Essendon and their failed rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
y

You mean the player who has been injured for a combined 5 years? Oh yes, people might misunderstand your statement when you don't clarify the player hasn't even been on the ground to compete with your player.

have you ever considered the possibility that he just isnt any good?

What a shit thread. Essendon were playing for top spot on the ladder 2 weeks ago.

and have fallen away right on cue like every other year

So 3 losses in a row = a failed rebuild? lol, well done.

Same number of wins as Richmond who are apparently a successful rebuild = a failed rebuild? lol, well done.

No I don't agree, because we just got him this year for a 70+ pick.
So the fact that he was taken with a low pick makes him good?

Ninthmond have been on cue for the last 30 years.

Is this how you play?

But are going to play finals this year

Essendon probably will be banned from finals, but are incapable of winning a final anyway if they aren't.

you mean the guy who has barely played this year (mostly as only the sub) and who played on the weekend only because all of king, edwards and arnott were injured?
Yes, that hack.

Which is the same situation for us and Gumbleton - only gets games when other people are injured. UpGutts seemed to imply that we're still pinning our hopes on Gumbleton coming good.

95% of you guys had us out of the eight at the start of the year.

we've won 13 games so far in less than ideal circumstances to say the least.

think you'll find 2013 has been our best year in terms of matches won in close to decade. but yeah, rebuild failed, throw out the baby with the bathwater richmond style.

Well that doesn't really say much considering we have one of the worst forward lines in the league.

Plenty of ability there but none of the talls have really 'clicked'. Crameri leads the goalkicking and there's talk of a trade to the Dogs, Bellchambers is second and a stop-gap. Hurley produces up forward in fits and starts. Gumbleton's a brittle talent, Ryder's gone into the ruck, Carlisle's a pinch-hitter, Hille's finished. Daniher has obvious talent and is the great white hope.

People are critical of low tallies winning the Coleman, but there just aren't many good tall forwards around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

95% of you guys had us out of the eight at the start of the year.

we've won 13 games so far in less than ideal circumstances to say the least.

think you'll find 2013 has been our best year in terms of matches won in close to decade. but yeah, rebuild failed, throw out the baby with the bathwater richmond style.

so you're happy with Hird?

Good sound investment?

Resign? 5 year deal ?

Previous years definitely, but I think this year is because of ASADA....Could be a blessing in disguise to strip our points cause we're cooked.

The only other excuse I can think of is that there has been a big training load in order to prepare us for finals*.. The next 3 weeks will tell.

Previous years definitely, but I think this year is because of ASADA....Could be a blessing in disguise to strip our points cause we're cooked.

The only other excuse I can think of is that there has been a big training load in order to prepare us for finals*.. The next 3 weeks will tell.

congratulations on coming full circle.

Will it be a blessing in disguise if Hird is sacked?

I think the answer has to be yes.

So the fact that he was taken with a low pick makes him good?
Because I disagree that he is terrible player doesn't mean I think he is a gun. He is an ok 70+ pick player, playing his first AFL season from across the other side of the country, able to make his way into the team a few times and also seems to work hard from all reports. Sorry he didn't make All Australian for you.

Not sure what you're taking offence at. :confused:

I think he id offended by you using the word pinch hitter on carlisle, when Hird has destroyed his chance of being all australian by throwing up forward, which has resulted in Carlisle getting 7 goals kicked on him by an 18 yr old, playing in one of the worse AFL teams in history.

Its all because of the messiah complex.

calling a 21 year old kpp who was touted as AA for much of the year, who's yet to play 50 games a 'pinch-hitter'.

As a forward, he is. Inarguably.

All of those players have shown above-average ability at times, but none are star forwards.

Plenty of ability there but none of the talls have really 'clicked'. Crameri leads the goalkicking and there's talk of a trade to the Dogs, Bellchambers is second and a stop-gap. Hurley produces up forward in fits and starts. Gumbleton's a brittle talent, Ryder's gone into the ruck, Carlisle's a pinch-hitter, Hille's finished. Daniher has obvious talent and is the great white hope.

People are critical of low tallies winning the Coleman, but there just aren't many good tall forwards around.
Agree with most of that. Doesn't help that it's usually a revolving door at the selection table because half of them (including med/smalls like Winderlich) get injured every 2nd week. Crameri isn't even getting a game at the moment.

If we can find a good goalsneak small forward, let Daniher develop the way he's expected to, move Hurley down back where he belongs, and bring in a forward coach who actually played as a forward we should be alright. But it's most definitely our achilles heel at the moment, and it's costing us games.

Ok, this thread smells strongly of a concerted effort to troll.
There is a board for this sort of stuff. it's called Bay 13 and I suggest you use it if you want to have some fun at other's expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back