Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn’t it time to just be done with Laird in the middle. He’s not a midfielder! It’s done. Play him off half back where he belongs and can be effective.

He’s not a friggin mid
Not even sure he is good enough to play HB maybe if he is replacing Smith, but I'd rather pump games into the young guys atleast there is potential they get better

Rachele needs to spend a lot of time looking in the mirror
I know what you meant, but
I reckon he spends plenty of time admiring himself in the mirror.

He dropped 2 crucial marks tonight and should have nailed that snap, but I am not blaming him for the loss.

Nicks is the problem.

Can’t believe you lot. Rightful free kick paid, this whole thread would be on a different level, extolling the praise of the team.
Instead, we’re moping in the doldrums, demanding sackings, firings, throw out the bath water etc.
Yeah we could have played better. We still should’ve won though. We were robbed blind. Get hot under the collar about that.
Good teams find a way to win. We found a way to.
Numbers weren’t in our favour. Doesn’t matter. Should. Have. Won.
Umps f*ckd us. There’s history here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You've seen our kick in? That's why they got repeated inside 50s and shots on goal lol.
If only we had a ruckman who could take a mark. We continually kick long to ROB at the kick outs and he can't mark the ball. And we never have anyone front and centre to crumb off him, it is clear he is going to drop it at least get our runners in front of him to force a contest.

We are really missing Thilthorpe when we are coming out of defence, he is one of our only players that can take a contested mark.

Can’t believe you lot. Rightful free kick paid, this whole thread would be on a different level, extolling the praise of the team.
Instead, we’re moping in the doldrums, demanding sackings, firings, throw out the bath water etc.
Yeah we could have played better. We still should’ve won though. We were robbed blind. Get hot under the collar about that.

Sorry Mathew.

I think the problem goes deeper than the Nicks deficiencies that you've listed, about which you're certainly right.
SERIOUSLY:
I think there's a major disconnect between how the players want to play and what the clueless Nicks is telling them to do.

Furthermore, I don't think the players like it.

The Crows started with Nicks' dour defensive plan. It's garbage. It doesn't work.
It looked to me like the players took it on themselves to play run-on, back-their-instincts, free-flowing footy --- which they clearly enjoy and did effectively to the tune of 7 consecutive goals.
I don't think that was on Nicks' initiative.
So, they went from 21 down to 19 up (thanks dogs105 ;)).
My impression was after that Nicks sent out the word to protect that lead, or he changed the driving midfield mix which worked so well. Either way, the Crows reverted to their 0-4 (now 1-5) selves and ended up losing it on the back of some disastrous skill errors:
--- the Nankervis punch for them to goal
--- the Michalanney and Rachele dropped marks
--- Hinge's lack of awareness late, AND
--- McHenry's, Smith's and ROB's ineptitude.
+
--- Umpiring bias whose shatness is on a new level of Crows-opponents' favoritism.
Do you mean Nankervis’ dropped mark not Michalanney’s ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If only we had a ruckman who could take a mark. We continually kick long to ROB at the kick outs and he can't mark the ball. And we never have anyone front and centre to crumb off him, it is clear he is going to drop it at least get our runners in front of him to force a contest.

We are really missing Thilthorpe when we are coming out of defence, he is one of our only players that can take a contested mark.
Yeah our inability to exit the D50 has been a real issue all year now. As you say, no easy outlet marks and never seem to be able to win the ball once it comes down. We also rarely try anything more creative, just kick to ROB and cross fingers despite it working extremely rarely. Too predictable.

Wallpapering over the cracks with a robbery win is not what the club needs

Think I’m worried about is nicks the ******* will probably drop Nank. At least the kid was trying to take the game on. And no where near as fumbley as so many others.
Your right

And nank isn’t the player you drop when your 1-5 season shot and plenty of passengers.

He’s the guy your exposing and letting learn from experience and mistakes and, looking to get more of in of his type. He’s shown enough positive to outweigh the down moments

If the seasons wasted it may as well help us be better next year.

Sholl, McHenry, are guys we don’t need to see more of to know they’re not the future

People probably throw cook into the nank category but I’d be more forgiving of him going out if it was also for another development player as I’m not sure he makes it but the way the seasons going he probably deserves this block of games to become a 5 game block to find out a bit more

If it wasn't for the umpires we would be top 4 and a premiership threat

The only positives there was Soligo keeps on with his breakout season and Nankervis is made of the right stuff. Had a horror game but kept himself in the game.

No doubt some key calls went against us, but also the opportunity was there to win it and we didn't.

Other than that, I guess we're now just hoping for a better draft pick then when Welsh lands.

Nicks found ways for the Crows to lose. See Scorpus post on Page One.

No, the players did.

If Rachele takes that uncontested mark 20 out or our kicking was sharp enough to hit Nank on the lead, we win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back