Autopsy Geelong loses to Demons by 4 points - Rd 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a very simple rule - time wasting

Punching the ball away when it's clearly out of bounds, tackling a player after they've taken a mark, kicking the ball away after a free kick has been paid to the opposition etc

It's not a new rule

They stop the clock when out of bounds. How was it wasting time?

The second quarter was an aberration - we aren't that good and they aren' that bad.

We needed more pace down back - may be Rohan could have been switched but Scott is not noted for imagination or flexibility.

Kicking it to Lever all last quarter wasn't a good idea. Henry should back himself to mark the ball, not punch.

The big picture is that we have been crippled by the loss of Stewart - and of course Tuohy and Duncan.

So gutted after that last quarter. Killed at centre bounce in last quarter. Comedy capers with Hendo cleaning up Cameron. Trying to save the game rather than win it. Steadied after early onslaught of goals. Then Guthrie's out on the full and Close's schoolboy petulance.

Well done to the dees. The cats really went into protection mode and got stung badly. The 50m was very dicey at the end but the cats probably got what they deserved by not attacking enough in that last quarter.

The Cameron Hendo crunch and the free when Danger was running into the 50 were bad luck. Either would have been enough to finish them off.

Oh well. Kind of a dead rubber. I think playing port is preferable to Brisbane.

I agree. I wasn't looking fwd to playing Brisbane and we can beat Port, crowds won't be at capacity I don't think?

We came and saw what we needed to see, and then we took the foot right off the pedal. No need to show the full bag of tricks.
I'm happy enough with that, looking forward to next week.

There's no way we put the cue in the rack, Melbourne got a run on and we played that last quarter awfully for such an experienced outfit.

What are you talking about you clown ?
Well I guess we will just wait and see, that was pathetic.

But do tell? name a worse performance by Geelong side then that. giving up a 44 point lead in 1 1/2 quarters with first place on the line.

The second quarter was an aberration - we aren't that good and they aren' that bad.

We needed more pace down back - may be Rohan could have been switched but Scott is not noted for imagination or flexibility.

Kicking it to Lever all last quarter wasn't a good idea. Henry should back himself to mark the ball, not punch.

The big picture is that we have been crippled by the loss of Stewart - and of course Tuohy and Duncan.

The last quarter was an aberration too - we spent most of it trying to find ways not to score.

The team was coasting and by the time they realised they had to pull their finger out it was too late.

It's not that they lost, it's the free boost to the Dees and "hey, we're not quite with it" message to the other 6 teams that I'm worried about.

Still, let's see what happens next week - it's a different game and we won there earlier in the year.

I've heard it all now. Not noted for his imagination or flexibility? Nearly every player on the list regularly plays at least two positions on the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 90s was different in that we made so many GFs and (obviously) won plenty of finals to get there.
we won nearly as many finals between 89-95 then Scott has in 2011-20. 8 to 9. Scott lost a hell of a lot more.

That was the dumbest quarter of football ive ever seen.
We did not even try to score and our best chance leads to a defender colliding with a forward.
Sideways, backwards, out on the full, 50.... so dumb.
Hopefully leads to a massive reality check.
it really was quite comical when you think about it.

that last qtr was as bad as the final season of game of thrones.

I agree. I wasn't looking fwd to playing Brisbane and we can beat Port, crowds won't be at capacity I don't think?

Much rather Brisbane. They barely got over West Coast who were missing a handful of their best.
They have a midget forward line and sole reliance on Daniher.
Their midfield is also one dimensional.

Port are in top form and have x factors like Duursma, Butters and Rozee who will chop Atkins, Bews and Kolodjashnij to pieces.

Nice one-game metaphor for Rhys Stanley's entire career. Does a decent job against one of the game's best ruckmen but when the game is on the line he's not at the one place he's supposed to be.

So reactionary on here. The same people who were saying it's our flag to lose an hour ago are now saying it's all over and we're out in straight sets.

Just calm down ladies and gents, it's never as good as it seems, and it's never as bad as it seems.

If there was a year to lose home ground advantage it was this one.

Reset, and bring on the ferals next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back