Review Dees v West Horsham Port: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Before we'd started trading we would have asked WC the price. We would have known fairly early they weren't budging so I think in the end we were happy to trade up.
Teams would say all sorts of outlandish shit though when asked what's the price to see how desperate you are, I think we were trying to put the best package together out of any club of the clubs interested so if West Coast wanted to move off Reid we were in the box seat.

Teams would say all sorts of outlandish shit though when asked what's the price to see how desperate you are, I think we were trying to put the best package together out of any club of the clubs interested so if West Coast wanted to move off Reid we were in the box seat.
Maybe guess I ****ing wouldn't no shit but I reckon we still were happy to trade up anyway, we've done it most years. Reckon we would have given up 6 and 13 for 3 if we could have etc.

How many easy goal scoring opportunities where unfulfilled, by both sides?

We traded up in the draft to try and get Reid. When that didn't work we made the most of it. Unfortunately it looks like this may be a rare recent occasion where we drafted the wrong guy.

"rare recent occassion we drafted the wrong guy".

Matt Jefferson and Bill Laurie send their regards.

"rare recent occassion we drafted the wrong guy".

Matt Jefferson and Bill Laurie send their regards.
Eh, Taylor still has a very good hit rate. One of the few at the club that actually achieves in his role.

Ugly: Other supporters crapping on Dees supporters on socials and Reddit for 17k attendance. The finger should be pointed at the club not the fans.

Most people have limited time and money. With those resources they make a judgement in what is worth their while to be entertained. Melbourne does not play entertaining footy. It's putrid and boring. It's no wonder people are voting with their feet and deciding not to bother attending.

Ugly: Other supporters crapping on Dees supporters on socials and Reddit for 17k attendance. The finger should be pointed at the club not the fans.

Most people have limited time and money. With those resources they make a judgement in what is worth their while to be entertained. Melbourne does not play entertaining footy. It's putrid and boring. It's no wonder people are voting with their feet and deciding not to bother attending.
If a tv series you like turns to shit you aren't forced to watch it out of loyalty. It's an entertainment product, we are anything but.

I'll give you Laurie. Jefferson could be anything, let's at least give him a go in the seniors for a while before rushing to judgement.
Considering we have defenders playing forward I'd say it's looking bloody unlikely Jefferson does anything

I'll give you Laurie. Jefferson could be anything, let's at least give him a go in the seniors for a while before rushing to judgement.
Always prudent to look at who was drafted after the so-called 'busts', too.

Besides Gulden in 2020 (academy) and Weddle and Jones in 2022, there are hardly any players who have been what you would call successful picks.

1000017413.jpg 1000017415.jpg

Don't let that influence the narrative though.

If a tv series you like turns to shit you aren't forced to watch it out of loyalty. It's an entertainment product, we are anything but.
Exactly. I'm a star wars nerd and started watching that Acolyte show recently. I got 5 episodes in and I thought it was trash, so didn't before watching any more.

Probably should have done the same with watching Dees footy this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO HARVEST SNAPS. :madv1: :madv1: But boy oh boy was I excited and ready to MAKE SOME NOISE because it was RETRO ROUND! :laughv1: Everything 90s except for the high scoring entertaining footy.

Robbo interviewed Windsor, who loves movies and his favourite movie of all time is Harry Potter. Who could say which one?:confusedv1:

YOPRO BALL ROLLER was a farce. The fix was in and the bloke let his lady win...but then he proposed. Love was in the air, and she said yes.:love::love:

During the MACARENA at half time one scallywag pretended to ejaculate when on the big screen. :eekv1::eekv1:

DEMON DASH was a disaster, 10m head start not enough against Langdon.:thumbsdownv1:

Outside the ground someone yelled out SACK GOODWIN and I fist bumped him.

We kicked 7 goals for the game. All 17867 went home filled with DEMON SPIRIT.:sickv1:

That will be the last ATG for 2024 from your friendly reporter, Demon Attack.
Came here searching for this.

Delivered.

NO HARVEST SNAPS. :madv1: :madv1: But boy oh boy was I excited and ready to MAKE SOME NOISE because it was RETRO ROUND! :laughv1: Everything 90s except for the high scoring entertaining footy.

Robbo interviewed Windsor, who loves movies and his favourite movie of all time is Harry Potter. Who could say which one?:confusedv1:

YOPRO BALL ROLLER was a farce. The fix was in and the bloke let his lady win...but then he proposed. Love was in the air, and she said yes.:love::love:

During the MACARENA at half time one scallywag pretended to ejaculate when on the big screen. :eekv1::eekv1:

DEMON DASH was a disaster, 10m head start not enough against Langdon.:thumbsdownv1:

Outside the ground someone yelled out SACK GOODWIN and I fist bumped him.

We kicked 7 goals for the game. All 17867 went home filled with DEMON SPIRIT.:sickv1:

That will be the last ATG for 2024 from your friendly reporter, Demon Attack.
This is the kind of content I come here for on the after game threads.

We traded up in the draft to try and get Reid. When that didn't work we made the most of it. Unfortunately it looks like this may be a rare recent occasion where we drafted the wrong guy.
We were never getting Reid with what Lamb did. Did he really believe we were a chance with our draft hand? Tholstrup looks OK. First year player. Shown enough I reckon. Not sure what else we could have picked up if we held on to our original hand,but I'm happy enough with what Tholstrup has shown. Potential for midfield and leadership. Too early to call

Ironically if WCE had known we were going to be so shit this season they may have traded Reid.

Picks 6, 6 and 11 suddenly doesn’t look so bad for pick 1

this type of crap from the "Whats your excuse?" thread on DL really grinds my gears, so ****ing stupid. A lot of supporters couldn't care about winning (or losing for that matter) or playing finals, its the lack of entertainment thats killed it for so many of us. Goodwin has sucked the enjoyment out of winning, winning does nothing for me, in fact it makes me mad, Id much rather lose than Goody get positive reinforcement for his boring ****ing 58 def 56 crap.

Screen Shot 2024-08-11 at 11.50.47 am.png

It's not 2005 now where Saturday afternoon was either footy or some weird lifestyle show on SBS. There are so many better things to do with your life than sit through a game of AFL footy that's been robot ****ed to within an inch of its life to now resemble a mix of markers up and netball.

It's not 2005 now where Saturday afternoon was either footy or some weird lifestyle show on SBS. There are so many better things to do with your life than sit through a game of AFL footy that's been robot ****ed to within an inch of its life to now resemble a mix of markers up and netball.
I still find AFL entertaining. Just not when Melbourne is playing.

Always prudent to look at who was drafted after the so-called 'busts', too.

Besides Gulden in 2020 (academy) and Weddle and Jones in 2022, there are hardly any players who have been what you would call successful picks.

View attachment 2075419View attachment 2075421

Don't let that influence the narrative though.

Just as an aside Ollie Lord is the sleeper in all the above I feel. He is the kind of player I would not mind Melbourne going after. I doubt Port will trade him out though.

Just as an aside Ollie Lord is the sleeper in all the above I feel. He is the kind of player I would not mind Melbourne going after. I doubt Port will trade him out though.
Yeah, there's something to work with there.

Still mad that Geelong snuck ahead of us with Holmes in 2020, haha.

We should have subbed Oliver last night. Would have sent the right message to the rest of the group and he was the biggest liability out there.

Keeping him on was not protecting him from scrutiny (which goody would do) and instead opened him up for more. The commentators seen it, it was highlighted post game, plus Cornes and co torched him this morning on 'the round so far'. I expect more Monday night - it will be a big week of it I think. Bloody in the water type stuff.

Only thing that might save him is so many things have happened this round already. Namely:
  • McRae's big sook ay the umpires was a disgrace - maybe focus on how you keep giving up big leads instead of claiming credit for close wins (after giving up a big lead or falling a long way behind).
  • Essendon choking again. Fun fact, Last 3 teams to lose by a kick after the siren and are all Essendon (last night, port and blues in previous years, lol).

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v West Horsham Port: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back