Review Dees v the Dogs - End of Days indeed: the Good and Bad, Fugly and Calamitous

Remove this Banner Ad

So according to squiggle we finish the season with the best defensive rating of any team since at least 2000 and an offensive rating as good as 2015 Hawks.

1632612392389.png

A lot of talk about bailey Smith being Mr September, meanwhile our wins in the finals series have accumulated to 190 point.

Some of his “chasing” was horrendous.

Mr. Runs-one-way-only.

Makes Jared Polec look accountable.

So with 90 seconds left in the third, Salem takes a mark in D50 and slows things down. We seem content to safeguard the lead, run some clock, and get to the 4th with a two goal lead.

And they scored 3 goals from that position.

Yeah, of course I've already re-watched that third quarter multiple times. The last 10 minutes are insane. But the last two minutes in particular are ludicrous.

Petracca's dribble goal along the boundary - freakish, lightning quick reflexes and execution. After his pump up celebration, watch his face. It's an unmistakable look of grit, determination. He forgets about the goal almost immediately and is concentrating on the next one (reading into it a bit haha)

Then Jackson, Oliver, Viney and Petracca just swept the next two clearances away from the centre for two more goals (and nearly another after that). They were just on. It was a delight to watch even as I neutral I suspect but as a Melbourne fan, simply unfathomable.

Kozzy was trying to give his premiership medal to Nev at one stage but Nev was like nah mate it’s your time. Bloody hell that made me emotional. Jones has rightly had a heap of attention but Jetta put his body on the line as much as anyone.

Jones, Melk, Pig and Jetta have all been huge for this club. Everyone of them deserved to play

I'll need to rewatch the game, was so deliriously happy was hard to notice all the little things.
Am watching it now. They were all over us like white on rice in the third. They were absolutely charging. Bontempelli was doing a number on us and we were quite flat. If a 19 point lead and dominance all round can’t lift a team then nothing will. Beverage will be absolutely seething at some of those efforts. We are incredibly fit, but the Dogs can’t be that far of us.

Their midfield simply stopped. They’ve got some real passengers under pressure. Treloar’s performance in that SF really sums up the lack of ticker the bloke has. Hunter, Smith, Daniel. Was really poor. The test will be how they come back. Beverage will be the man to do it if anyone can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t stand him. What a cat. So lucky his mates stepped up against Brisbane in the SF. For a bloke of that caliber to wave a white flag is pathetic. When the tide swung in the second half he was nowhere.

Absolute liability. Collingwood inevitably made the right call even though it cost them financially.

Good: Hibberd/Weightman contest in the first that sent him into the goalpost. Great spectacle when you see both players put their body on the line in a contest

Salem flying under the radar a bit with another great game. Doesn't seem to get a lot of attention in the media.

Sparrow had a great 2022 campaign, I hope he can keep building on that.

Jackson was brilliant, he might put pressure on Gawn's position as the primary ruck very soon! The club nailed the 2019 draft, Jackson/Pickett/Rivers all look like they will be 200+ game players (hopefully all in Dees colours!)

Investment in strength/conditioning/fitness with Burgess has paid off, we're clearly the best 2nd half team in the competition.

Bad: Jordon not getting a run in the final term. Could have subbed May off or something. Poor guy seems to be the designated medi sub most week and never gets a run since we have been blessed with few injuries this year.

Fugly: Oliver's hair. Find a new barber, mate

nq20jX7.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v the Dogs - End of Days indeed: the Good and Bad, Fugly and Calamitous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back