Review Dees v West Horsham Port: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

My friends, this is going to be uglier than the Race of the Three Legged Dogs. They owe us. Form in August is everything: Poort have it in spades. Anything less than a 50 point pumping would be a godsend. But the end if not yet. Poort by 85 points and the Devil take us all . . .

This season is finally over

Animated GIF

Can't fault the effort, but we never looked like we were going to kick a winning score.

Good:

• Probably Tholstrup's best game for us, but damn that was a costly miss. Billings was also okay, but he should have kicked a goal just before that as well.
  • Pickett was great, but really is our only dangerous forward.
  • Pressure and tackling intensity was top notch all night. Won the contested possessions and were close on the clearances for a change as well.
  • Gawn, ANB, Viney all pretty good. Turner and Petty took a few marks between them.

Bad:

• Lever had a shocker.
  • Lack of composure in the last 10 minutes or so. We might have just been gassed, though.
  • Melksham should have started on the ground.

Ugly:

• Oliver's game / season.
  • Letting JHF run around on his own at half back for the last 5 minutes of the game.
  • Now 1-6 in our last seven games decided by a goal or less (the only win coming against NM).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't fault the effort, but we never looked like we were going to kick a winning score.

Good:

• Probably Tholstrup's best game for us, but damn that was a costly miss. Billings was also okay, but he should have kicked a goal just before that as well.
  • Pickett was great, but really is our only dangerous forward.
  • Pressure and tackling intensity was top notch all night. Won the contested possessions and were close on the clearances for a change as well.
  • Gawn, ANB, Viney all pretty good. Turner and Petty took a few marks between them.

Bad:

• Lever had a shocker.
  • Lack of composure in the last 10 minutes or so. We might have just been gassed, though.
  • Melksham should have started on the ground.

Ugly:

• Oliver's game / season.
  • Letting JHF run around on his own at half back for the last 5 minutes of the game.
  • Now 1-6 in our last seven games decided by a goal or less (the only win coming against NM).

I thought Tholstrup was shocking

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His game against West Coast was 10x better lol

That was really good actually, came really close to winning but did just enough to get that nice First Round Draft Pick.
Which we’ll give up for Dan Houston and then expect him to play key defence or some stupid shit.

He was. Outside a game vs a horrible West Coast team hes looked exactly what I dreaded he was at draft time, Sparrow 2.0

Pick 6 and Jack Billings for Dan Houston, that's not too bad!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v West Horsham Port: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back