Review Dees v West Horsham Port: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on the JVR subbing.

I reckon he might have been crook. He looked a step slow all night, both physically and mentally, especially when the ball hit the deck.

Props for the kid putting in the effort he did, reckon he gave everything he had and was just cooked. Sub decision already would have been made before he took that mark.

Still would have subbed Oliver instead.

this type of crap from the "Whats your excuse?" thread on DL really grinds my gears, so ****ing stupid. A lot of supporters couldn't care about winning (or losing for that matter) or playing finals, its the lack of entertainment thats killed it for so many of us. Goodwin has sucked the enjoyment out of winning, winning does nothing for me, in fact it makes me mad, Id much rather lose than Goody get positive reinforcement for his boring ****ing 58 def 56 crap.

View attachment 2075446

Totally agree.

I’ll be honest, in the last two years I’ve attended four games. In the 2014-2016 period when we went from bottom 4 to bottom 10 I was attending 6+ games a year.

There is no joy watching us now at all. When the team was crap when Roos came in obviously I scaled back expectation but I could see there was a clear plan in what we were trying to do with what we had available. I scaled back expectations mid this year and I’ve still been really disappointed that we’ve actually gotten WORSE from a gameplan perspective. If Goody can’t try and be a bit more offensive with his gameplan in a year he can literally blame on injuries he never will long term and the crowds will continue to drop off.

Seriously, **** the ‘what’s your excuse’ people. I guarantee 95% of the people on here have given thousands to the club over a long period of time, life is too short and expensive for people just to keep giving the club money when the club itself doesn’t want to improve.

Totally agree.

I’ll be honest, in the last two years I’ve attended four games. In the 2014-2016 period when we went from bottom 4 to bottom 10 I was attending 6+ games a year.

There is no joy watching us now at all. When the team was crap when Roos came in obviously I scaled back expectation but I could see there was a clear plan in what we were trying to do with what we had available. I scaled back expectations mid this year and I’ve still been really disappointed that we’ve actually gotten WORSE from a gameplan perspective. If Goody can’t try and be a bit more offensive with his gameplan in a year he can literally blame on injuries he never will long term and the crowds will continue to drop off.

Seriously, **** the ‘what’s your excuse’ people. I guarantee 95% of the people on here have given thousands to the club over a long period of time, life is too short and expensive for people just to keep giving the club money when the club itself doesn’t want to improve.

But you're just not a true fan unless you go to every single game, in head to toe red and blue, enjoy and "be grateful" for awful football, cheer for sub-par performances, genuinely waste significant chunks of your free time being miserable at the ground, and cheerlead for players even when they stink it up repeatedly.

YOU'RE the problem. CHEER LOUDER DAMN IT.

Just Clark just said on mmm we would pay 2 firsts for Houston happily if we get a future second back

Sounds like Lamb is readying to pat himself on the back again for “getting the deal done”

Pick 6 and a top 5 pick in 2025 for Houston and a pick 35 is comical.

Will set us back 10 years like the Tim Kelly trade or the Bryce Gibbs trade.

Sounds like Lamb is readying to pat himself on the back again for “getting the deal done”

Pick 6 and a top 5 pick in 2025 for Houston and a pick 35 is comical.

Will set us back 10 years like the Tim Kelly trade or the Bryce Gibbs trade.
You think port is going to lose the grand final next year?

Dismal game of footy. Had hoped Port would put us to the sword but our contest-defence was good enough to turn the game into slop.

Saw McVee at a couple of centre bounces, but seemed only very briefly he was on ball.

Clarry v poor (duh) and Houston didn't show anything like being worth 2x firsts. Kolt sloppy (although not gonna write him off from that game).
Just nothing fun to be excited about. Kozzy had some great moments but felt a struggle to get those even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny thing is I wouldn't be surprised if this happens.

That would just about me done as a Melbourne supporter.
I'm not gonna go and say it's fact just cause it's being reported but the way the media is talking about it as done de is worrying because I bet we've already talked a price with port

I'm not gonna go and say it's fact just cause it's being reported but the way the media is talking about it as done de is worrying because I bet we've already talked a price with port
Clark's Melbourne goss is usually spot on, unfortunately.

Clark's Melbourne goss is usually spot on, unfortunately.
I know and it's not like speculation, it sounds like he's already at Melbourne basically like Jackson and Freo.

My guess is we back ourselves to finish top 4 next year so 6 and 14 with 25/26 coming back

Still horrible. I can only imagine how bad our list is in 2 years

I know and it's not like speculation, it sounds like he's already at Melbourne basically like Jackson and Freo.

My guess is we back ourselves to finish top 4 next year so 6 and 14 with 25/26 coming back

Still horrible. I can only imagine how bad our list is in 2 years

We ain’t making top 4 next year. Closer to bottom 4 would be my guess.

Probably end up giving equivalent of 2 x top 5 picks for a 28 year old bloke who will fall off a cliff when Tassie joins the comp.

Ugly: Other supporters crapping on Dees supporters on socials and Reddit for 17k attendance. The finger should be pointed at the club not the fans.

Most people have limited time and money. With those resources they make a judgement in what is worth their while to be entertained. Melbourne does not play entertaining footy. It's putrid and boring. It's no wonder people are voting with their feet and deciding not to bother attending.
I went down to Halls Gap for the weekend and went for a walk in the Grampians, was out Saturday night when we played GWS at the G, had a great time. The weekends are simply to short to us watch us play, we’re a crap product, would rather throw a movie on that watch us play atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Dees v West Horsham Port: the Good, Bad & Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back