Review Dees v the Blood-Stained Angels: the Good, Bad & Downright Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Friends, I remember the Lake Oval; Graeme Tesdale and his velvet suit; Bobby Skilton and the last round of 1976; Gerard Healy; the 1987 Qualifying; the tie of 1992; the debacle of 1994 at the MCG; Kevin Dyson; Pale Cale Morton and his moment of glory again Adam Goodes in 2010; Bruce telling us that "The Dees are going to be something!" or words to that effect. Tonight will add to the litany of woe: Swans by 20 points

Trolls are going to have a field day with this pathetic performance.

And fully deserved.

And the crowd for our home game was poor, way better for the swans.

Dominated on all parts of the field.

We look tired or something. And sort of tentative, and once that happens decision making goes to pieces.
Definitely looks like lots of blokes are carrying niggles, and there are some doubts creeping back in to our play.

2019 Richmond lost in Round 11, 12 and 13. Bad losses too, 37 points, 67 points and 33 points. They never lost again and won the GF by 89 points.

I'm not saying that'll be us, and I'm not saying everything will be fine, but even the best teams cop losses and lose form.

Good: We started well
Bad: I had the feeling although we started well it wasn't going to be ok
Ugly: There were some shit decisions, but as we say that doesn't decide th4e match. Trac was unseen, just can't happen for us to win. Our backline is looking thin which negates one of our biggest avenues for scoring. And I'm sorry but Sparrow just sucks to me, whatever he's involved in turns to shit, there's got to be someone better.

Edit: Forgot the super fugly, all the articles / segments talking about how the Dees have been 'found out'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burgess factor. We look cooked. Lack of pressure. We can't sustain it like we did last season. Not running games out anywhere near as strong. Bottom 6 or 7 for pressure this year suggests we're not working hard enough or haven't got the petrol tickets. I think we've all said we haven't played overly well this season, yet we'd been winning. Now we play good teams fit with strong pressure and we crumble.

And wtf is with our forwards? Deplorable. Ben Brown waste of space for 3 weeks. Small forwards no impact at all. We look in real trouble. I picked the Swans tonight and I'll be picking the Pies next week. We're in real danger of dropping out of the 4 I reckon. Lots of learnings though

Trac stubbed his toe before the game & wasn't going to play. Goody thought it might be a good idea to play him to see how he went just in case it happened before a final.
Your av just reminded me that we haven't seen emo stats guy for a while. We're obviously missing his insights

I liked that thing we used to do where we won lots of games.

I’m not worrying too much at this point. We were going to have a form slump at some point or other, and there’s no doubt we can play a lot better than this. Lack of pressure and horrid decision making for a good portion of the game which made it pretty hard viewing.

God I will be glad to see Steven May back. And I’m going to assume that Salem improves because the poor bloke can’t go worse than that. Probably a case of being a bit off the pace after a fair old break, nothing went right for him at all.

God I will be glad to see Steven May back. And I’m going to assume that Salem improves because the poor bloke can’t go worse than that. Probably a case of being a bit off the pace after a fair old break, nothing went right for him at all.
Agreed. Was a bold call to bring him back so quickly against a dangerous team who play a fast style. Better for the run I suppose.

2019 Richmond lost in Round 11, 12 and 13. Bad losses too, 37 points, 67 points and 33 points. They never lost again and won the GF by 89 points.

I'm not saying that'll be us, and I'm not saying everything will be fine, but even the best teams cop losses and lose form.
Time will tell of course, but our draw suggests we're in for a number of losses in the back half of the season. There really isn't an easy game left. We look in real trouble. Treading water. No hunger. Pressure not even in the top half of the comp. Forwardline in disarray and hardly a player who can hit a target in the F50. 22 less tackles tonight. It's either fitness or hunger or maybe both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v the Blood-Stained Angels: the Good, Bad & Downright Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back