List Mgmt. Draft Needs 2018 #2: Rankine / Lukosius / Rozee / Hately, I'm knocking Woodcock out the box, daily!

Predict the Adelaide board's melt level after the draft

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can’t lump every slow player with an iffy kick with Matt a Crouch though. That boy knows how to find it like no other. Hately doesn’t strike me as that kind of accumulator.
Well according to BF, Hatley is not much of anything:
Can't kick
Can't run
Can't get hold of the footy.

Maybe he'll get lucky and get picked up in the rookie draft.

Well according to BF, Hatley is not much of anything:
Can't kick
Can't run
Can't get hold of the footy.

Maybe he'll get lucky and get picked up in the rookie draft.

Not many think that way. One or two I think. Most have him just outside top 10.

For me I have him about 13 and I’d take him before Clark. That’s a fair rap as far as I’m concerned. I would take him expecting him to be a ripper in the same vein as Milera, Smith, Doedee, Lever, Fogarty etc. We haven’t missed with a pick like that for a long, long time.

There’s no way port don’t pick Rozee in this situation. Caldwell to GC, well probably end up with king
That would be great, to end up with Ben King !!

Bookmark it.

There will be draft night action. Adelaide will be involved and we will get one of the big 3.

My mail was we have offered 8 and 16 and they have countered with 8 13.

I’m happy with giving up 2 pieces for 1. Any more would be a stretch. If we keep 13 we’re and outside shot at Hatley.

Suspect we meet in the middle. It's what I've been predicting for a while.

AFC (8+16+21) for GC (3+24)

Net result:

AFC: 3, 13, 24
GC: 2, 6, 8, 16, 21, 29

Imagine that draft hand regardless of what we have now. It's sensational.

It's no coincidence we have 4 top 21 picks this year, we must want one or two of these guys bad.

Last edited:
This simply re-inforces that clubs DO Draft for needs, even in the first round

“It was a game-changer because (three years later) the board felt quite embarrassed by it all and thought ‘something needs to change here and we’ve got to let the recruiting manager and recruiting team have a far greater say (in drafting)’.”

Fantasia said the club interviewed Angwin formally three times and informally on another six occasions in the lead-up to the 2000 draft.

af79f83929aadeeeea91a84d95199e12

James Fantasia, pictured in 2005 during his time as Adelaide Crows’ recruiting manager.
Crows officials knew there were some question marks over Angwin’s off-field commitment but they were not enough to sway the club from selecting him.

“We were fairly desperate for that key forward/ruck, Rehnny was about to leave and (Angwin) was easily the best kid for his size who could play both those roles,” Fantasia said.

“Laurence far exceeded Kane Cornes with his natural talent and potential … but there was no doubt he had a high risk, whereas Kane had little risk at all in our view.”

Did you even read the article??!

You claim that it supports your view that clubs draft for need, not best available, by looking back 18 years ago when we picked the higher talented kid?????

That is literally the opposite of what you are arguing

This simply re-inforces that clubs DO Draft for needs, even in the first round

“It was a game-changer because (three years later) the board felt quite embarrassed by it all and thought ‘something needs to change here and we’ve got to let the recruiting manager and recruiting team have a far greater say (in drafting)’.”

Fantasia said the club interviewed Angwin formally three times and informally on another six occasions in the lead-up to the 2000 draft.

af79f83929aadeeeea91a84d95199e12

James Fantasia, pictured in 2005 during his time as Adelaide Crows’ recruiting manager.
Crows officials knew there were some question marks over Angwin’s off-field commitment but they were not enough to sway the club from selecting him.

“We were fairly desperate for that key forward/ruck, Rehnny was about to leave and (Angwin) was easily the best kid for his size who could play both those roles,” Fantasia said.

“Laurence far exceeded Kane Cornes with his natural talent and potential … but there was no doubt he had a high risk, whereas Kane had little risk at all in our view.”
Our draft from hell that year. Our picks could have had all of Burgoyne, Kornes Drew Petrie. Instead we picked ???

*Cough * Greenwood *cough*
Not sure if this board has ever overrated a 17 disposal 2 mark player as much as Greenwood.

And don't say yeah but he tackles a bit. Tackling is what mids do when they're standing next to the ball but get to it last. Mids getting tackle stats is easier than back flankers getting cheapies on the way out

By the way the best Players and match winners in the AFL doesn't always come from the top 5 players in the draft.
Not always but that's where you do your shopping for a Dusty, Hodge, Buddy, Pendlebury, Gaff etc.

I.e. guys with elite game winning attributes who can kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good friend of mine believes we are highly keen on tom sparrow as a later pick

I posted this a few weeks ago but last night he backed this in again.. same person told me we had strong interest in doedee

In his opinion he believes we wont trade up the draft and will pick the best availible dispite what state the player comes from. He told me dont be suprised if we get one of the Kings

Next off the ranks, i beleive 2 clubs have shown interest in Grigg Port & Bulldogs but its unlikely he will leave the Redlegs due to his fathers health

Not sure if this board has ever overrated a 17 disposal 2 mark player as much as Greenwood.

And don't say yeah but he tackles a bit. Tackling is what mids do when they're standing next to the ball but get to it last. Mids getting tackle stats is easier than back flankers getting cheapies on the way out
Not sure if serious

Greenwood has shown loads of promise given where he's come from, his lack of fitness and AFL experience. I think people are judging him on that and expecting a linear rise. It will be interesting to see how he goes next season.

A good friend of mine believes we are highly keen on tom sparrow as a later pick

I posted this a few weeks ago but last night he backed this in again.. same person told me we had strong interest in doedee

In his opinion he believes we wont trade up the draft and will pick the best availible dispite what state the player comes from. He told me dont be suprised if we get one of the Kings

Next off the ranks, i beleive 2 clubs have shown interest in Grigg Port & Bulldogs but its unlikely he will leave the Redlegs due to his fathers health
We don't have a late pick until 70 odd though right?

Friday could be very interesting too.

We are in a great position with pick 21. I think it is the first pick on Friday which means we have all night to field offers from teams that want a certain player at 21.

We could end up swapping it with a team like the dogs

We could end up doing something like pick 21 for 27 and 32

I guess with drafting you are not drafting for the now most of the time so I wouldn’t be disappointed but I would question how he and Matt crouch play in the same side

His footy IQ is outstanding and think he can be a very good player , prob suits others as you say more than us . That kicking on both sides and decision making is sublime

I actually think he’s the most underrated of all the SA players , rather than Hately

Just prob doesn’t suit as long as we have Matt Crouch
Easily. ................As previously stated IMO he is a step up from Dougy, Dougy to SANFL, Jacko into his role of HF provides another link option with Lynch plus loves a tackle

Friday could be very interesting too.

We are in a great position with pick 21. I think it is the first pick on Friday which means we have all night to field offers from teams that want a certain player at 21.

My understanding is Day 2 starts off with end of round 1 WCE pick 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back