Essendon and their failed rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol ok lets all bag Essendon because their going to make the 8 and have looked like making the four for most of the season. Do you know how stupid that sounds?

And your argument that their fans claimed they were top four locks runs very thin. Why are the opinions of supporters so relevant all of a sudden? And even if they were, shouldn't Richmond's "rebuild" be a failure because I've heard just as many if not more Richmond supporters talking up their chances of making the four this season.

Honestly the reactionary trolling by Richmond supporters to Lance's threads is pathetic. At least a few of his threads have some merit. To say Essendon have failed in their rebuild is laughable and I'm embarrassed for you :D

OBJECTION.
What a load of bollocks.
Most Richmond fans have us around 6th spot.
I know I pencilled in 6th before the start of the year.

Don't worry if we really improve Eddie can bring out some "birthday presents" for his team to fire them up. :p

Vickery. Pick 8

LOL:D

Pick 8 who keeps getting dropped, no doubt you'll trade him to Adelaide in 4 years when your club catches up to the rest of the comp and realises he just aint any good.

He hasn't been dropped in 3 years.

images

Essendon were looking like premiership contenders barely a month ago, I think the Richmond fans here are really underestimating their list.

Heppell, Hibberd, Hooker and Carlisle are breaking into elite level this year IMO and these guys are 23 years old and younger.

If you ask me, I think you'll need to wait at least a few more years before calling their rebuild a "failure".

What a shit thread. Essendon were playing for top spot on the ladder 2 weeks ago.

Yep and only deluded fans and media folk actually bought into the idea they were any good. Bombers are a middle of the road side who capitalised on an easy draw.

Aren't you still gifting games to hacks like Robin Nahas?

It's taken Hardwick 4 years to do what Hird did in 1.

Isn't that the same limited footballer who has kicked more goals than Alwyn Davey both in 2011 and 2012?

Gee, that says it all when Davey has played more games than Nahas this year despite Nahas being the better player. Obviously talent isn't exactly in great supply down Windy Hill way is it!

When you throw in guys like Melksham, Hurley, Kommer and half a dozen overs, it's actually rather embarrassing :oops:

so you're happy with Hird?

Good sound investment?

Resign? 5 year deal ?
Pretty much. It's the best team we've had since 2002. And no, we don't eat our own like Richmond has historically, and there's no need for a meltdown losing 3 games in difficult circumstances.

But yes, the final half of the season is a massive concern, no doubt. Hopefully with patience it'll rectify itself very soon. That and getting a functional forward line happening. I hold hope for Hurley but he's been disappointing up forward so I don't know what his future will be :)

Forward-line is talented but somewhat dysfunctional, Midfield goes alright, Defense is pretty nice and good Ruck stocks

They need Hurley/Daniher to come in next season and kick about 60. Kommer/Dell'olio one of them wont be there in the long term. They lack a good small forward, Crameri is ok as a medium tall but not as any sort of crummer. Monfies they reallly could use right now.

And also the whole drugs thing is a big kick, They've failed in august for like the 3rd year in a row.

More chance of Melksham winning the Brownlow to be honest. Hurley has shown nothing to suggest he will ever be a decent (let alone quality KPF). Danniher might be a player one day but hasn't exactly set the world on fire in his handful of games so it's unlikely he would suddenly explode into a premier forward.

They have some good KPD stocks and ruck depth but looking at the rest of the team, it's hard to see much upside.

Pretty much. It's the best team we've had since 2002. And no, we don't eat our own like Richmond has historically, and there's no need for a meltdown losing 3 games in difficult circumstances.

But yes, the final half of the season is a massive concern, no doubt. Hopefully with patience it'll rectify itself very soon. That and getting a functional forward line happening. I hold hope for Hurley but he's been disappointing up forward so I don't know what his future will be :)

The team Knights put together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More evidence then him.

Well playing GWS twice would certainly be welcome!

The only other top 8 teams to get that this year are Sydney (fair enough given they want to build the rivalry up) and Port (who not many would have predicted to have the season they are having). Every other team in the 8 hasn't had the benefit of 2 easy wins and a healthy percentage boost (which as we've seen can influence who finishes top 4, top 8 and who gets home finals).

Essendon were looking like premiership contenders barely a month ago, I think the Richmond fans here are really underestimating their list.

Heppell, Hibberd, Hooker and Carlisle are breaking into elite level this year IMO and these guys are 23 years old and younger.

If you ask me, I think you'll need to wait at least a few more years before calling their rebuild a "failure".
I completely agree with your post, just wanted to point out though that Hooker is in fact 24, Hibberd is 23 and both Heppell and Carlisle are both 21. You're completely correct though, and I'm probably just being pedantic. But they are all still very young

troll thread. nuff said.

Isn't that the same limited footballer who has kicked more goals than Alwyn Davey both in 2011 and 2012?

Gee, that says it all when Davey has played more games than Nahas this year despite Nahas being the better player. Obviously talent isn't exactly in great supply down Windy Hill way is it!

When you throw in guys like Melksham, Hurley, Kommer and half a dozen overs, it's actually rather embarrassing :oops:
Firstly, we don't have a suitable replacement that can play Davey's role. Poor I know, but our forward line is our biggest weakness.

Secondly, we are trying to get him to 100 games so we can potentially pick up any of his 30 kids under the father/son rule if they turn out to be decent footballers in 15 years time.

Thirdly, Hurley is not an embarrassingly bad player, Melksham is slowly improving, Kommer is decidedly mediocre and only gets games because, once again, we have a shit forward line. Don't pretend that Richmond don't play shithacks either. Astbury, Petterd, A.Edwards, King - Dan Jackson would be leading your BnF ffs.

Tiger supporters getting chirpy.

They have come to a moment where they are doing alright, and are so used to eating their own people and spitting them out that they feel lost.

Firstly, we don't have a suitable replacement that can play Davey's role. Poor I know, but our forward line is our biggest weakness.

Secondly, we are trying to get him to 100 games so we can potentially pick up any of his 30 kids under the father/son rule if they turn out to be decent footballers in 15 years time.

Thirdly, Hurley is not an embarrassingly bad player, Melksham is slowly improving, Kommer is decidedly mediocre and only gets games because, once again, we have a shit forward line. Don't pretend that Richmond don't play shithacks either. Astbury, Petterd, A.Edwards, King - Dan Jackson would be leading your BnF ffs.

If you don't have a replacement for Davey, Nahas should be free this off season - he'd be a shrewd addition for you guys.

Smart move trying to tap into his potential value as a future F/S pipeline but doesn't that suggest you are gifting him games/encouraging mediocrity? I for one am happy Dimma has said that we are no longer

Trust me Jobe, Hurley is pretty bad and is a long way off being even just a competent KPF let along one that can help you challenge for a flag one day. He should be a back as that is where he is at his best. Melksham hasn't improved since he was drafted. He's just a turnover merchant with poor skills and no pace.

As you say, we do have a few average players on the list of the guys you mentioned, Petterd and A.Edwards are both depth and not best 22. Astbury is also depth but like Gumbleton, has had a lot of injuries preventing him playing consistent football and King, while a limited player is a barometer for the side and brings a lot of forward pressure. He will most likely be replaced in our best 22 in the next 12-24 months as the younger guys start to earn a game.

Tiger supporters getting chirpy.

They have come to a moment where they are doing alright, and are so used to eating their own people and spitting them out that they feel lost.

Wouldn't say we are chirpy (though most of us are up and about!). We are merely taking an interest in our brothers in arms who wear a sash (albeit the wrong colour) on their jumper. After all, many of you guys seem to like providing critical analysis when the opportunity presents itself, we're just repaying the favour friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back