Essendon and their failed rebuild

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised we havent seen [user]Lance Uppercut[/user] here.

Surely his brand of reasoned discourse could add something to the topic? After all, he was claiming to be an expert on failed rebirths....
I've already posted in this thread, did you miss it?

I'll post again and add that imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery. Fairly clunky effort, not very subtle, but had a crack. And you don't see me whinging about trolling, do you?

They will make the finals within a few years, just gotta wait for them kids to get used to the 105kg bodies

That they obviously trained to get :p

I've already posted in this thread, did you miss it?

I'll post again and add that imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery. Fairly clunky effort, not very subtle, but had a crack. And you don't see me whinging about trolling, do you?

DO you reckon Roos will get the gig?

Huge upside if that happens.

Infact in some cruel way, it may all be worth it.

And also the whole drugs thing is a big kick, They've failed in august for like the 3rd year in a row.

tumblr_m7us2z0OlP1r60v6do1_500.gif

I compare the Essendon situation with that of richmond in 2003. Clinto Casey threw the keys to Greg Miller and he basically did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted and the club failed.

Essendon have done the same to Hird, the difference, they gave Hird a blank cheque and gave Hird absolute power to do a job, he has no experience in doing.

It may very well end the same way
Can only hope

Essendon will be an ordinary team for a very long time.. once they lose their draft picks they really have no decent young players other than carlile and danniher (unproven) and are in for a real struggle period

Deserve it though :thumbsu:

Essendon probably will be banned from finals, but are incapable of winning a final anyway if they aren't.

This website at the moment is just straight-up unreadable.

What a difference 3 weeks makes on Bigfooty.

Essendon are vying for top spot 3 weeks back.
Richmond can't beat the teams that matter.

Suddenly.

Richmond are world beaters.
Essendon can't possibly win a final.

This website at the moment is just straight-up unreadable.

What a difference 3 weeks makes on Bigfooty.

Essendon are vying for top spot 3 weeks back.
Richmond can't beat the teams that matter.

Suddenly.

Richmond are world beaters.
Essendon can't possibly win a final.

Yeah coz you're team is shot again at the business end of the season

Who have you beaten besides Freo ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got rid of our best player a few years ago! Houli..... that elite kicking!

Better than more than half the players on your current list

That's why golden child wanted to keep him

Better than more than half the players on your current list

That's why golden child wanted to keep him

not sure if serious

well he did help us beat you guys a few games back when he kicked to a old team mate :)
The three oldest teams in the league at the moment are Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney and we have been around the same spot with them all year cant be that bad of a rebuild specially with dealing with all the crap

when we have a working forward line cause really thats what our issue is which has a light at the end of the tunnel called Joe Daniher then we are away and our rebuild will look great

And yet we're still firmly entrenched in the 8 with this whole ASADA investigation having no doubt devastating effects on the playing group.

I'd be more concerned about round 23, especially considering your sides performance the last time we met. Could be the difference between playing a very poor side with a failed rebuild, or a side from Adelaide with a genuine shot at a flag.

:rolleyes:
That is a cop out- says a hell of a lot about the players if they are taking that onto the field. I ask most Bomber fans, if you personally were playing each week, would you even give the off field cr@p a second thought? I wouldn't, in any sport I have played, once on the field of play, you play to win no matter what is going on in the rest of your life (unless you are sick or carrying injury).

The fact that Hird et al are now spinning this rubbish is an insult, and just an excuse. It happened last few years as well, what was upsetting the poor boys then?

not sure if serious

well he did help us beat you guys a few games back when he kicked to a old team mate :)
The three oldest teams in the league at the moment are Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney and we have been around the same spot with them all year cant be that bad of a rebuild specially with dealing with all the crap

when we have a working forward line cause really thats what our issue is which has a light at the end of the tunnel called Joe Daniher then we are away and our rebuild will look great

I think Mcbean will be better

That is a cop out- says a hell of a lot about the players if they are taking that onto the field. I ask most Bomber fans, if you personally were playing each week, would you even give the off field cr@p a second thought? I wouldn't, in any sport I have played, once on the field of play, you play to win no matter what is going on in the rest of your life (unless you are sick or carrying injury).

The fact that Hird et al are now spinning this rubbish is an insult, and just an excuse. It happened last few years as well, what was upsetting the poor boys then?

What a complete and utter moronic thing to say.

Well when I have personal stuff going on, my work is ALWAYS effected. I'm going to say this is the case for most people.

Did you expect Hird to gut the list while GWS and Gold Coast dominate the drafts?

Hardwick has proved no more than Hird has. Richmond's best season in quite a while is just enough to match our good, but not great season. You cannot claim that Richmond's list will challenge for flags while ours won't.
Why not Jobe? Hardwick did

Of course you do. You are a Richmond supporter.

Have you seen him play? He has impressed as much as Daniher

Has kicked 36 goals and only played 1 more game than Daniher who has 29

Have you seen him play? He has impressed as much as Daniher

Has kicked 36 goals and only played 1 more game than Daniher who has 29

Yep. I've seen him play and really rate him. But it's a bit early to tell, who will be the better player. Let them both play 100 games, and then we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back