Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't deserve to win that. Allowed ourselves to be bullied all night. Also outworked, would have been a robbery to steal it.

Soligo & Dawson our best. Thought Jones was better tonight and looked more like last years version.

Nankervis had a stinker but we probably need to persist.

Cook, Gollant, McHenry should all be gone.

There's probably more to take away from the match but in the end our season is probably shot.
Sad Ben Affleck GIF

Turn the lights out. The party's over...

That was woeful, we have shit the bed at home again.

I think the Rachele bit is getting a bit overblown, it was bad don't get me wrong.

it was good to see Rankine, Rachele and Soligo in the guts , Rankine wasnt at his best, but as a mid he is clearly getting better.

I'm not sold on Borlase but we dont have many options, otherwise I think we are building a decent defensive unit (sans Smith)

It looks like last year was a false dawn, I hope we don't waste the rest of the season getting games into players who won't be here in 2025 and focus on building that midfield.

That was woeful, we have s**t the bed at home again.

I think the Rachele bit is getting a bit overblown, it was bad don't get me wrong.

it was good to see Rankine, Rachele and Soligo in the guts , Rankine wasnt at his best, but as a mid he is clearly getting better.

I'm not sold on Borlase but we dont have many options, otherwise I think we are building a decent defensive unit (sans Smith)

It looks like last year was a false dawn, I hope we don't waste the rest of the season getting games into players who won't be here in 2025 and focus on building that midfield.
Yeah this season is sunk. Future Proof now please.

Great: Soligo, Dawson
Good: Michalaney, Keane, Hinge
Average: Jones, Worrell, Keays, Walker, Hammil, Borlase
Bad: Laird, Rankine, Rachele, O'Brien, Nankervis, Sholl
Abysmal: Fogarty, Smith, Berry, Gollant, McHenry, Cook

Nicks found ways for the Crows to lose.
Exactly this. All he had to do was build off last week’s game, not go back to being so defensive.
He started well by having Dawson, Soligo and Rankine at the first bounce but that was about it.
The only thing I can think of is his waving the fly away, the runners misread the actions and thought he wanted more players behind the ball and around the stoppages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was impressed by how poorly we moved the ball out of the defensive 50, and thus giving Essendon repeated forward 50 entries, many they squandered. Delivering the ball to outnumbered contests where our targets couldn't take a contested mark to save their lives. Amazing tactics. What a mastermind Matthew Nicks is.

Over lap run, spread, 2 way, hell running in general is not Crows football. The receiver of the ball MUST BE STATIONARY!

Inviting pressure upon yourself is the key to success in football! GO NICKS!

Good:

Soligo. FMD his ability to get the ball off the ground

Rachele: Other than those two howlers

Dawson: slow start but was the key to getting us back

Rankine: very slow start but he works hard all match and always looks like he would do anything to win

Anything else??

I liked Keane, think he’s becoming solid for us, I don’t cringe as much when the ball is going into our defence.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Berry was good until he got injured

Berry in the average maybe good until he got injured
When did they make the switch?

He had some good moments (like Gollant) But I was basing that call under the impression he was on the ground for about 2.5qtrs.

If it was closer to 1.5 I will reassess.

I know I'm harping on this, but I really think this is representative of the shambles that we are.

Why did it even get to the point he did a fitness test?

It's the Tom Lynch sub stupidity all over again.
Nicks constantly backs in the senior guys telling everyone how much we need that experience to be successful. So with that, Smith is probably convincing himself he's doing the team thing by playing, even if he isn't physically up to it.

If only we had a ruckman who could take a mark. We continually kick long to ROB at the kick outs and he can't mark the ball. And we never have anyone front and centre to crumb off him, it is clear he is going to drop it at least get our runners in front of him to force a contest.

We are really missing Thilthorpe when we are coming out of defence, he is one of our only players that can take a contested mark.
I'm surprised the fact we have the worst marking ruckman in the competition doesn't get more comment.

I was impressed by how poorly we moved the ball out of the defensive 50, and thus giving Essendon repeated forward 50 entries, many they squandered. Delivering the ball to outnumbered contests where our targets couldn't take a contested mark to save their lives. Amazing tactics. What a mastermind Matthew Nicks is.

Over lap run, spread, 2 way, hell running in general is not Crows football. The receiver of the ball MUST BE STATIONARY!

Except for the 1st half of the 3rd quarter.

Long down the western wing, crows player drops mark, 3 bombers sweat on it and pump it back inside 50. All night. Didn't even look like changing things up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back