Review Good, bad, the gallant shat loss - R4 vs Melbourne 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones can’t AFL
Disagree, with respect.
He showed last year that he can AFL, but whatever has afflicted most of the team over the pre-season has also got him.

Something, something serious, has happened in between end last year and the start of this year.
Some kind of disconnect between the players and/or
Burns as forwards Coach, seems to have stuffed them up, and/or
Nicks has lost them.

Given AFC's history of transparency and accountability, I doubt we'll ever find out except maybe a few years later via some tell-all player books.

Nicks press conference was terrible - no insight, no solutions, barely able to even recognise the problems. Answers that didn't make sense and directly contradicted themselves.

I think he's done.

What's the point of having Crouch in the team if he's attending only half the CBAs and spends a third of the time off the ground, when he also is only capable of 107 metres gained when played largely outside the core midfield?

Because for some reason we need Laird at the vast majority of CBAs, even if he's useless there.

Nicks press conference was terrible - no insight, no solutions, barely able to even recognise the problems. Answers that didn't make sense and directly contradicted themselves.

I think he's done.

Because for some reason we need Laird at the vast majority of CBAs, even if he's useless there.
Well, he thought he "solved the problem" and now he know he hasn't so logically he is confused.

Like last year for the first 7 weeks when transitioned into the midfield in his 2nd year and average 20 disposals and kicked 10.10???? Have you got me on ignore because I swear I've told you this already when you complained about the same thing.

Of course I have you on ignore, like most sensible people. Mainly because what you have posted here is completely and wholly irrelevant.

Horrible game to watch. Decision to re-sign Nicks is an absolute disaster.

To the people having a dig at Rash for his 'selfishness' at the end of the game, at least he was bloody trying to make something happen. Watching the team chip the ball around sideways when there are < 5 minutes left and we are multiple goals down was so frustrating.

I am just envious because I'm folically challenged.
Complete opposite
Nicolas Cage Someone GIF

To the people having a dig at Rash for his 'selfishness' at the end of the game, at least he was bloody trying to make something happen. Watching the team chip the ball around sideways when there are < 5 minutes left and we are multiple goals down was so frustrating.
Absolutely agree, we need to pumping Rachele up like he's the Goodyear blimp.

Give him a massive ego and confidence to just be him.

Not strip away his natural flair and bring him down so he becomes plain ol vanilla Joe.

Well, he was playing with a good side last year. Also, been very good in a very s**t side this year so........WTF????!!!
View attachment 1950031
View attachment 1950032

1) Good sides don't finish 10th.
2) Top 10 pick for 1.2 goals a game and a couple of really damaging disposals isn't very good. Maybe one day once he becomes accustomed to playing in the middle and we can get some players that aren't losers then we can get the proper value out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Good sides don't finish 10th.
2) Top 10 pick for 1.2 goals a game and a couple of really damaging disposals isn't very good. Maybe one day once he becomes accustomed to playing in the middle and we can get some players that aren't losers then we can get the proper value out of him.
1) Shit sides don't finish just outside the 8 as the highest scoring side
2) Agree, the game against Melbourne last year is how we should be using him and he has the tank. Also kicked 3.3.
1712237398218.png

Felt like we were a team spluttering to life tonight. There was some decent football alongside the frustrating stuff. No idea why it took 4 weeks for our season to start.

We'll beat Carlton. You heard it here first!
Over the first four weeks we have averaged kicking around 8 goals a game. Tonight's "improved effort" was bang on it.

We ain't beating Carlton dishing up a score like this. We're gonna struggle to beat anyone if this keeps up.

Give Laird a crack as a dour small defender. Focus on nothing but tackling the small forward
It annoys me because in 2013/2014 he was a bulldog of a small defender who threw himself at the competition. He also had the talent to be really damn good getting the ball out of the back 50 with skill as a rookie.

I hate him in the midfield, even in 2013 when we sucked as a high school kid I could see potential in our future players. I want him back in defence, he is so one way as a midfielder now and he used to be my fav player. The moment he got smacked in the face with a ball in the goal square against Freo in 2013 at footy Park to successfully deny a goal, I knew he was gonna be a star.

Composure, when needed. Urgency, when needed.

The Crows have neither.

I am just envious because I'm folically challenged.
I covet Ben Keays' looks, hair and fitness.
To that end, I hang around isolated dirt-road crossroads around midnight, hoping to strike a deal with you-know-whom. :sneaky: :whistle:
EDIT: on reflection, I'm wasting my time. Supporting the Crows has sucked the soul outta me. I have nothing left to trade.

Soligo's hair is stoopid. In the not-too-distant future he'll go "Wtf was I thinking?".
forehead slaps.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, bad, the gallant shat loss - R4 vs Melbourne 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back