Autopsy Geelong defeated by Tigers by 31 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An average side does not win three flags in four years.
Well yeah, technically an average side is one that finished around eighth to tenth.

I'm talking about business end of the season. This side is no where near as good as the St Kilda and Collingwood teams we beat in GFs for example.

Honestly think with no Martin we actually win tonight.

Beyond disappointed. didnt play 4 quarters. had dejavu of the prelim tbh, didnt fire a shot in the 2nd half
Grats Richmond

Well played cats
You guys were the benchmark for so long and still are for sustained success
The result didn’t go your way tonight but your club is far to good for this to be the end
You will be at the pointy end again next year and I’ll never be confident When we line up against you guys

I love to hate you campaigners but it’s out of a place of total respect

We HAD THEM. But not on the scoreboard. We f’ed our chances. It’s OUR FAULT WE LOST THE FLAG.

By missing easy shots and not taking our ******* chances!!

That is criminal.

Rather lose by 25 goals than completely dominate a half , not take our chances, and crumble even the other side takes theirs is gut wrenching choking heart break.

Yeah I have to say it's a bit strange how comments they are about our inaccuracy tonight. Once again we failed to take our chances in a final. It's extraordinary how frequently this has happened over the last 10 years.

Haven't seen many comments about Hawkins but he again fluffed his lines tonight in front of goal.

Our opponent's accuracy over the course of the 2020 finals series: 32 goals and 21 behinds.

Our accuracy over the course of the 2020 finals series: 38 goals 46 behinds.

We didn’t win this year but we will learn and come back better next year, I believe. Richmond will be hard to stop while Martin is at the level he is at, if you can stop him then you’ll probably win a Premiership, was all class and basically won them another Flag.

I wish Gazza and Hazza all the best for the future. Champions of our club. Made us all proud.

F**k, love them or hate them, but that was classy as hell by Richmond to put a hold on their celebrations for a few minutes to form a guard of honour for the GOAT.

Also i hate Cotchin but spoke with a lot of respect for Geelong which was nice, didnt know he was a supporter growing up.

Hate coming second, absolutely hate it.

But if we were told we would in fact be runners up this time last year, after just losing arguably our best player at the time to a direct competitor for assets which would not help us in the short term, would we have taken it? Would we have laughed in the face of said person?

Be honest, perspective here

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its been a problem for a long long time - we don't handle pressure. Our 2007 team loved it and always rose to the occasion - this team panics and shrinks into their shells.. I mentioned a while back we need a psychologist - its so obvious that Richmond have so much belief and confidence. Ours comes and goes quicker than you can say hi.
Yep - our premiership teams of ‘07, ‘09, & ‘11 must be embarrassed by how these guys just fold under pressure - they were so good at soaking it up and then pushing back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We didn’t win this year but we will learn and come back better next year, I believe. Richmond will be hard to stop while Martin is at the level he is at, if you can stop him then you’ll probably win a Premiership, was all class and basically won them another Flag.

I wish Gazza and Hazza all the best for the future. Champions of our club. Made us all proud.

Might pay to put someone on him who's prepared to tackle

The guys who are 15-22 failed us again mostly. Too many passengers. Too many of these guys have one gear.

Keep making excuses, its all irrelevant, we exist to win premierships not lose Grand Finals.

A failure and nothing short of it. Shows why we need to stock up on old guys.

Yet it was our best player who couldn't rise to the occasion. Yes stats don't tell the whole story, but even when thrown back into the fire he wasn't what he should've been.

It is what it is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah I have to say it's a bit strange how comments they are about our inaccuracy tonight. Once again we failed to take our chances in a final. It's extraordinary how frequently this has happened over the last 10 years.

Haven't seen many comments about Hawkins but he again fluffed his lines tonight in front of goal.

Our opponent's accuracy over the course of the 2020 finals series: 32 goals and 21 behinds.

Our accuracy over the course of the 2020 finals series: 38 goals 46 behinds.

I wonder how it would look if you broke it down by set shot v in open play,

Pretty sure we only kicked 1 goal today that wasn't a set shot.

I thought Stanley and Blicavs would wear Nankervis down as the game went on, but the opposite happened. Richmond smashed us in the middle in the 2nd half, and Nankervis was a huge part of that.

Didn't really see much of Blicavs rucking around the ground, instead he seemed to be playing loose in defence during the second half - not sure if Stewart was being matched up on or we decided to go 2 spares back when they started to get some run, but it didn't work nor help us

We seemed to stop playing to our strengths and instead tried to stop Richmond playing to theirs

What's new. I said we'd never win a cup with Blicavs and it's true.... Trade him for Cameron. Why Hawkins always rush. Tigers always ball just bounce their way. No luck at all. Danger needs to be in midfeild more. Some old out will help next year. Just disappointing........

Terrible second half.Made even worse by a great first half. I knew they would come back harder, but it was like we didn't expect it or didn't plan for it, which is ridiculous. Going to take a while to get over this one.

Not sure what the consensus is here, but well done to Richmond. Dusty is a once in a generation player. Their will be statues of him at Punt rd. Well done to Chris Scott, one step better than last year but deep down I feel that was it. Selwood and Dangerfield not getting any younger. Wouldn’t be surprised if Sell gives up the captaincy. (Not sure who would be captain).

Rohan is a spud

Donr let anyone tell you otherwise

yep. High pressure game and he had 5 possessions at 40% efficiency. And if he didn’t always shit the bed in big games you’d forgive it. But he does. You could set your clock to Rohan shitting the bed in a big game. **** him off and play Krueger please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back