 11 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of guys were pretty good. Scoreboard didn't reflect the game.

The fact that some supporters 'enjoy' a loss like today speaks volumes through. I don't enjoy today. I make enjoyment out of it - through joking, through certain calls - but I don't actually enjoy it.
You're right it didn't, due to our awful inaccuracy.

Lot of guys were pretty good. Scoreboard didn't reflect the game.

The fact that some supporters 'enjoy' a loss like today speaks volumes through. I don't enjoy today. I make enjoyment out of it - through joking, through certain calls - but I don't actually enjoy it.

Just heard you on 3aw, enjoy the ham :thumbsu:

Thoughts on having a clue about who we got for shipping of that fairy to you?

Who did you get? I haven't been paying that much attention due to not supporting your club and all that.

Thoughts on Buckley slowly dismantling Malthouse's good work over the years? From Top 4 to Top 8 to how low can you go?

The effort was there for the most part, it was still there in the 2nd and 3rd quarters despite getting smashed on the score board.

My biggest worry is when we play 'well' for a period of time or have a period of 'strong effort' we may stop the opposition scoring, but we don't score ourselves, even GWS and GC (last year) have periods in games where they can kick 3 or 4 in ten minutes, something to hang their hats on at the end of the day, we can't even do that. I really worry that we have no offensive game plan that is going to take us forward. It has to be demoralising for the boys to get virtually no reward for effort when they really do go hell for leather for a quarter or two.

We got pick 20 (tim broomhead) for dawes who looks exceptional in his 4 VFL games this year. This could be a genuine win-win

Fair enough. Nothing wrong with promising youngsters.

Just to clarify, we're glossing over the Quinten Lynch playing for your club part? I honestly don't think he'd get a game for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah... Broomhead? How ******* good is he mate!
The most talented youngster we've picked up last year, watch this space.

ps. If any of you want to continue this discussion tag me on the main board, I can sense Biff is just itching to banzor me :D

The most talented youngster we've picked up last year, watch this space.

ps. If any of you want to continue this discussion tag me on the main board, I can sense Biff is just itching to banzor me :D

I don't know about that - Grundy and Kennedy are freaks, I watched them last year and they dominated.

Severe lack of disposal skills. We are our own worst enemy. We beat ourselves. Simple handballs become turnovers. Simple kicks that should lead to a shot on goal turn into a goal against us.

Defensively our structure went to shit in the 2nd half. There are still quite a few on the ground that shouldn't be playing AFL. Dunn is dusted. Pedo was a mistake. Rodan is borderline.

I think this team can turn it around and I think Neeld can do it. Get some guns back from injury, gain some structure. I reckon we can definitely get a few wins by end of year.

Prerogative is get 2 AFL quality mids at the end of the season. Things will improve.

Edit: sorry this post is in point form, I've had too many beers to bother.

Great work from Garland. The last quarter let him down a bit but it was hardly his fault, some of his spoils were fantastic. Cloke could still out-muscle him when he got the chance, but Garland only let him do it 1-2 times.

The rest of it was bleak.

Lynch's kicking for goal was awful and has been for a while, but he ended up with 22 disposals, 8 marks and 5 I50s. Lots of unwarranted potting of Q Stick.

Anyways, effort was mostly there from Melbourne. Very good first quarter and it was really telling that Dawes off the ground screwed your structure over. I mostly got out of that what I already knew - Neeld could be a decent coach as far as gameplan and development goes, but doesn't have the cattle, has NFI at the MC and doesn't have the credits in the bank to take all these thrashings.

Why potatoes like McKenzie or Dunn gets games over types like Magner or Strauss is beyond me especially since midfield and disposal are your biggest deficiencies. Watts ain't much of a key forward. Too easily beaten by Reid in the air, and then Shaw who's a small/medium defender. He's a forward, but more of a flanker than a KPF IMO. Kind of like how Jack Gunston is played at Hawthorn. Or how Macaffer was played today for us.

Anyways good luck against the 'Aints and for the rest of the season.

Fugly: Collingwood cheer squad cheering Dawes being subbed off at the start of the third quarter. Obviously injured, yet they cheer for this? Collingwood wanted him out, Dawes accepted despite the fact he still had a contract and looked elsewhere. He did Collingwood a service and this is the thanks he gets? Furthermore, I seem to remember Collingwood supporters on this forum giving us lip last year for a section of supporters cheering didak coming off the ground after he shanked the ball badly injuring himself in the process. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Fugly: Collingwood cheer squad cheering Dawes being subbed off at the start of the third quarter. Obviously injured, yet they cheer for this? Collingwood wanted him out, Dawes accepted despite the fact he still had a contract and looked elsewhere. He did Collingwood a service and this is the thanks he gets? Furthermore, I seem to remember Collingwood supporters on this forum giving us lip last year for a section of supporters cheering didak coming off the ground after he shanked the ball badly injuring himself in the process. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Dude, they are feral scum what do you expect? Watts took a clean mark in the 50. They boo him as he has a shot at goal? There's no need for that, what has he done that warrants booing? He took a mark in their 50.

Deadbeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back