Review Dees v the Scully-ites of GWS: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Like, maybe, a coach sacking?

Sorry sorry, I kid.
Man I wish
It feels like that's so far off the radar at the moment like the guys under almost no pressure at all. Don't think I've heard anyone outside of maybe ox last week talk about how he hasn't won a final since the flag and will miss finals this year.

I'm talking like Oliver goes off the rails and the clubs forced to trade him, or Goody burns out and walks on the club or something major happens. It all just feels so pointless right now.

Man I wish
It feels like that's so far off the radar at the moment like the guys under almost no pressure at all. Don't think I've heard anyone outside of maybe ox last week talk about how he hasn't won a final since the flag and will miss finals this year.

I'm talking like Oliver goes off the rails and the clubs forced to trade him, or Goody burns out and walks on the club or something major happens. It all just feels so pointless right now.
Everything is happening in slow motion, no one at the club is interested in getting ahead of the curve and doing something now.. we'll continue to get worse and worse for another 2 years and be anchored to the bottom before the club actually makes change.

Everything is happening in slow motion, no one at the club is interested in getting ahead of the curve and doing something now.. we'll continue to get worse and worse for another 2 years and be anchored to the bottom before the club actually makes change.
Too many nuff fans still cheering the club on with everything they have glazing the players. Less of those nuffs and more nuffs calling into radio stations burning memberships

Too many nuff fans still cheering the club on with everything they have glazing the players. Less of those nuffs and more nuffs calling into radio stations burning memberships
A bloke called into SEN a few weeks ago to give it to Goody- Gaz was in disbelief that any Melbourne supporter could have anything but admiration and gratitude for his best mate. We are ****ed.

I listen to SEN at work and there's actually a fair amount of Dees fans calling in and questioning Goodwin but it always gets shot down with "but didn't you guys win a flag not long ago?"

I listen to SEN at work and there's actually a fair amount of Dees fans calling in and questioning Goodwin but it always gets shot down with "but didn't you guys win a flag not long ago?"
Yeah it's so strange, I think because we went so long without anything everyone just expects us to be grateful for anything. Meanwhile Collingwood are 10 months from a flag and there's pressure on them to rebuild already lol

Gawn, Oliver and TMac got absolutely destroyed in that last quarter. Briggs, Green and Jesse were too good. Really disappointing to give up a 27 point lead over two quarters and then get BANG BANG BANGed. At least they didn't give up but the time management was poor at times. McVee played a bit of kick to kick, and we let them chip it around for a minute as well. Also that crowd was pathetic.

I thought Petty looked good, and even Laurie showed a bit in the midfield. Got some clearances. Whatever, only a month to go.

There was one main difference between the 2 sides. Both sides did alot of long bombs in this game due to weather, ours were predictable and deep to the pockets, very defensive entries to stop their rebound. When GWS were bombing they went more central to dangerous positions or isolated hogan deep.
Their surge from the HBF in waves in numbers and want to move it by handball during the middle of the game shit all over ours, their smalls get up and involved. Ours shit themselves ( Bowey mostly) or the ball ends up with Oliver who just slams it forward and back into a 50/50

Was really like watching a Melbourne side from 2015 Paul Roos, spent the whole game more worried about trying not to lose than win

Just heard part of Goodwins presser. Sounded like the medication had worn off . Once again our skills under pressure were ordinary , and got what we deserved. That we can still mathematically make the 8 is hilarious. Just waiting for the “ we will review everything at the end of the season “ to start being used .

I think we missed some run and dash from the backline today. Rivers into the middle has left a hole there. Though AWM did some nice things early but faded as he had to lockdown more, prob fitness too.

McVee is the obvious one we should be freeing up. Wouldn't mind seeing Windsor tried out as a running HBF for his development ala Sheezel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was sort a Bomber Thompson "leave him alone" Brad Ottens moment too re: Oliver at Goody's press conference, unfortunately Kane Cornes & Sam McClure weren't in the room so it lacked the same punch.

Gawn, Oliver and TMac got absolutely destroyed in that last quarter. Briggs, Green and Jesse were too good. Really disappointing to give up a 27 point lead over two quarters and then get BANG BANG BANGed. At least they didn't give up but the time management was poor at times. McVee played a bit of kick to kick, and we let them chip it around for a minute as well. Also that crowd was pathetic.

I thought Petty looked good, and even Laurie showed a bit in the midfield. Got some clearances. Whatever, only a month to go.
I thought TMac actually did a reasonable job on the night, when you get the quality of clearances the Giants did that is how you are supposed to execute going inside 50, each kick to Hogan was pretty much perfectly weighted to his advantage.

I thought TMac actually did a reasonable job on the night, when you get the quality of clearances the Giants did that is how you are supposed to execute going inside 50, each kick to Hogan was pretty much perfectly weighted to his advantage.
Yep ball was going in low and flat and to Hogan's advantage. Hogan played well actually really well but don't think you're blaming the defenders.

TMac got plain outbodied by Jesse from one of those centre clearances, rarely see someone stronger than him. Also got his kicked smothered by Greene which led to a goal.

It was notable that May and Lever weren't able to help him effectively in the last quarter.
Yeah he lost that contest. Our forwards lose about 10 of those every game.

Tmac far from our worst

TMac got plain outbodied by Jesse from one of those centre clearances, rarely see someone stronger than him. .

It was notable that May and Lever weren't able to help him effectively in the last quarter.
Kick was weighted to his side of that contest though.

That's what should happen when you have guys in the midfield who can execute kicks going inside 50 with the 6-6-6 rule and you don't have 3 of your forwards standing in the same 2ms of space like we love doing. The goal should be to space players out to create one on ones.

Kick was weighted to his side of that contest though.

That's what should happen when you have guys in the midfield who can execute kicks going inside 50 with the 6-6-6 rule and you don't have 3 of your forwards standing in the same 2ms of space like we love doing. The goal should be to space players out to create one on ones.
Except without Trac we have an abhorrent midfield led by a fat helicopter kicker on millions

Like imagine being a forward standing inside 50 waiting to see who gets it. If Viney or especially Oliver win it it's being bombed in any an every direction, if it ends up with trac it's either going 60 or a bullet pass to 25m out along the ground. Then the rest of the team just gets it and kicks deep to the pocket on slow plays so you gotta stand there or else your opponent marks it

Good:
Oliver has played his way into some almost respectable level of fitness.
Laurie did some good things.
We stayed with the orange tidal wave for a while.
AMW is developing into something really good.
Langdon had a great game.
Any chance of luring Toby Greene and Jesse to Melbourne?
The clean ball handling of the orange ones.
The orange ones were great to watch.

Bad:
The number of marks dropped and number of fumbles from Max and May.
The missed opportunity count.
The Fumbles.
Forward play was just awful. How many times did we see a player with the ball between centre and CHF looking like "ok, what the F do I do now?".
I'm thinking Bowey, Billings and Woewodin are not going to be good AFL players, evah.

Ugly:
Our forward coaching. These guys have got NFI.

And
Does anybody else get annoyed by Bayley Fritsch leisurely jogging after his opponent?

And
Does anybody else get annoyed by Bayley Fritsch leisurely jogging after his opponent?
Yeah, but **** me, no idea why people care, it's who he is, what are we going to do ? Drop probably our most efficient player? That would be so Melbourne. Not enough contest and defense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v the Scully-ites of GWS: the Good, Bad and Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back